• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attention CASTLEVANIA fans: The Lecarde Chronicles 2 released!

DemWalls

This comes out of nowhere for me, since after beating the first game I haven't really followed whatever Mig was going to do next. Thanks OP.

Quite liked the previous one, will play this as soon as possible.

Ahasverus

Efrain != Eric. ;)
I see lol.

And I just remembered Eric's hair is actually /Green/, it was turned blond for the western art.

BTW, this art

1484573236-9652-jaquette-avant.jpg

Is pretty fantastic, was it made by one of the Lords of Shadow guys? Looks like it is.

Foffy

Banned
I see lol.

And I just remembered Eric's hair is actually /Green/, it was turned blond for the western art.

No, his hair was always blonde. It was just the sprite had green hair.

It was either a hoodie or had to do with matching colors of his hair with the HUD.

OmegaDL50

Because they're fans of the series and made it in their spare time as a labour of love? Not everything has to be about money

I think I find the mention of people wanting original art and assets strange because in all other circumstances that would give the impression that this being an Indie title. It's ironic and very unfortunate that folks seem to find more to be interested in a fan game based on an existing work despite this, I've seen it time and time again, and it shouldn't be this way.

I generally dislike repeating myself but if games like SoR:R or even AM2R were the same games but with entirely new and original assets to be sold commercially on Steam, they would likely be largely ignored because of the stigma that seems to surround Indie games regardless of their quality.

I understand Indie means independent developer funding their own work, based on the amount of responses I've read on GAF, gives that many gives the impression that Indie means low budget or quality.

Play and enjoy Lecarde Chronicles 2 folks and if you actually do like it, maybe consider checking out Wallachia: Reign of Dracula once it comes out by the same dev.

This looks downright stunning for a free fan game. I'm baffled by the "looks rough" or "looks like a ROM hack" comments, I'm almost inclined to think people have forgotten what older Castlevania games looked like.

Killed it? They just announced a new LoS Castlevania a month ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKGqRaUY2UU

Just in case your post isn't sarcasm, you know that's a pachinko machine, right? (it might not be obvious from the trailer if you can't read katakana).

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Eric Lecarde was blond though.

Man this game is such an amazing work. It might be the most impressive fan game I've ever seen. Congratulations to the team. Hopefully this is a wake up call for Konami.

Konami is dead and buried. Hopefully some other developer picks up the slack!!

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
This looks downright stunning for a free fan game. I'm baffled by the "looks rough" or "looks like a ROM hack" comments, I'm almost inclined to think people have forgotten what older Castlevania games looked like.

My thoughts not exactly, I don't understand how some people are not impressed by the visuals, especially in motion and considering this is a free fan made game...

Ahasverus

Konami is dead and buried. Hopefully some other developer picks up the slack!!
Bomberman has given us some bitter hope if only for a 2D CV game, as they're similary "low effort" games. That Bloodstained looks bad just makes it worse. Even if it didn't, it's not the same without Dracula and the Belmonts.

Teppic

Downloaded this and the first game. Also downloaded the Wonderboy 2 inspired game. They all look good. Will try them later.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Downloaded this and the first game. Also downloaded the Wonderboy 2 inspired game. They all look good. Will try them later.

The first game is much lower in quality that the sequel. I would suggest skipping the first and playing this one directly.

Noogy

Oh nice, Kira Buckland is in this. I worked with her on VO for Dust:AET, and she provided 2B's voice in a little game called Nier.

jombag

Awesome! thanks love me some castlevania

Edit: Game wont work for me. I cant start the game when I get to the title/start game screen for some reason.

Maxey

Cool, never heard of this before but it's always nice to hear about a fan project that won't get the legal hammer on it.

Also, never hurts to have another game in this great genre.

A bit off-topic, but the "v" in Castlevania in that cover art looks like a "b" to me, instead. Castlebania.

low-G

I think some people are turned off by the palette, but it looks like classic Castlevania palettes to me... (Rondo, arcade, Bloodlines...)

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Awesome! thanks love me some castlevania

Edit: Game wont work for me. I cant start the game when I get to the title/start game screen for some reason.

There are two EXE files, you can try the secondary EXE file if the primary doesn't work.

I think it looks fucking awesome for a fan made game and wasn't even aware of its existence until just now...

Downloading right now. I know what I'll be playing later on today. AM2R was one of my favorites of last year as well.

Bomberman has given us some bitter hope if only for a 2D CV game, as they're similary "low effort" games. That Bloodstained looks bad just makes it worse. Even if it didn't, it's not the same without Dracula and the Belmonts.

A good metroidvania is leagues more work than bomberman, I'd bet.

I wouldn't hope too hard if I were you.

After checking it out for a few minutes, controls feel great, looks great in motion and feels quite a bit like Rondo movement wise to me. Can't wait to dive in later to see how the world is overall.

Extremely promising so far.

PS: Devs, if you read this thread, thanks for your time and effort. Fan games in general never fail to impress me on that front.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
After checking it out for a few minutes, controls feel great, looks great in motion and feels quite a bit like Rondo movement wise to me. Can't wait to dive in later to see how the world is overall.

Extremely promising so far.

PS: Devs, if you read this thread, thanks for your time and effort. Fan games in general never fail to impress me on that front.

I don't want to spoil anything but if you played Order of Ecclesia, this game has sort of a similar world structure. The quality of the game really blew my mind and is what drove me to create this OT.

Top Bottom