• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axl Rose Joining AC/DC Is Reportedly ‘All But A Done Deal’

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
http://www.alternativenation.net/axl-rose-ac-dc-all-but-done-deal/

Atlanta Radio 100.5 DJ Jason Bailey reported yesterday on his show, as transcribed by Alternative Nation, that a ‘very very good source’ is telling him that Axl Rose will indeed be joining AC/DC to front the band for the remainder of their tour. Alternative Nation first reported rumors of Rose touring with AC/DC on Monday.
AC/DC released the following statement earlier this month: “AC/DC are postponing the remaining dates of their U.S. tour because of lead singer Brian Johnson’s possible hearing loss. The band says in a statement that doctors have advised the ‘Back in Black’ singer to stop touring immediately or risk total hearing loss. The group’s shows beginning Thursday in Atlanta through April 4 in New York are being rescheduled for later in the year — likely with a guest vocalist. The group’s lone stop in Florida would have been Friday at the BB&T Center in Fort Lauderdale. AC/DC opened the most recent U.S. leg of its ‘Rock or Bust’ tour Feb. 2 in Tacoma, Washington.”

What could possibly go wrong?

791bf0beb1a6aae49c4d8a650b4c5f951382c7c9b3cfb643a84921182ff30bf6.jpg

hughesta

Banned
I read the title, thought "yeah they have those shows coming up, how was this not done already?", scrolled past, then did the biggest double take of my life.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So they ditched Brian Johnson , without so much as a by-your-leave according to him, for Axl Rose?

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
This would be one of the worst things ever.

NYR

I hate that people bring up his weight. He is a 54 year old man, almost no 54 year old man is going to look like their 20 year old self.

gamz

Ummm.....

Not surprised about Johnson's hearing loss. I saw them years ago and to this day it was the loudest concert I've ever heard. It was unhealthy loud! I couldn't hear shit for two days.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
cmon OP

non-clickbait title
Axl Rose Joining AC/DC (As a Guest Tour Vocalist) Is Reportedly ‘All But A Done Deal’

Welcome to the Bung Hole.

Kidding, kinda. Axl is a train wreck, but I'm really interested to hear him take on Bon Scott. Could be cool or WTF, but should be entertaining either way.

Kaladin

So is it confirmed that AC/DC will be playing most of their shows instrumental, while Axl only shows up for the encore?

PillarEN

I know there are some vids that show the shittiest of the shit during the nuGuns era but Axl doesn't sound bad at all. Check out something like the compilation of Nightrain that goes all the way from the 80s to the 2010s. Yeah it ain't Chrlie Manson t shirt wearing, riot starting, king of the world Axl but it's still good.

Axl needs to go back and work on finishing the next two Chinese Democracy records. He got conned into living in the past and that is shitty.

PillarEN

Axl needs to go back and work on finishing the next two Chinese Democracy records. He got conned into living in the past and that is shitty.

I don't have much faith either way without Izzy lending his songwriting ability. Still would have been cool if he joined the reunion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom