• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Awesome" Fan Art |OT2| James can see everything

the chris

So you like ponies eh?
t9W41.jpg

Then have all the ponies in the world!!!

Nert

The initials stand for "just a typical conservative brony" and the artist has started a blog on the subject.

This might the strangest thing that I've seen in this entire thread, and that's saying something.

Hello, fellow tumblrvatives!
I thought I would try to bring a different flavor of blog to tumblr. I enjoy the typical posts, patting ourselves on the back for seeing through the murky fog of liberal lies. But I thought instead, I would try to make posts to make us all think a little more. Ask ourselves, what does it mean to be a conservative? Should conservatism be particularly tailored to the particular situations in each country, or should conservative ideals be universal in nature? How should we act in order to make our ideals the norm in American society? Are they already the norm?

I also thought I would post ponies. :)

Has "tumblrvatives" been a word since before this thing? Please tell me it hasn't.

Drago

I decided to do a search for 'Sonic GT The Musical' and found a synopsis
Sonic GT the Musical: Live in Sydney is a musical special made for Sonic GT developed by Capcom, Sega, Namco, Nintendo and Lauren Faust. It takes place after Sonic & Rainbow Dash: Defenders of the Core and features the same main heroes and villains from it, except for Eggman, who was replaced by Dr. Julian Robotnik. Just like Sonic & Rainbow Dash, the musical is a crossover featuring characters from the MLP: FiM series and the Sonic the Hedgehog series. Most of the music and sound effects used in the show were taken from Masato Nakamura's score on Sonic The Hedgehog 2, with many unique musical numbers, including three written by Phillip Einfeld and Mark Rosenberg; Sonic's "What Are We Waiting For", Dr. Robotnik's "Give Me Chaos", and "Thank You For Being You", sung by Amy Rose and Sally Acorn.

(Spoilers)
The story begins with the opening narrator, Asuna Kagurazaka, announcing the arrival of Sonic the Hedgehog and his friends. Tails was piloting the X-Tornado with his friends in tow. Suddenly, the engine sputters, forcing the group to jump out before it crashes. After a rough parachute landing, the Sonic Heroes (minus Sonic), Roll and Mickey Mouse figure out that they are in Australia. Sonic then appears, explaining that he was making a "Supersonic Surveillance of the Surrounds", and then explains the reason for being in Australia: after defeating Dr. Eggman and Gilda for the Earth's core, Dr. Robotnik and Gilda fled with the Chaos Emeralds and set up his laboratory somewhere in Sydney, with the intent of controlling all of Australia. Sonic and friends begin their search for Robotnik (What Are We Waiting For?).

Before the group splits up for searching, Rainbow Dash complains that she is partnered with Sonic, while Amy is partnered with Sally. Amy and Sally then reveal to Rainbow that the reason why is because they're being good friends, just like her and Sonic (Friends to the End). After that, the group splits up in search for Robotnik and Eckhart.

The next scene features Robotnik, Eckhart and Doji, who brag to the audience about their new base, which they built on top of the Sydney Harbor Bridge, much to the annoyance of Chroto, Elrica and a mysterious figure. Robotnik calls Scratch, Grounder, Coconuts, Sleet, Dingo and Snively to set up his Super Laser Telescope, which will enable him, Eckhart and Doji to be on the lookout for Sonic. After asking the audience to keep the location of their base a secret, the scene ends, switching back to Sonic and his friends.

The Sonic Heroes, Roll and Mickey are still searching for the villains, but Sydney is such a large city that they haven't found any clues to their whereabouts. As they took a break, Roll suddenly thinks about her love, Pikan Suzuhara, and decides to sing something to hope she sees him again (Where the Wind Blows). After Roll finishes singing, Rainbow Dash contemplates on whether Gilda survived her defeat or not and that she'll always knock her down whenever she attacks.

In the next scene, Robotnik, Eckhart and Doji reveal their plot: He'll use either Sally or Amy, or both, as bait to catch Sonic (Give Me Chaos). They, along with Chroto and Elrica, even revealed another part of the plan, which involves Mecha Sonic, Mecha Rainbow Dash and Mecha Sally and World Domination (It Will All Be Ours).

To capture Amy and Sally, Chroto creates a fake Chaos Emerald and lays it in plain sight while he, Elrica, Scratch, Grounder, Coconuts, Sleet, Dingo and Snively hide in wait (We're the Best at Being the Worst). When Amy and Sally approach, they find the fake emerald. Sally then stopped Amy from falling into the deception. Chroto and the others danced like mad while the other Sonic Heroes, Roll and Mickey met up with Amy and Sally. Then the mysterious figure appears from out of nowhere, vowing to stop the heroes from ruining Robotnik's plan. Knuckles demanded to know who the figure is, to which it revealed itself to be none other than, to the shock of Sonic and friends, Rainbow Dash's former friend and now enemy, Gilda the Griffon, who the team defeated in Sonic & Rainbow Dash: Defenders of the Core (Look Who's Back Again)! The rest of the villains appear and they and Gilda kidnap Amy and take her back to Robotnik's base.

After Amy gets kidnapped, the group then sing in confusion, anger and surprise of what's been going on (What the Heck Was That?). They can't find any evidence of Robotnik, so they ask for some help from the audience. After the audience points out that Chroto accidentally left the blueprints for Mecha Sonic, Mecha Rainbow Dash and Mecha Sally behind for the team to see, Sonic starts to become suspicious. The scene changes as the Heroes go on another "Super Sonic Surveillance of the Surrounds", as Sally sings from the area Amy was kidnapped, while Amy sings from her cell in Robotnik's base, about the secrets they had to keep while Sonic and Rainbow Dash resolve to not rest until Amy is found (I Got a Secret).

In Robotnik's base, Amy was dragged to the main room, where Robotnik uses his remote to activate a time bomb which he has set up in the base. Amy can't escape, since Gilda won't let her, so Amy begins to sing one line of "Thank You For Being You" to give away her position to her friends, who hear her from outside the bridge and start thinking of a way to rescue her. Frustrated at Amy's singing, Gilda asked why she's friends with Rainbow Dash and always helping her and Sonic beat her, even during the battle for the Earth's Core. Amy finds the idea of letting evil win repulsive, and shouts that she would never let Gilda have her revenge on Sonic and Rainbow Dash if she was the last Griffon in Australia. Gilda then decides to try and force Amy to let her have her revenge, stating that she'll feed her and her friends to a giant shark (Don't Make Me Laugh). After Gilda's song ends, Amy still refuses to give in, stating that if she did, it would betray the good name of the Freedom Fighters. She would rather jump off the bridge!

Enraged from the insult, Gilda prepares to throw Amy off the bridge. However, before she could, the Heroes overheard the whole thing, rushed in and rescued Amy in the nick of time. Then Rainbow Dash tells Gilda that if she wants revenge on her and Sonic, she's got it. Robotnik, Eckhart and Doji then enter, saying that they've been expecting the heroes. They and Gilda then unleash Mecha Sonic, Mecha Rainbow Dash and Mecha Sally as the villains face Sonic and Rainbow Dash (You Just Can't Win). Sonic and RD then dismantled the Mechas and the villains fled after that. Amy then approaches Sonic to sing her love for him with Sally backing her up (Thank You For Being You). After the song, Tails suddenly notices that the time bomb that Robotnik set earlier in the show is about to explode. Sonic uses Robotnik's remote to deactivate the bomb, reveal all seven Chaos Emeralds, enabling Cream to use her ring to reveal the missing eighth emerald. While the heroes prepare for the final battle, Rainbow Dash and Gilda sing from opposite sides about settling their score once and for all (The Plagues of War (We Will Settle This)).

After that, the heroes and villains have a final confrontation, which the heroes eventually won (A Filthy Finale). With the villains defeated, the Sonic Heroes and their two friends meet with all their other friends and their families, who were riding a Jumbo Jet. Everyone, including Asuna, sing about their union as friends and family (You and Me and Everyone). The song was even followed by a reprise of "What Are We Waiting For", which is temporarily interrupted by the escaping villains. The heroes then say goodbye to the audience, and the special ends.

(End Spoilers)

augh

Well now that's not fair. In response, your next "awesome" challenge will be:

Insurance and insurance-themed fanart

I think there was an entire thread on this back in the day that was locked for being NSFW. Probably because E-surance or whatever.

CorvoSol

Da planet core.

Boss Nass? WHUT.

No, okay, give me Rygel from Far Scape and Boss Nass.

Maybe I don't want to see Farscape fan art?

Ah, what the hell. For added nightmares, I am currently watching Gundam Wing and Full Metal Panic. Surely there is some evil there.

Boogiepop

So, long time reader, first time contributor. I happened to think up something I haven't seen ruined in this thread, so I decided to go digging for some Shakespeare related works in Deviantart. While looking for Midsummer Night's Dream Stuff I found this:

EEnE_Halloween_pic_DUH_by_VampireHunterS.jpg

It was odd enough, but then I read the description:
ok here's there costumes
Double D: Oberon, King of Fairies-A Midsummer Night's Dream
Eddy:Alex-A Clockwork Orange
Ed:Jason Voorhees-Friday the 13th

So yeah, apparently this is Ed, Edd, and Eddy fanart. My mind was blown.

Edit:
Also, just found this:
A_Midsummer_Night__s_Dream_by_HeartsApocalypses.jpg

While looking for Midsummer Night's Dream Stuff I found this:

I have to wonder what reality looks like to people like this if they see Ed Edd n Eddy this way.

Also, why would you think that Edd just had long blonde hair? I mean, it seemed pretty obvious that the writers meant for it to be something really insane and/or stupid, like a comically large afro, extremely early male pattern baldness or an exposed brain.

CorvoSol

My problem with realistic Pokemon is that people assume Real = Grotesque. If I were designing the worlds most powerful super-being, I think I would make certain his torso fully connected to his goddamn abdomen.

And also SCYTHER IS A MANTIS POKEMON. Why did you draw a raptor, man?

Avixph

My problem with realistic Pokemon is that people assume Real = Grotesque. If I were designing the worlds most powerful super-being, I think I would make certain his torso fully connected to his goddamn abdomen.

And also SCYTHER IS A MANTIS POKEMON. Why did you draw a raptor, man?

Go ask the artist on DeviantArt.

So, long time reader, first time contributor. I happened to think up something I haven't seen ruined in this thread, so I decided to go digging for some Shakespeare related works in Deviantart. While looking for Midsummer Night's Dream Stuff I found this:

This kinda blew my mind, I must be honest.

Just... why?

joe2187

Banned
Something about that pony reading the bible disturbs me greatly, the expression on it's face is...something that haunts me.

Top Bottom