• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Balatro has sold 1 million copies across all platforms in less than a month after release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see indies selling well, it's clear that gamers are getting tired of soulless AAAA games that take 9 years to make.

Last edited:

Neon Xenon

Real happy for Balatro. I had a good feeling it was going to be a hit when I played the Steam Next Fest demo, but I didn't expect it to hit 1 Million in sales across all platforms in under 1 month.

It's good to see a good game being successful.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
$15 US game. Minus off e-store cuts and you're left with $10.

$10 x 1M copies = $10M net revenue. Unknown how much it cost to make, but cant be that big. No doubt it's a big success profit wise.

This game is surely more profitable than a lot of high budget bombs the past years.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Well deserved. The game is excellent and supremely polished and balanced. I’m curious how much staying power it has, but I’m certainly not sick of it yet.

Portugeezer

I've been only playing with the 2 color deck for the simplicity but even then I am stuck. I feel there is a lot of luck involved into what Jokers you get each run :/
Early on I tried playing like poker and getting good jokers, but that's hit or miss. My best run was a economy strategy, so I'm leaning towards earning cash to buy more buffs/jokers.

$15 US game. Minus off e-store cuts and you're left with $10.

$10 x 1M copies = $10M net revenue. Unknown how much it cost to make, but cant be that big. No doubt it's a big success profit wise.

This game is surely more profitable than a lot of high budget bombs the past years.
I remember when the game first launched, they announced when they hit 250k. They seemed to be pretty excited by that number. Gotta imagine they are beyond thrilled with this. Think it's a game that can have legs too. Good word of mouth plus it being cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom