• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australia to compete in Eurovision 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Looks like they need some replacements for drop out countries (Balkan states are dropping out slowly but surely)

As a Turk I can finally proudly talk a country down for not being in Europe...

*Deep inhale

Australia isn't in Europe and Australians aren't European!

So that's how it feels from the other side...Now I get why we get so much stick! This Eurocentrism feels kind of...fun! My heart is pumping, my adrenaline is pumping. Fuck you Aussies! Remove BBQ! Kangaroos not into EU.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
As a Turk I can finally proudly talk a country down for not being in Europe...

*Deep inhale

Australia isn't in Europe and Australians aren't European!

So that's how it feels from the other side...Now I get why we get so much stick! This Eurocentrism feels kind of...fun! My heart is pumping, my adrenaline is pumping. Fuck you Aussies! Remove BBQ! Kangaroos not into EU.

Look, the effort is nice and we'll try to be more inclusive in the future, but you have to understand we've spent 1000 years trying to remove kebab and some habits die hard. I mean, what are you expecting to happen? The roast beef to make peace with the baguette!?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Let Canada in! We have so much to offer.

At this rate Eurovision is rapidly becoming the "not-America" club, so... sorry, you're barred.

you can come in as long as we get to make poutine jokes

after finding out what this poutine stuff is, anyway

At this rate Eurovision is rapidly becoming the "not-America" club, so... sorry, you're barred.

you can come in as long as we get to make poutine jokes

after finding out what this poutine stuff is, anyway

:mad:

What would a poutine joke look like? All we have is "Pierre Poutine" for generic Québécois name.

What just happened in Germany?
So weird.

sometimes people who are selected (often internally) decline the opportunity; Rita Ora turned down representing the UK in.... 2009 I think?

really bizarre circumstances at USFÖ, though, being an actual competition and all

Sylver

Banned
b1O6zIo.jpg

Ural mountain range is Europe border this is missing some Russian field.

The dude who won the German contest to represent the country this year gave his win to the second-place finisher, who will represent Germany in Austria instead.

What a plonker. If he didn't want to do it then why bother at all?

What is this supposed to be based off? EU member states? There are other countries in Europe that aren't a part of that but even still the EU is bigger than the number on that image.

This (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_countries_by_area) gives Europe's total geographical size as 10,176,246 km².

Condom

Or do they actually get what this competition is ultimately about?

Would be hilarious to have the US send in a top class artist expecting the 'number 1, greatest country in the world' recognition and then lose. Yes Kanye would destroy the rest but we Euro's are damn bitter enough at that point to just collectively vote for the worst contender.

Mohonky

'Eh, he's the perfect cheeseball for a daggy affair like Eurovision, sending an artist like Kylie over to compete with a bunch of European nerds in viking outfits would just be overkill.

Eh, even Guy Sebastian is too serious to send over. He can also sing pretty well, which should automatically rule him out.

If only it was TISM :(

Why dont we send Chris Franklin instead?

Kozak

Banned
Guy Sebastian makes sense.

I can't really think of anyone else we could send that could put on a "fun" show.

El Topo

UK could totally win, but they need the right mindset; the UK's attitude about ESC nukes any chance they might have for the time being.

The Dutch were perennial jokes until a few years ago when they started sending pretty accomplished artists with good songs (Anouk, The Common Linnets) and as a result their fortunes improved dramatically.
Shame about their song this year, though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom