• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axel Rose rumored to be joining AC/DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a Queen thread.

w9KKmFZ.gif

qwTbXmW.gif

tumblr_lps9wjlHMR1qacm62.gif

Sorcerer

I was shocked they carried on after Malcolm, and really can't believe they'd still carry on now. Also pretty shitty if what Jim Breuer said about the situation is true, which there isn't really any reason to not believe him.

AC/DC didn't grieve Bon Scott too long. It seemed liked they never stopped actually.

But if they won't stop for Malcom they won't stop for anything. Did they have contractual obligations in this case?

I know when Entwhistle died Pete felt it was better to carry on because quitting the tour would be a disaster that would affect many people lives.

Hurley

It's bad enough that we gnr fans have to hear Axl sound like an out of breath mickey mouse on gnr songs these days but now he's going to do it to AC/DC songs

whoever agreed to this over at AC/DC's camp will regret it lol and they'll have plenty of time to since Axl won't show up for 3 hours.

Sorcerer

It's bad enough that we gnr fans have to hear Axl sound like an out of breath mickey mouse on gnr songs these days but now he's going to do it to AC/DC songs

whoever agreed to this over at AC/DC's camp will regret it lol and they'll have plenty of time to since Axl won't show up for 3 hours.

Actually don't AC/DC take long hiatus's between albums nowadays? That's perfect for Axl, I mean the dude only takes 20 years to make a record.

Maybe Axl should join My Bloody Valentine as well.

Tenebrous

Someone hasn't listened to much Queen at all. Like, very little.

'twas a joke (my dad always says it, but I don't agree), but it's always funny to see people react. I own, off the top of my head, Queen II, Sheer Heart Attack, Jazz, The Game, and A Night at the Opera... Oh, and the greatest hits, but I hate compilations.

Queen are alright in small doses. I never go on an album binge.

Rumor is he would just fill in the 10 dates on tour.

Axl is one of the best rock singers and has covered some AC/DC songs with GN'R before. I think he is no longer as easily agitated as he once was. Once Chinese Democracy finally was released he seemed to enjoy music again. To be quite honest he is likely one of the best people to fill in and he fits in with the band better than say Adam Lambert with Queen.

Plus, with Slash and Duff joining Guns N' Roses we know that this is not a long term thing for Axl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom