• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Carson |OT| America’s first real black president

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't doubt that he's lying through his teeth, but why the hell would a presidential candidate lie about trying to stab someone in the first place? Even if it was true, wouldn't you wanna hide that shit as much as possible?
He's lying through his teeth.

- Lied about his involvement with Mannatech, a voodoo herbalist company mired in lawsuits

- Lied about the gunman encounter at popeyes. Journalists contacted popeyes and they couldn't find any such recorded instance at their store.

- Lied about his violent past. CNN couldn't find a single person from his neighborhood or his school that corroborated his story.

You know what I think? And I've been saying it for months, that Carson is the most dangerous candidate in GOP. He makes up these stories as a way of compensating to his largely uneventful life. He believes these things happened, but he made them up. Something seriously wrong with him.

You know what I think? And I've been saying it for months, that Carson is the most dangerous candidate in GOP. He makes up these stories as a way of compensating to his largely uneventful life. He believes these things happened, but he made them up. Something seriously wrong with him.

Agreed. He's the only candidate I think is willing to drop a nuke because he thinks he's the chosen one to bring the end of days or something like that. That's not a worry I have about Trump or Cruz.

Has the Seventh Day Adventist Church made any comment or endorsement of him yet?

SDA here. The General Conference has specifically stated official neutrality, which I am very much for. There are still WAY too many adventists hyped by Carson as President though.

- Lied about his involvement with Mannatech, a voodoo herbalist company mired in lawsuits

- Lied about the gunman encounter at popeyes. Journalists contacted popeyes and they couldn't find any such recorded instance at their store.

- Lied about his violent past. CNN couldn't find a single person from his neighborhood or his school that corroborated his story.

I think Benjamin Carson is a sociopath. I'm struggling of late to try to understand if what he's saying is to pander to his extreme religious right base or because he actually believes them, or more horrifyingly; both.

I'm curious where this comes from. Is this a story he is using to promote his character as a part of his campaign? Besides being a freaking weird story, to me it reads as him stating directly that he is unable to make timely or difficult choices (being 'softhearted') preferring to ignore problems.
How on earth is that a good quality in such a job?

If it is an out of context quote then, well, it's still weird as hell.

President Carson, ISIS has taken over Baghdad! What do we do?
Umm... I'm going to go hide in this closet and pray.
But sir...
Nope, praying.
*wakes up the next morning*
Sir, Iraq no longer exists.
NAILED IT!

giphy.gif

I try to give conservatives the benefit of the doubt because I know that most of them aren't bad people, but how can you have a legit psychopath leading your party's bid for the Presidency? It defies reason.

Why am I not surprised he's one of the front runners?

The Republican party is in absolute shambles if the honestly think this guy and Trump are the best they've got. I honestly have no idea how any of the more level-headed conservatives haven't had a mental breakdown over all of these crazies running the whole party.

Revolver

As this been posted? Ben Carson seems to have at least some emotions...

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/ben-carson-gets-angry-and-combative-in-interview-with-cnns-new-day/

I caught that interview this morning and it was amazing. Ask him about something he actually said and he goes off on the whole liberal media out to get me spiel. Then he moans about how the media didn't go after Obama when he ran the way they're after him was just some next level persecution crap.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I can wait until Trump unmasks him during the next debate and it turns out he was Sarah Palin in disguise the entire time.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I think Benjamin Carson is a sociopath. I'm struggling of late to try to understand if what he's saying is to pander to his extreme religious right base or because he actually believes them, or more horrifyingly; both.
I'm sure he is a sociopath. The way he said "I wouldn't have let them shoot me" and then chuckled so creepily after, does not indicate someone with a shred of empathy.

RustyNails said:

Let me add another one that just came out:

- Lied about his admission into military school

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/ben-carson-west-point-215598

Kusagari

Carson could have remained a highly respected surgeon and conservative icon on the speaking trail, perpetuating his lies while nobody cares enough to look into them.

Instead he got delusions of grandeur and will lose it all.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Ben Carson had a distinguished career in medicine and became an evangelical at some point. That's really all there is to him and it shows. There's nothing wrong with that (live and let live) but I have seen literally zero evidence that he is qualified to do anything outside either of those circles. I mean, if Shaq decided to run for President, I can say the dude is grossly unqualified but he did work as a sort of cop for a while doing a bunch of stuff.

Wait I'm confused. Ben Carson says in his memoire that he was offered a scholarship into westpoint. But he refused, in order to pursue a medical career. Isn't that consistent with Politico's findings, that he never went to westpoint? If the point of contention is that Gen Westmoreland offered him a scholarship and he turned it down, then he might get away with it. Because Westmoreland is dead and no one can corroborate his story. He might as well say Westmoreland showed him a dick pic.

PBY

Banned
Wait I'm confused. Ben Carson says in his memoire that he was offered a scholarship into westpoint. But he refused, in order to pursue a medical career. Isn't that consistent with Politico's findings, that he never went to westpoint? If the point of contention is that Gen Westmoreland offered him a scholarship and he turned it down, then he might get away with it. Because Westmoreland is dead and no one can corroborate his story. He might as well say Westmoreland showed him a dick pic.

He was never offered a scholarship, and his campaign admitted to lying.

West Point keeps records of this kind of stuff. And as PBY pointed out, it doesn't really matter since his campaign already admitted it was a lie.

Iksenpets

Banned

They're saying there was no record of an application to West Point, which would have been required for them to have ever offered him a scholarship. I think he can pretty easily spin it as "Westmoreland told me if I enlisted and applied to West Point, I was pretty much guaranteed a full ride, and I erroneously called that an official scholarship in my book" and his supporters will buy it. It's going to take something pretty big to convince them that this isn't just the liberal media out to get their guy.

OuterLimits

I don't see how Carson recovers from this. As you may know, I vote Republican the majority of the time, but if he is lying about this, it proves a pattern and makes it extremely likely he fabricated his violent past as well.

Plus his story on that changed yesterday. For a long time he claimed he tried to stab a friend, but last night told Megyn Kelly it was a close relative. A big part of his appeal, especially to evangelicals is his redemption story. It appears he may have been lying to sell a better story.

Plus you have his ridiculous comments on pyramids and stuff. Guy sounds unhinged.

I imagine some voters will dig in and continue to support him. I think his campaign is essentially over now though.

They're saying there was no record of an application to West Point, which would have been required for them to have ever offered him a scholarship. I think he can pretty easily spin it as "Westmoreland told me if I enlisted and applied to West Point, I was pretty much guaranteed a full ride, and I erroneously called that an official scholarship in my book" and his supporters will buy it. It's going to take something pretty big to convince them that this isn't just the liberal media out to get their guy.
Thanks gents. This is exactly what I was trying to get at. He's gonna play this angle, and if the media questions this strategy he's gonna come back with "Are you calling Gen. Westmoreland a liar? Shame on you! See America? Librul anti-American media. I warned you guys, didn't I?"

Since when is Politico part of the liberal media? He could play it as the pro-establishment media out to get him (like Trump), but he doesn't seem smart enough to do that considering his campaign was open enough to admit the lie to them in the first place.

Edit: Probably not a good argument now that I think about it. I mean CNBC is part of the liberal media all of a sudden too.

Alavard

I don't know what's more scary, him or Trump as potential president.

Carson, by far.

Trump is playing the crowds and media for ratings and recognition. Say outrageous things, get people to talk about you, and ride the train. He doesn't believe most of what he says. He's probably having one of the most fun years of his life.

Carson clearly believes each and every word he utters.

Plus his story on that changed yesterday. For a long time he claimed he tried to stab a friend, but last night told Megyn Kelly it was a close relative. A big part of his appeal, especially to evangelicals is his redemption story. It appears he may have been lying to sell a better story.

This did make for a headline u never would have predicted I'd read about a presidential candidate.

Ben Carson Defends Himself Against Allegations That He Never Attempted to Murder a Child

I don't think conservatives at large will ever truly turn on him. The "it's the damn dirty libruls and their librul media machine!" angle works too damn well. He'll just get over-shadowed by someone with some semblance of actually policies manages to get some attention, and he'll quietly fizzle out, like Cain and others before him.

Hollycat

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ben-carson-transgender-bathrooms_563baba5e4b0b24aee4958cb
http://www.people.com/article/ben-carson-separate-bathrooms-transgender-people

Carson wants Seperate bathrooms for Transgender people because they make him uncomfortable.

And once again with Extra rights...
"It's one of the things that I don't particularly like about the [LGBT] movement," added the former neurosurgeon. "I think everybody has equal rights, but I'm not sure that anybody should have extra rights – extra rights when it comes to redefining everything for everybody else and imposing your view on everybody else."

How about just equal rights Ben?

So he tried to beat his mom with a hammer because she got him the wrong pants and also tried to stab his friend after he changed the radio. If he got elected he would probably nuke a country for giving him bad food or something.

I remember reading all these stories many months ago that the republican party was brainstorming how to appear less radical and crazy so that they had a chance at the presidency

then trump
and this lunatic
and carly who keeps spitting the same lie about harvesting a babys brain

that worked out well for them

Seems the rabbit hole goes even deeper, per the WSJ.

https://t.co/IFnaxc0VbL

The day after Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was killed in 1968, Ben Carson’s black classmates unleashed their anger and grief on white students who were a minority at Detroit’s Southwestern High.

Mr. Carson, then a junior with a key to a biology lab where he worked part time, told The Wall Street Journal last month that he protected a few white students from the attacks by hiding them there.

It is a dramatic account of courage and kindness, and it couldn’t be confirmed in interviews with a half-dozen of Mr. Carson’s classmates and his high school physics teacher. The students all remembered the riot. None recalled hearing about white students hiding in the biology lab, and Mr. Carson couldn’t remember any names of those he sheltered.

OuterLimits

I would vote for Hillary over Carson, and I rarely vote Democrat. Guy can't be trusted on foreign policy, or anything for that matter. He seems unstable.

Unfortunately evangelicals will rush to his defense. Maybe they think he will bring about the apocalypse and that would be great in their mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom