• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astropulse: Reincarnation – Official Reveal Trailer (Exclusive Extended Version)

Source - IGN

Imagendary Studios, a game development team led by renowned former Blizzard artist Wei Wang, has announced Astropulse: Reincarnation, a the new single-player, sci-fi third-person shooter/RPG set on a war-torn future Earth that aims to be part of a larger transmedia universe.

The developers describe the backstory of Astropulse as such: "Astropulse is an epic science fiction saga spanning billions of years, tracing the impact of a mysterious cosmic energy, known as Astropulse, that arrived on Earth via meteorite 250 million years ago. This force drastically altered Earth’s biological evolution, eventually triggering a global catastrophe that reshaped human civilization. Amidst this fractured world, new species and civilizations emerge, embroiled in a complex struggle for survival against eldritch entities. In this post-apocalyptic landscape, a young man and his loyal companions embark on a quest to defy their seemingly inescapable tragic destiny."

Wang and the Imagendary team also plan short films, comic books, and graphic novels to flesh out the Astropulse universe. Astropulse: Reincarnation will be built using Unreal Engine 5, and we'll have more on it as development progresses.

Man I slept through that video.
Falling Asleep Dr Steve Brule GIF

Hope this gif will wake you up then.

QvRMqOl.gif
Nah. Boring epic stuff where I have no idea what I'm even looking at. Who is that? It's like some Kerrigan thing, I guess? And like Geigeresque stuff, and lightning, and whatever...it's almost like the writing was AI generated.

I honestly can't even read the synopsis without falling asleep.
""Astropulse is an epic science fiction saga spanning billions of years, tracing the impact of a mysterious cosmic energy, known as Astropulse, that arrived on Earth via meteorite 250 million years ago. This force drastically altered Earth’s biological evolution, eventually triggering a global catastrophe that reshaped human civilization. Amidst this fractured world, new species and civilizations emerge, embroiled in a complex struggle for survival against eldritch entities. In this post-apocalyptic landscape, a young man and his loyal companions embark on a quest to defy their seemingly inescapable tragic destiny."

What they're not showing me is, why should I care? No gameplay, no characters, etc. Transmedia universe, huh? Good luck.

Last edited:

KiteGr

It tells nothing about the game, besides some themes and settings.
Good to see they are not afraid of the sexy anymore.

A "transmedia universe"? Jesus Christ. Can't you just focus on making a good game first? If it's successful, people will naturally want more content. They're really putting the cart before the horse here.

Also, fuck you and your no gameplay reveal trailer.

Pejo

Hate it when cinematic teasers are the first media we get about a game.

That said, the art style and assets look really cool. I'm already interested in the world/lore, which I guess is why they did it this way.

Need to see gameplay.

This is crap for people who love LORE and WORLDBUILDING and EPIC.

Imagendary is a stupid name for a studio.

AstroPulse sounds like a headphone line.

Might be great, but this reeks at this point, especially the promise of transmedia universe.

Comandr

The animation on display is technically nice. Feels very blizzard. Their cg is always next level. That said, the concept feels extremely derivative.

Okay guys so Kerrigan right, but instead of Zerg she’s a zombie or necromancer or something. And she’s like the overmind and makes her own queen of blades. But he’s a dude and he’s undead or something.

I wish them success? But this didn’t sell me.

Top Bottom