• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bad Company 2: Vietnam PC gameplay footage [More Post 62]

1-D_FTW

Well that account was useless. But the good news is I got my old, old username back. It's the same as my Steam account now. Used it for BF 1942, Vietnam, BF2, but somewhere along the line lost rights to it. Guess it went back into public domain and I was able to reclaim it with my new account.

1-D_FTW

Grr. It is Punkbuster that was causing me issues before. Soon as I installed BC 2 and played (and reinstalled that Malware crap), I come out of sleep, and the computer hard locks. DVD drive has running (nothing in). Who knows what the hell it was trying to do.

Had this problem when I played the MoH beta. Nailed it down to either my Razer mouse drivers (which worked perfect till then), the Firefox beta, or Punkbuster. Thought it was Punkbuster But I forgot about it. And it's been months of smooth sailing. Till now. It's back. If there's not a way to disable that crap and not have it load at startup, that's 20 bucks down the drain.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The Faceless Master said:
or maybe the console makers will finally raise the bar on those caps...
Console makers would also have to make the consoles significantly more powerful to handle 64 players with maps the proper size to accommodate that number + destruction and jets.

But the reality is PC most likely won't get much special treatment.

1-D_FTW

Went into services.msc - properties - log on - checked "Allow services to interact with desktop". I really hope that puts an end to this issue.

Stallion Free said:
Console makers would also have to make the consoles significantly more powerful to handle 64 players with maps the proper size to accommodate that number + destruction and jets.

I hope that you are wrong, because I have faith in DICE. If they shatter this hope completely, then they will be dead to me.

Massa

Frostbite 2 will probably be more optimized compared to FB1 so they could fit more information within the current limits.

Stallion Free said:

You don't think think just "zone" (16 players, 32, 64) out the maps, like BF2?

AkuMifune

Banned
Been playing a ton of BC2 all week. Can't wait for this expansion.

6a01053647073b970c01127901c7e828a4-320wi

And our generation goes back to Vietnam to fuck shit up virtually. What a weird world.

Gowans007 said:
Is there a Vietnam OT? If not, why not?

I can't wait! Points ready!
Only this Vietnam Pre-release Media Thread so far... which was created from Evilore branching off the first post of Vietnam Media posted in this thread, and making it it's own thread.

I expected Fersis to sort of port the BC2 Thread design into Vietnam OT,but I guess it's not really necessary since it's just an expansion and we're all posting/gathered in the BC2 thread already...?

xclaw

ugh.... I figured it would be out later today on PSN. Still gotta slug out another 5 hours here at work. At least it might be live when I get home. Can't frikkin wait.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Cuban Legend said:
Only this Vietnam Pre-release Media Thread so far... which was created from Evilore branching off the first post of Vietnam Media posted in this thread, and making it it's own thread.

I expected Fersis to sort of port the BC2 Thread design into Vietnam OT,but I guess it's not really necessary since it's just an expansion and we're all posting/gathered in the BC2 thread already...?
I asked a couple of times if you guys wanted a new thread for Vietnam....

I could make one ASAP

AkuMifune

Banned
Yeah it's up. Weirdly small download, but guess they only needed it for the new menu option.

Played a quick game and flamed a poor shmuck. Will have more time later.

But rank didn't reset? I thought we were all supposed to be back down to 1?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gowans007 said:
Do it, expansion is awesome!
Give me 20'.

It should be posted in the Online board right ?

Gowans

Fersis said:
Give me 20'.

It should be posted in the Online board right ?
Nah it's new do it here and after a few weeks a mod will move it.

More eyeballs here.

If they ever make OT thread mandatoryly only for the community area then it some get more people to visit it.

xclaw said:
ugh.... I figured it would be out later today on PSN. Still gotta slug out another 5 hours here at work. At least it might be live when I get home. Can't frikkin wait.

pretty much. I was really hoping for an earlier than usual release.

Fersis

Gowans007 said:
Nah it's new do it here and after a few weeks a mod will move it.

More eyeballs here.

If they ever make OT thread mandatoryly only for the community area then it some get more people to visit it.
Ok. Its going to be really simple.

Here it is

Top Bottom