• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australia to compete in Eurovision 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia better put a didgeridoo, a kangaroo and a koala bear in their act of don´t bother :p
We need more crazy acts akin to the previous Eurovision. The last couple of years were boring.

Russian grandmas and their rotating oven for the win.

JCX

There was a thing years ago before the Voice about NBC possibly during a Eurovision type show but with reps from each state. Never went anywhere though.

oti

Banned
Australia better put a didgeridoo, a kangaroo and a koala bear in their act of don´t bother :p
We need more crazy acts akin to the previous Eurovision. The last couple of years were boring.

Russian grandmas and their rotating oven for the win.

He's the hero we need.

arts-graphics-2008_1186129a.jpg

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
There was a thing years ago before the Voice about NBC possibly during a Eurovision type show but with reps from each state. Never went anywhere though.

It would be pretty boring in comparison, the US states aren't differentiated enough to produce the huge variety of crazy that comes out of Eurovision.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Greece getting at least 10 additional points now confirmed.

They give Australia Kyrgios and Kokkinakis, Australia gives them Eurovision points. Seems like a fair deal.

JCX

It would be pretty boring in comparison, the US states aren't differentiated enough to produce the huge variety of crazy that comes out of Eurovision.

Maybe not in external fashion, since Eurovision gets hunger games-esque in its broad representation of countries, but there are clear differences between Southern Rap, Nashville Country, Pacific NW indie, etc. It wouldn't be as distinct as Europe, but it coudl still work.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, voting blocks got more complex.

England still has zero chance of winning. Send some good singers you English hacks :p

We'll invite Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and Australia, petition to give Cornwall and Yorkshire separate entries reflecting their unique identity, and then you'll see! Anglo-bloc unite!

xbhaskarx

Australia are such frauds, they want to be their own continent yet they also want to compete in Eurovision, and as part of Asia in soccer.

Dryk

Australia's struggle right now: "So we could send a really strong song and an amazing singer to represent us in this once in a liftetime opportunity... Or we send utter trash!"
In the end indecision gets the better of us and we just send Chet Faker

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe not in external fashion, since Eurovision gets hunger games-esque in its broad representation of countries, but there are clear differences between Southern Rap, Nashville Country, Pacific NW indie, etc. It wouldn't be as distinct as Europe, but it coudl still work.

The trouble is that distinctiveness probably wouldn't work when there are multiple southern rap candidates, multiple Pacific indie candidates, and so on. The best bet would be to have regional rounds that 6-7 similar state compete in, with the winner from each regional round going to a final.

oti

Banned
Well at least we send a good looking contender even if her song was utter shit and won with a fraud

Yeah, just like in football. Ronaldo is also pretty good looking but they still lost that one match to Greece. Oh wait, two actually.

:p

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It borders with Germany and Italy.

Beautiful.

Looking at differences between genres? It looks like you are taking Eurovision seriously.

iFcXZRD.gif

The Enchanter

Neo Member
Best news to wake up to ever!!

My vote is we send Hugh Jackman. He can dance, sing and well, he's Wolverine.

I'm not sure who's trolling on this thread or not but New Zealand is not a region of Australia, just putting it out there.

I thought countries participated out of some duty.

Didn't think anyone would actually WANT to take part.......I remember sitting with family and watching.

Then it was just waiting to see England flop.

Then Internet happened and there are far too many other worthless things to do with my time than watch the Eurovision.

oti

Banned
I thought countries participated out of some duty.

Didn't think anyone would actually WANT to take part.......I remember sitting with family and watching.

Then it was just waiting to see England flop.

Then Internet happened and there are far too many other worthless things to do with my time than watch the Eurovision.

See, this is why Australia deserves to be part of Eurovision and so many European countries don't. Germany was the same way until Lena won. Greece always liked it, but they are one of the most successfull participants.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Who would Australia's tactical/political vote go to?

Team GB! Team GB! Team GB!

We're getting perilously close to the point that we'll perform sexual favours in return for Eurovision votes.

rbenchley

Why no U.S.?

Because we don't give a shit. Pretty soon there will be threads about the US & Eurovision to go along with the ones asking why:
  • We don't we use the metric system?
  • Why don't we love the "beautiful game"?
  • Do we really clap after meals?

This is both a nice gesture for the 60th anniversary based on the logic of the EBU but also completely weird and crazy and will confuse a lot of people.

Couldn't think of a decision that's more Eurovision-esque than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom