• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend166

Just unbelievable really. I've been following his career since like 2008. Remember checking Shield score cards to see how he was going, and then watching him score his twin centuries in South Africa.

Too sad.

Sad news about Phil Hughes. Only 25 years old. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

Also gotta feel for the bowler, Sean Abbott. He has nothing to be sorry for but he would be feeling terrible. I hope he gets some help.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Hollllly shittttt. Leaving work just before the rain came and had to bicycle up Hale Street, fucking hell. Rain hit just as I was at the top, nearly got pushed into a car which was totally fun. Trying to ride home I couldn't see shit and had to constantly stop. Got home just before hail hit to put my car undercover which was lucky at least.

Ain't even fucking summer.

Some pics floating around:
B3bfz0JCEAA4D2o.jpg
NCh2rtJ.jpg

pEnY1cY.jpg
B3bgqcNCAAAaHBz.jpg

B3beY4ICMAAA1PO.jpg
MggWda8.jpg

B3blIfRCUAIDj0R.jpg
B3blArDCAAAGMnz.jpg

B3bi7eHCEAILT3r.jpg

PRKy8ca.png
- Damn nature you scary

Man, this is two weeks in a row that storms have forced me to hang around drinking after work because transport is fucked. Stay-just-a-little-bit-longer

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Marsh,

I think we can safely assume wind speeds were over 60 knots!

these storms better not come down to melbourne. I have washing to do on the weekend :(

senahorse

That was a nasty hail storm to drive through, the black part (bom radar) went over us while driving. Front windscreen cracked every panel has hail damage.

HowZatOZ

Banned
So my brother is pretty persistent on wanting an Xbox One sometime in the future, despite my constant attempts at convincing him he wants a PlayStation 4 so we can play GTA and Minecraft with his boys together. Where exactly would I find the best bundle for the XB1 in time for Christmas?

Currently Big W is the winner right now with their $588 bundle that comes with five games, though my girlfriend is able to get a flat 10% discount this weekend on anything in the store (works at Woolies), which puts it at $529. JB has a bundle for $599 that looks pretty sweet with six games, however that's an extra $70 right there that could get me Minecraft/LEGO Batman.

What do AusGAF? I checked Gumtree on a whim and some sweet deals there with people wanting to offload, but not sure I should take the risk. Plus the Big W/JB deals are friggin sweet with the only real deal so far on Gumtree being $500 for three games.

In some places I believe Big W sells JB vouchers. If she can get a discount on those, then the JB bundle is easily the best option. Even if she can't, it has a better range of games (IMO) and it would probably be easier to sell MCC and Fifa to someone for cash than it would be to sell Titanfall.

You could go for Microsoft Store bundle here:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...assins-Creed-Unity-Bundle/productID.308685500

This allows you to pick which 2 extra games you want. And comes with 12 months live. But it's the full 599.

HowZatOZ

Banned
In some places I believe Big W sells JB vouchers. If she can get a discount on those, then the JB bundle is easily the best option. Even if she can't, it has a better range of games (IMO) and it would probably be easier to sell MCC and Fifa to someone for cash than it would be to sell Titanfall.

You could go for Microsoft Store bundle here:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...assins-Creed-Unity-Bundle/productID.308685500

This allows you to pick which 2 extra games you want. And comes with 12 months live. But it's the full 599.
That sounds ideal but sadly I was also working on the premise of layby. If I had the cash on me this weekend I'd definitely buy the JB vouchers as that works the best. I may be able to scrounge up the cash from family members who are pitching in. Thanks anyway!

jambo

Holy shit Ultra-Violet is bad for downloading digital copies.

Tonight I got the 3D edition of The Hobbit 2 Extended and also Catching Fire.

Activating Hobbit was fairly painless, most annoying thing was needing both an UltraViolet account AND Flixster account.

Catching Fire on the other hand was a hot bag of bullshit.

Firstly you can't just go to your UV account and redeem a code, you have to go to a specific URL on the instructions.

My first few tries presented me with this

NcyzIyv.jpg

When I finally got that to work, I was linked through to a JB Hi-Fi Video NOW website, as it was the single option in a "Choose your digital platform" option screen =\

The JB Hi-Fi Video NOW page required an account so I clicked to sign up for my 3rd account in a night and was presented with the following

j1WTPqt.jpg

This was on Chrome, so I tried Firefox and it didn't work either. Then I tried IE11 and it worked straight up.

So I managed to get in to my account, activate the code there and the movie was added to my JB Hi-Fi Video NOW account. I clicked the Stream button to see what the quality was like, clicked the fullscreen button and the page crashed.

I then reloaded and tried clicking the download button, but that required me to download an app to be able to simply download my movie. I didn't like that so I just cancelled it.

It was at this point that I noticed that my JB Hi-Fi Video NOW account only contained Catching Fire and Jurassic Park (old purchase).

I then checked my UV and Flixster accounts and this is what I found

7qapUMS.jpg

DoCl7qC.jpg

Go9QCS0.jpg

Holy shit Ultra-Violet is bad for downloading digital copies.

Tonight I got the 3D edition of The Hobbit 2 Extended and also Catching Fire.

Activating Hobbit was fairly painless, most annoying thing was needing both an UltraViolet account AND Flixster account.

Catching Fire on the other hand was a hot bag of bullshit.

Firstly you can't just go to your UV account and redeem a code, you have to go to a specific URL on the instructions.

My first few tries presented me with this

http://i.imgur.com/NcyzIyv.jpg[/IG]

When I finally got that to work, I was linked through to a JB Hi-Fi Video NOW website, as it was the single option in a "Choose your digital platform" option screen =

The JB Hi-Fi Video NOW page required an account so I clicked to sign up for my 3rd account in a night and was presented with the following

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/j1WTPqt.jpg[/IM]

This was on Chrome, so I tried Firefox and it didn't work either. Then I tried IE11 and it worked straight up.

So I managed to get in to my account, activate the code there and the movie was added to my JB Hi-Fi Video NOW account. I clicked the Stream button to see what the quality was like, clicked the fullscreen button and the page crashed.

I then reloaded and tried clicking the download button, but that required me to download an app to be able to simply download my movie. I didn't like that so I just cancelled it.

It was at this point that I noticed that my JB Hi-Fi Video NOW account only contained Catching Fire and Jurassic Park (old purchase).

I then checked my UV and Flixster accounts and this is what I found

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7qapUMS.jpg[/IM]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DoCl7qC.jpg[/IM]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Go9QCS0.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

And movie studios wonder why piracy is so rampant.

This storm damage is looking pretty nuts :S Somehow the gap managed to escape the storm this time but all the buses/ trains to the city seem to be down. I hope you guys can get to work okay. My Italian class was cancelled so back to bed I go.

Aw yea, passed university. Sooo done with that phase of my life.

Congrats :D

I just got confirmation that I can graduate too! Hi five~

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
This storm damage is looking pretty nuts :S Somehow the gap managed to escape the storm this time but all the buses/ trains to the city seem to be down. I hope you guys can get to work okay. My Italian class was cancelled so back to bed I go.

Congrats :D

I just got confirmation that I can graduate too! Hi five~

you're getting the credits? thats awesome!

and good work kritz :D now you can focus on burgers 24/7

I'm pretty sure that Ultraviolet isn't meant to be an effective digital distribution system but rahter something they can point to when dealing with governments/courts to show that they are totally making the product available online, so they totally need ridiculous statuatory damages and harsher laws. That or it was designed by someone who's never made an online transaction and probably doesn't believe in QA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom