• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar sequels begin shooting this Monday 25th September

jett

D-Member
No word yet. The last interview which Cameron mentioned seemed like he might just be doing 48fps.

Fuck it, he should film at 240fps so that perfect 120, 60 and 24fps versions could be extracted from it.

Honestly though, 48fps would be the worst option, it would mean the HFR version would be stuck in theaters. I'd rather have 60fps.

Fuck it, he should film at 240fps so that perfect 120, 60 and 24fps versions could be extracted from it.

Honestly though, 48fps would be the worst option, it would mean the HFR version would be stuck in theaters. I'd rather have 60fps.
Honestly though, we have nfi what frame rate he's shooting it at now. It's been years since he's talked about it, and when he did talk about it, the locked frame rate was nothing definitive.

So.. did production start today?

Unpopular(?) opinion, but I'm looking forward to more Avatar.

Also, stupid question regarding HFR: is there any change in the image when capturing at 48ps but releasing in 24fps? Just curious if it provides a slightly crisper image when it comes to objects in motion.

Top Bottom