• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 director meant to announce the Xbox version at The Game Awards, but completely forgot

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
sales is too low for him to remember lol

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

calistan

I have it downloading, so gamepass or not I was gonna get this. Yeah it would have been nice if it came out months ago but who really cares? I was playing forza, and Armoured core along with cocoon and recently like a dragon gaiden ( Daytona USA 2…. Oh how I missed you!)

Worse thing is….. I might still put the play through on this on hold till after I start my cyberpunk play through for the first time. Too many good games on my account, and hard drives.
Can you check if it has keyboard/mouse support on Xbox? I’m curious about that.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
damnit... my mind is torn on this game. I dont like turn based, but i do love a good story , hence why i struggled through Like A Dragon but still enjoyed the story... ahhhhh...

eNT1TY

If a whole continent can forget about the Xbox we can't really blame a single man for doing so...

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
This thread almost immediately takes such a weird turn over something so trivial.

ArE yOu iMpLyInG XbOx Is NoT fUn?

Man shut the fuck up.
It's what happens when Xbox fanboys listen to shills like TimDog, ColtEastwood. They create this hype that xbox is going to buy another studio, get a big exclusive on Gamepass and it never happens.

microsoft would win huge brownie points with me (like they care what I think! LOL) if they denounced those shills.

RickMasters

Can you check if it has keyboard/mouse support on Xbox? I’m curious about that.
I’ll check in the options menu when I take a look at it later in the evening. Not gonna start playing this game right now but I deffobwil be taking a proper lol at it later this evening. But who knows maybe I’ll put cyberpunk on hold, and play this first. Will see how I feel about it this evening.

I just hate this entitled notion that MS should moneyhat everything and be devalued by having it on Gamepass.

For the record, you, yourself weren’t saying this.

It's all I see on FB now when I got to Xbox pages and it's some game coming out. Constant comments about how it should come to GP, they'll wait for GP, or they wont touch it unless it comes to GP. If the game fails, oh well it should have come to GP.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It's all I see on FB now when I got to Xbox pages and it's some game coming out. Constant comments about how it should come to GP, they'll wait for GP, or they wont touch it unless it comes to GP. If the game fails, oh well it should have come to GP.
Contrary to how it may seem, I do believe there is a place for Gamepass. I really do, but Day 1 AAA is detrimental to the industry in the long term. I can respect a smaller game ending up on there where the studio likely takes a large term upfront to cover costs. Gamepass, MS has even admitted this, has cannibalized game sales. By all means, after a year put BG3 on Gamepass.

But this idea that a studio like Larian should devalue their game is absurd.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Honestly it would be really weird to serve as a proxy for Microsoft or any other first party in the biggest moment of your career, so to speak. The game winning the award and game being announced through a press release makes sense, dividing the stage with Xbox would just look weird.

MacReady13

Is this launching on Xbox's other platform- Game Pass? Cause if it isn't, i'm not playing it. I want it for free! /s

Seriously though, they know they won't get many sales from this being on Xbox consoles so who cares if he mentioned it or not...?

Solidus_T

He was essentially rushed off the stage by the organizers with "Please wrap it up," but it's still kind of funny.
Surprised Microsoft didn't get it on gamepass after the delay. I thought they would.
Nah there's no way they would put this game on a subscription rental service this soon. Maybe after 5 years or so.

RickMasters

It'll cost MS over $100 million to get it on gamepass at this point. NO WAY, MS would spend that amount on this game.
Who cares. From the reviews and Atleast my first 40 ish mins of it….. it’s worth spending your cash on it. Glad to have it in my collection.

To answer somebody else’s question here earlier to me….. I haven’t noticed any KB/M support but there’s always a work around on Xbox, with KB/M. The devs will probably patch that in for both consoles at some point but I think I’m ok to play this on controller. I’ve played similar styles of games on controller like warhammer so I’ll be ok to play through this entirely with the control pad. But for sure I can see why some would prefer keyboard and mouse. Seems like a game that’s normally suited to that style of control. But it seems to work pretty intuitively with a controller all the same.

I’ve also decided that…… I’m gonna play cyber punk first. It’s just more my thing. But I’m looking forward to tackling this game after cyber punk, for sure.

Atrus

Gold Member
If Microsoft had any intelligence among their executives they’d boost the game for free across its PC and XBOX mediums.

It’s literally THE Game of the Year that crushes awards that they didn’t even get earlier due to a Series S own goal.

calistan

To answer somebody else’s question here earlier to me….. I haven’t noticed any KB/M support but there’s always a work around on Xbox, with KB/M. The devs will probably patch that in for both consoles at some point but I think I’m ok to play this on controller. I’ve played similar styles of games on controller like warhammer so I’ll be ok to play through this entirely with the control pad. But for sure I can see why some would prefer keyboard and mouse. Seems like a game that’s normally suited to that style of control. But it seems to work pretty intuitively with a controller all the same.
Damn, that's a shame. The PC version completely changes the on-screen font, character control method, menus, etc, if you press a button on the controller, and switches back when you resume using a mouse, all during gameplay. I'd hoped that the Xbox one would do the same, since many Xbox games support mouse and keyboard as standard.

RickMasters

Damn, that's a shame. The PC version completely changes the on-screen font, character control method, menus, etc, if you press a button on the controller, and switches back when you resume using a mouse, all during gameplay. I'd hoped that the Xbox one would do the same, since many Xbox games support mouse and keyboard as standard.
Can probably work with one of those controller to KB/M dongles but I’d imagine there will be a patch soon for it. Xbox usually is good with KB/M support

reinking

Gold Member
I agree. It’s there moment. But they themselves planned to announce it. Would have been a great time to announce that yet even more players can play this amazing game on another platform it was long bound for anyway. I’m surprised you would see that as anything other than a positive.

Just saying.
Maybe he had something else on his mind besides marketing?

Just saying.

Barakov

Gold Member
Q2Dgh9UxNS85hUivr7mG8K-970-80.jpg.webp

Baldur's Gate 3's game director was meant to announce the Xbox version's release date last night at The Game Awards 2023, but he plum forgot.

Last night, Baldur's Gate 3 lead Swen Vincke was in Los Angeles to accept the Game of the Year award on behalf of all the developers at Larian. Apparently, Vincke was supposed to announce that the RPG was out on Xbox right then and there, as he was accepting the award, but by his own admission, he just plain forgot.

LOL

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Grateful that they didn’t. This game should be bought and paid for like every other game, not devalued by ending up on Gamepass.

Right.......so much different when its $50 in 6 months and $30 in a year. Game Pass doesn't "devalue" anything.

Chechack

While you sleep, I will be getting more games through gamepass. You can't stop all of them. Eventually we will come for a game you love, a game close to your heart, and we will play it at no additional cost. This I swear.
Can't wait to see you play victim again after people start pilling u up

Crayon

The game is a straight up cinderella story. If I were in their shoes, it would be very easy to pretend to forget to give 5 of my 30 seconds to microsoft.

calistan

Can probably work with one of those controller to KB/M dongles but I’d imagine there will be a patch soon for it. Xbox usually is good with KB/M support
It's a completely different interface, so I think it has to be built into the game rather than using a hack. With a mouse on PC it's a point and click game, which I think suits it best.

The PC version can switch between the two on the fly, I don't know why they didn't include that on Xbox when things like CoD and Halo include it as standard.

Top Bottom