• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axel Rose rumored to be joining AC/DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

http://zap2it.com/2016/03/axl-rose-replace-acdc-frontman-brian-johnson/

It wasn’t quite The Day the Music Died, but when word leaked earlier this month that AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson had been ordered to “stop touring immediately” because of severe hearing loss, metal heads everywhere began mourning the imminent death of one of rock’s greatest bands.

Now, those same metal heads can lift their heads back up — and then lower them, and raise them, and keep repeating in a head-banging motion — because according to Ultimate Guitar, the band will continue touring with a new lead singer. Oh yeah, that singer just happens to be the frontman for another great rock band of metal’s late-’80s/early-’90s heyday … W. Axl Rose.

This is what I’m being told,” Atlanta DJ Jason Bailey revealed on his radio show after Rose was spotted in the city. “Axl was meeting with the AC/DC group, because it’s all but a done deal that Axl will front AC/DC for the 10 remaining shows. All 10, including Atlanta.”

With Johnson permanently sidelined, it sounds like 10 lucky cities may soon see AC/DC on tour with Axl Rose belting out such classics as “Thunderstruck” and “Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.” Sure enough, the AC/DC website would seem to back it up, with a statement that says “AC/DC are forced to reschedule the 10 upcoming dates on the U.S. leg of their ‘Rock or Bust’ World Tour,” and that shows in such cities as Cleveland, New York and Philadelphia “will be made up later in the year, likely with a guest vocalist.”

According to Bailey, founding member and schoolboy-suit enthusiast Angus Young is in a business-first mindset that contrasts with the anything-goes rock aesthetic. “From what I was told, this was all kind of new inside information to me, Angus is a very black-and-white guy,” the DJ says. “He’s like, Brian, for health reasons, can’t continue fronting the band.”

Dalek

Will they play all their hit?

tumblr_lps9wjlHMR1qacm62.gif

jetsetrez

They better make the contract say that Axel will not get paid a dime until after every show is played to completion without incident.

RdN

Well, he used to have to voice for it.

Don't know personally, but I've heard that his voice has been terrible as of lately, nor being able to go as high pitches as it once was.

Anyone know if it's true?

Well, he used to have to voice for it.

Don't know personally, but I've heard that his voice has been terrible as of lately, nor being able to go as high pitches as it once was.

Anyone know if it's true?
Seems to happen to all the vocalists with a similar style.
See:Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson
So that strikes me as pretty likely.

Arkeband

Banned
Axl Rose is the world's best bouncer/frontman.

If you're a hooligan in the audience - or sometimes just minding your own business - Axl Rose will stop any song on a dime and hold up the concert until you're ejected.

Metalmarc

You know who's voice sounds gravely and high enough from their recent single?? That singer from reef, Gary stringer, I wouldn't have said it judging by their old stuff, but this on thus new one he deffo has the Johnson thing going for him a bit

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I feel like I'm missing out on the outrage, can someone fill me in so I can be pissed too?

The "Will they play all their hit?" comment is what I'm asking about.

Tenebrous

I feel like I'm missing out on the outrage, can someone fill me in so I can be pissed too?

He's saying that one of the two bands had one hit... Honestly, I don't know which band. Both bands have some pretty massive songs, but I guess he's referring to GnR & Sweet Child o' Mine.

Ray Wonder

He's saying that one of the two bands had one hit... Honestly, I don't know which band. Both bands have some pretty massive songs, but I guess he's referring to GnR & Sweet Child o' Mine.

Oh, ok. lol I saw that, but thought it couldn't possibly be what he meant. So I felt the need to ask.

I was shocked they carried on after Malcolm, and really can't believe they'd still carry on now. Also pretty shitty if what Jim Breuer said about the situation is true, which there isn't really any reason to not believe him.

norm9

I think he's saying all their hits sound the same, which is a criticism even AC/DC has acknowledged in the past and agree with because they've said they specifically don't change their songwriting formula because it churns out hits.

Edit- beaten.

Ray Wonder

This isn't a Queen thread.

How could one possibly think this?

I think he's saying all their hits sound the same, which is a criticism even AC/DC has acknowledged in the past and agree with because they've said they specifically don't change their songwriting formula because it churns out hits.

Edit- beaten.

This makes more sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom