• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - PC Features Trailer With New Footage Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

Experience the wonders and dangers of Pandora with state-of-the-art PC technologies and features.

The game takes advantage of High Core Count Processors, as it has been optimized to perform on lower specs and high-end PCs alike.

Enjoy a smooth journey with stable FPS and low latency in all resolutions.

Play Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora's Ultimate Edition on Day 1 with Ubisoft+ on PC, Xbox, and Amazon Luna* via Ubisoft connect.*Amazon Luna is only availabe in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany & Canada.

About Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora:Set after the events of the first Avatar film, you’ll embark on a journey across the Western Frontier, a never-before-seen continent of Pandora, as you join other Na’vi clans to protect Pandora from the formidable forces of the RDA. Created in collaboration with Disney and James Cameron’s production company, Lightstorm Entertainment, you will experience a first-person open-world action-adventure game exclusively developed to maximize the power of new-gen consoles and PC.

Buggy Loop

Another AMD sponsored game with FSR only?

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

hlm666

They only mention RT reflections and shadows, is that because they are pc only and RTGI is on all platforms or has the RTGI mentioned ages ago been kicked to the curb? If it's gone, and AMD are the sponsors it's hard not to make some assumptions.

They only mention RT reflections and shadows, is that because they are pc only and RTGI is on all platforms or has the RTGI mentioned ages ago been kicked to the curb? If it's gone, and AMD are the sponsors it's hard not to make some assumptions.
Yh pretty sure we heard it was supposed to have RTGI a while back. I can't remember who from. Apparently it's well known that developers have cut back on RT feature sets in certain games as to not make AMD look bad, much to the annoyance of Nvidia developers.

No DLSS.

I am about ready to quit gaming. I swear to fucking god.

How can AMD have the budget to secure these deals while Nvidia who is literally making billions every quarter cant match their offer?

Nvdia for all their faults have not been petty enough to lock DLSS exclusivity on games as far I'm aware? Maybe because they know they'll smoke FSR regardless and make their cards look even better.

Really shitty move by AMD though, wow.

Last edited:

acm2000

its a ubisoft open world game so its gonna get boring as hell real fast but at least its only gonna cost you $15 on pc and xbox for a months ubisoft+

Buggy Loop

You’re right

They spent a good portion of the video talking about RTGI

Probably gone

Thanks AMD sponsorship !

Last edited:

hlm666

You’re right

They spent a good 40% of the video talking about RTGI

Probably gone

Thanks AMD sponsorship !

Thanks for finding that, I new I had seen them bangin on about RTGI in a video ages ago but couldn't remember where.

I'll be nice and give them the benefit of doubt until it's confirmed RTGI is gone, maybe it's just an all platform feature and not pc specifically.

Last edited:

wipeout364

I know Avatar is a big movie franchise, but are there really big avatar fans out there? Do people actually love the lore and characters. I just wonder because I have watched both movies in the theater and enjoyed the spectacle but the universe building and characters are to me just a snore fest.

This is not a criticism I just was really curious if there are huge Avatar fans out there who have been waiting for this game. I might play it if it’s good but Avatar license is actually on the balance kind of a negative for me.

Buggy Loop

I know Avatar is a big movie franchise, but are there really big avatar fans out there? Do people actually love the lore and characters. I just wonder because I have watched both movies in the theater and enjoyed the spectacle but the universe building and characters are to me just a snore fest.

This is not a criticism I just was really curious if there are huge Avatar fans out there who have been waiting for this game. I might play it if it’s good but Avatar license is actually on the balance kind of a negative for me.

I never liked it, but do peoples remember when the first avatar hit that some peoples started a “I’m a Na’vi” movement in the US? 😂

Peoples are fucked in the head

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Visually good looking.

No DLSS though? Stupid decision and guaranteed to look visually worse than a simple DLSS injection.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Strange, why not mention it
Because they mentioned it in the first trailer and confirmed it when PS5 footage came out. I think they have fallbacks on PS5 and Xbox whereas on PC, its probably always on which is why they felt compelled to mention it.

This is what the tech director told Alex a few months ago when he was nitpicking the reflections.

Zathalus

No DLSS.

How can AMD have the budget to secure these deals while Nvidia who is literally making billions every quarter cant match their offer?
Thankfully, DLSS is supported.

Quit *PC gaming...

FTFY

Did that a long time ago brother, happy console gamer now :)
Nah, SlimySnake SlimySnake doesn't want the game to look even worse.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Thankfully, DLSS is supported.

Nah, SlimySnake SlimySnake doesn't want the game to look even worse.
Agreed, there's no 120 fps or Ray tracing, but honestly the experience is much better. With the upcoming ps5 pro, case for shifting to console will be stronger.

Of course, PCs are amazing emulator machines.

Xtib81

With RTGI and all, this game is so running at 30 fps on consoles. Fucking hell. Guess I'll have to wait for the ps5 pro to play this game.

peish

Is it only me, but the visuals uplift going from console to a PC is the widest in any gaming generations just yet?

This looked so sharp and so much better looking than console versions.

shamoomoo

No DLSS.

Obviously Nvidia doesn't need to also, doesn't AMD have to compete with Nvidia? AMD can't snag high profile games to use features on their GPUs?

Just had a quick chat with a friend in the know who told me that the RTGI will work on both RT and non-RT GPUs with lower ray count on the latter. Supposedly, this new snowdrop engine which was designed for current-gen consoles and PC hardware has been built with a heavy focus on RTGI.

Oh, and besides FSR2 and DLSS it should also support XeSS, and maybe something extra down the line. 😜

Last edited:
Top Bottom