• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Infinity War - SDCC Footage (Potato Quality)

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I just have an idea of what to expect. I don't usually follow the comics.

Speaking of which, is Death confirmed in the movie or what? Also I am pretty sure that they will change the storyline from the comics since it won't work as well just as said in the video.

Except they already teased Thanos's death avatar thirst in The Avengers.

Remember back in 2012 when we saw Thanos at the end of The Avengers and were like "wow I can't wait to see him fight all these guys in a few years!"

Try six. But the hype still remains. In fact I'd say it has grown stronger.

inky

I am confused. What happened to Thanos that changes his appearance so drastically between GotG and this movie? He looks...dumb now?

He got the gauntlet filled with infinity stones and dropped the armor for some comfy take-over-the-universe clothes.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I think there were photos of him on set a few weeks ago, though I doubt he'll have more than a cameo.

(Spoilers for Infinity War)
I think we have set pictures of Paul Rudd - the site is called Just Jared if you want to see for yourself. Could just be a cameo or post-credit scene.

Ah right, thanks! I'd have been disappointed if he wasn't there I had never heard of the character before seeing the movie and now he's my 2nd favourite superhero (after Batman, obviously).

Edit: Just took a look at the images
Seems like he won't be wearing the suit, although I suppose they could just put anyone in it as his face is covered.
. What with his next film coming out so soon after IW, my guess is that it's set during or before IW, which will likely tie into why he's barely in IW.

inky

Fair enough. Continue on.

Seriously now, I don't know why he looks like this. Potato cam footage isn't clear enough to tell either way. Confession time: I actually got really bored with Dr. Strange so I skipped GotG2 and missed whatever happened there. Might've been a mistake.

Everyone will die except Ironman. Actually they don't die, but fuse into Ironman giving him all of their abilities and skills. Phase 4/5 is Ironman recruiting a new team. He's in every solo film and team up movie.

Volimar

platinum blonde black widow...

scale.php

#thegif

So Who is going to die in this? I say Hawkeye, and Ironman.

Definitely Vision. Maybe also Loki, Thor, Falcon, Hawkeye, Black Widow and/or Nick Fury. I feel like Rhodey will make it through alive since he already got his big scare back in Civil War, but he's also relatively expendable.

If Tony dies here, I think he'll probably be brought back in A4 and then go into semi-retirement after that.

Steve's ass is totally grass in A4 though. It'll be time for BuckyCap.

Definitely Vision. Maybe also Loki, Thor, Falcon, Hawkeye, Black Widow and/or Nick Fury. I feel like Rhodey will make it through alive since he already got his big scare back in Civil War, but he's also relatively expendable.

If Tony dies here, I think he'll probably be brought back in A4 and then go into semi-retirement after that.

Steve's ass is totally grass in A4 though. It'll be time for BuckyCap.

I feel like MCU deaths are going to be megaperm. These bros are signing such massive contracts that when they finally get to pull the ripcord, they ain't nevuh comin back.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I feel like MCU deaths are going to be megaperm. These bros are signing such massive contracts that when they finally get to pull the ripcord, they ain't nevuh comin back.

Feige already said a while abck that they would "James Bond it." If they kill a character off, I think it's for story reasons (Bucky becoming Cap) rather than contract reasons.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Maybe also Loki

It clearly looks like he's handing over the Tesseract in that scene, I'd say this is early on before Thanos comes to Earth and Loki is the first casualty. This will prove Thanos means business and make you fear for everyone else.

I tend to agree, hence why I doubt that Tony will die. I feel like Marvel will probably opt to give him an ending here that lets him effectively ride off into the sunset, but still keep just enough of an opening in the door so that they can send a few trucks full of money RDJ's way if they want to have him make any cameos down the road.

Steve, on the other hand, is absolutely not walking out of these films alive.

It clearly looks like he's handing over the Tesseract in that scene, I'd say this is early on before Thanos comes to Earth and Loki is the first casualty. This will prove Thanos means business and make you fear for everyone else.

Yuuuup, that's exactly why I put Loki first on the list of "maybe"s.

I feel like Thor could probably make it out of these films alive (unless Marvel wants to go with Beta Ray Bill for the next Thor film, which would be awesome), but I highly doubt Loki is going to keep escaping death forever.

Ezalc

So Who is going to die in this? I say Hawkeye, and Ironman.

Anybody that has a probable substitute plus those that don't really matter and a few others for good measure, so: Vision, Iron Man, Cap for sure. Hawkeye, Widow, Falcon, War Machine probably and Loki and Thor possibly.

I tend to agree, hence why I doubt that Tony will die. I feel like Marvel will probably opt to give him an ending here that lets him effectively ride off into the sunset, but still keep just enough of an opening in the door so that they can send a few trucks full of money RDJ's way if they want to have him make any cameos down the road.

Steve, on the other hand, is absolutely not walking out of these films alive.

Yuuuup, that's exactly why I put Loki first on the list of "maybe"s.

I feel like Thor could probably make it out of these films alive (unless Marvel wants to go with Beta Ray Bill for the next Thor film, which would be awesome), but I highly doubt Loki is going to keep escaping death forever.

Hell, Loki could be the one who connects Hela (Death in the MCU) and Thanos in the first place.

Remember back in 2012 when we saw Thanos at the end of The Avengers and were like "wow I can't wait to see him fight all these guys in a few years!"

Try six. But the hype still remains. In fact I'd say it has grown stronger.

I remember people being confused when they announced that Avengers 2 was going to be called Age of Ultron

For a second I thought Luis was in Infinity War.

*Thanos stands amid dozens of defeated Avengers, dead or dieing at his feet*

Thanos: All too easy.

*A figure emerges from the shadows*

Luis: So, uh, I'm told you're into fancy jewelry I got a score for you, bro, that my aunt's housekeeper tipped me to. And she’s dating this dude Carlos who’s a shot caller from across the bay and she tells him about the dude that she’s cleaning for. Right? That he’s, like, this big-shot CEO that is all retired now but he’s loaded. And so, Carlos and Ernesto are on the same softball team and they get to talking, right? And here comes the good part. Carlos says: “Yo, man. This guy’s got a big-ass safe just sitting in the basement, just chillin’.” Of course Ernesto comes to me cause he knows I’ve got mad thieving skills. Of course I ask him: “Did Emily tell Carlos to tell you to get to me what kind of safe it was? And he says: “Nah, dog. All she said is that it’s, like, super legit, and whatever’s in it has gotta be good!

Thanos: What?

Luis: Nothing. I was just the distraction for her.

*Squirrel Girl drops from the trees, commanding an army of squirrels to devour Thanos's flesh*

OsMyNZw.gif

Sadist

Death?

Meanwhile, everyone gets revived because of Dr. Strange fuckery; they beat Thanos in A4 and everyone will have their happy ever after moment: Tony retiring and spending time with Pepper, Steve and Sharon living somewhere remote, Bucky getting the shield, Banner meeting a young kid named Amadeus, Thor being the All Father and stuff. After that Marvel announces recasts for Iron Man, Hulk and Thor. Problem solved.

Top Bottom