• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Auditorium 2 Kickstarter Project [Funded]

Axass

Wow, what a shitty situation. It's been five years, he's basically taken the money and forgot about the game.

Cronen

So upon checking the Kickstarter comments, someone has made a Facebook group named' Kickstarter Backers of Auditorium 2'. Upon having a look at the group, there's some comments from someone who may have a little bit of insight. I've taken two comments and presented them below. Take with a grain of salt.

...They have gone through a lot as a company, losing all their staff and being kicked out of their office. I don't like it when they release other games and aren't as transparent as possible, but outside of that they've been at least trying somewhat.

...Trust me, I know Will and Dain very well. I complain to them constantly about their lack of transparency. It is hard though since it is a very sensitive topic. Will even did a GDC talk about how the Kickstarter didn't get them enough money to actually make the game after sending stuff out so they turned to making another game for cash, which completely flopped and basically destroyed their company. The game was Will's first game design but remade and having his "first baby" kill the company almost destroyed him. I found it on the GDC vault. You can watch it here: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1021972/Failure It is basically a metaphor of a fail relationship with the "bad girl" or something.

He was also juggling running the Philly Game Forge and a few other projects. Which he says in retrospect was a horrible idea to try to manage all those things and work on Duet at the same time. I'm sure they will finish the game eventually, and I know they do work on it from time to time, but who knows when it will be released which is the sad part.

Officially cancelled today in a kickstarter post. They gave backers access to all the playable builds throughout development.

So upon checking the Kickstarter comments, someone has made a Facebook group named' Kickstarter Backers of Auditorium 2'. Upon having a look at the group, there's some comments from someone who may have a little bit of insight. I've taken two comments and presented them below. Take with a grain of salt.

I did not know that making Intake basically destroyed Cipher Prime.

Auditorium was always too finicky of a game for me, but Intake is my favorite indie game of its kind of all time. To hear that the development process did so much damage...

Yeah, this is quite sad to hear. its one of the projects i backed that didn't pan out.

In 2012, no one had successfully funded a game for its full budget. This Kickstarter that you funded proved that people wanted a sequel to our beloved game, but it wasn't enough to provide us with a full development budget—we didn't ask for what we really needed.

this bit rang out to me since I've heard it through out the years during Kickstarter talks.

Cronen

We stayed quiet instead of communicating. We hid progress instead of sharing it.

I'm glad they're at least aware of this.

It's a shame, but I'm not surprised. It had been too long. I remember backing the game for my girlfriend at the time, as she was a big fan of the first one, heh. Nice to finally have closure on this whole thing.

Whata sad state of things. Glad I only pledged $1 because it felt this was too good to be true when they decided to spend the money on their previous debts.

Who the fuck does that?

Top Bottom