• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Infinity War - SDCC Footage (Potato Quality)

Leonel

Neo Member
Ant-Man is in the posters, there's two more pieces missing. One with Cap Marvel at the end (also has Wasp and Ant), but the other one is TBA.

3rdEdge

I've watched this footage from every available awful angle that has been provided. Looks pretty hype, but no Thanos-Copter? Way to fail, Marvel.

XICEMAN

Neo Member
Sorry, but .... how in the universe, everyone admitted on these "preview trailer rooms"
do have some crappy camera phone that manages to capture only potato quality trailers?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Sorry, but .... how in the universe, everyone admitted on these "preview trailer rooms"
do have some crappy camera phone that manages to capture only potato quality trailers?

Because you are not supposed to film in the hall??

edit: Do you just take out your RED camera while watching a movie? It is the same principal during these panels sometimes.

Skab

Because you are not supposed to have cameras out during the panel, and they have security roaming it to try and stop people?

sinkfla87

I think I've watched this trailer like 5 times already lol. There's some unmasked shots there of Tony looking quite fucked up. Going back to a line in homecoming where Tony tells Peter that if he's nothing without the suit then he doesn't deserve it, I have a vague suspicion there will be a follow up to that line in this movie. By that, I mean Tony's suit gets fucked up and makes the ultimate sacrifice without it in the fight against Thanos. That would be a pretty noble act but it would also be depressing :/.

DFb4fmdW0AEEVjM.jpg

Sauce

Captain America's new theme has been revealed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U

let's drive this metal gear joke to the ground

Prompto

Banned
I don't think this will do $2bn but if it's a good-to-great movie that sets up the sequel very well, I think Avengers 4 will do it.
I think Avengers 4 will be a small dip from Infinity War actually if it's just a straightforward continuation. The big draw for Infinity War is seeing the Guardians and The Avengers together for the first time. Avengers 4 won't have the same thing going for it.

Will the massive narrative barriers of entry at this point be more impactful to box office than the 'event film' quality of the MCU's culmination and the Avengers and Guardians teaming up?

Yes

number11

I think Avengers 4 will be a small dip from Infinity War actually if it's just a straightforward continuation. The big draw for Infinity War is seeing the Guardians and The Avengers together for the first time. Avengers 4 won't have the same thing going for it.

The final movie of franchises normally performs the best. The MCU is never gonna end but this is the closest thing to a final movie this franchise is gonna get.

Schnozberry

Civil War made around 1.1 billion, and it had similar narrative barriers of entry.

Given the likely insane budget required for CGI and the sheer amount of talent on hand, 1.1 Billion for this film would be a disappointment.

I think the barriers get even higher when you add in Spiderman, Guardians, Doctor Strange, etc. Keeping the film focused is going to be a major accomplishment.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The final movie of franchises normally performs the best. The MCU is never gonna end but this is the closest thing to a final movie this franchise is gonna get.

But this is just buildup to the next Avengers movie.

Cuburt

I was thinking Marvel didn't have to be in any rush to drop the trailer since they hold all the cards right now, but I underestimated how much the leaked vids would spread. The thirst is strong.

I say they should drop it as soon as Thor's view count eclipses the JL trailer in a couple hours.

Top Bottom