• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldurs Gate 3 Patch 2 to introduce Character Epilogues and other major improvements

Blah Blah Blah Monday GIF by tot Ou tard
welcome.gif

Theres no turn of opinion.
This is not true, here's an example:

Remember, I said a very slow turn. It's not immediate because not everyone has finished this game yet. It's okay though, as you've said, the positive is currently outweighing the negative and it honestly won't matter soon anyway.

Guilty_AI

This is not true, here's an example:

Remember, I said a very slow turn. It's not immediate because not everyone has finished this game yet. It's okay though, as you've said, the positive is currently outweighing the negative and it honestly won't matter soon anyway.

🤷‍♂️

You can find negative thoughts on any big game. And honestly, on the video you posted, he wasn't even being negative.

Last edited:
on the video you posted, he wasn't even being negative.
That was my point. He wasn't trying to be negative, he was somewhat disappointed in the third act and wanted to make it very clear as to why so that others are made aware. I'm not trying to point out negativity and 'angry' reviewers as again, I'm not trying to say that this is a bad game. I am, again, just pointing out what I was witnessing recently. In the video I posted, he comes from a place of being as objective as possible in what he experienced. That's how an impression and a review should be made, regardless of how much anyone likes or dislikes a game.

I feel like people on GAF are so used to taking attack and defensive positions on topics that we tend to assume the worst, but again, I'm just showing what I've been witnessing.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
-My take is also that thankfully, this dev is a favored dev right now and that the first two portions of this game are beyond great, and people are much more forgiving towards this entire situation, because otherwise this would have been terrible backlash for not only Larian, but also the state of the industry
But aren't they a favored dev because of this game being so good. I feel like if you went back 6 months and asked people what they thought of Larian, the majority would be posting the starlord gif.

Guilty_AI

That was my point. He wasn't trying to be negative, he was somewhat disappointed in the third act and wanted to make it very clear as to why so that others are made aware. I'm not trying to point out negativity and 'angry' reviewers as again, I'm not trying to say that this is a bad game. I am, again, just pointing out what I was witnessing recently. In the video I posted, he comes from a place of being as objective as possible in what he experienced. That's how an impression and a review should be made, regardless of how much anyone likes or dislikes a game.

I feel like people on GAF are so used to taking attack and defensive positions on topics that we tend to assume the worst, but again, I'm just showing what I've been witnessing.
I don't know. "This is the best game i've ever played, except for this bit here which'll improve with a few updates" doesn't sound like a turn of opinion to me.

I think the real issue is people became so used to terrible big AAA games that, when they hear any degree of criticism in even the greatest of them, they immediately assume the worse and that all the praise is a ruse and that the game is the new Cyberpunk, becoming all cynical about it themselves.

Its just normal fair criticism, that every game inevitably has, this doesn't mean people are starting to hate on it or that its actually a disappointment.
And i should say reviewers did complete the game unlike what many here are trying to imply. In fact, even on release we had already heard that act 3 didn't feel as good as the previous 2 and had bugs, from one of the reviewers that received an early code.

Last edited:
I might have misunderstood, but all the critiques I've seen about Act 3 seem to be of the kind "Acts 1 and 2 were so excellent, Act 3 is 'good'" or something similar. I haven't seen anyone saying that Act 3 is dreadful and ruined their childhood.

Then, people who haven't played become suspicious and think that Act 3 is unplayable and disappointing, and that the game is the new Cyberpunk 2077, with fans incapable of acknowledging it (similar to Cyberpunk 2077 fans).

However, this is the perception of someone who has +40 hours and is still in Act 1. I probably have way more hours because I keep loading to try different strategies when everything goes wrong. This game is rich in possibilities!

So, what truly matters is that if you need the aproval of strangers from the internet to be happy, you'll just suffer, so let them think whatever they want.

Guilty_AI

I might have misunderstood, but all the critiques I've seen about Act 3 seem to be of the kind "Acts 1 and 2 were so excellent, Act 3 is 'good'" or something similar. I haven't seen anyone saying that Act 3 is dreadful and ruined their childhood.

Then, people who haven't played become suspicious and think that Act 3 is unplayable and disappointing, and that the game is the new Cyberpunk 2077, with fans incapable of acknowledging it (similar to Cyberpunk 2077 fans).

However, this is the perception of someone who has +40 hours and is still in Act 1. I probably have way more hours because I keep loading to try different strategies when everything goes wrong. This game is rich in possibilities!

So, what truly matters is that if you need the aproval of strangers from the internet to be happy, you'll just suffer, so let them think whatever they want.
The main point of criticism for act 3, bugs/performance aside, is that companions feel less involved compared to the rest of the game, with one particular companion having an unsatisfying end to its story. However, its still a huge RPG city with many stuff on it thats fun to play around in and explore.

Also, if you're playing dark urge, its actually a rather critical point in their story, to the point some began believing it to be the "canon" choice of character.

Last edited:
But aren't they a favored dev because of this game being so good? I feel like if you went back 6 months and asked people what they thought of Larian, the majority would be posting the starlord gif.
It’s hard to say. Divinity slowly growing in popularity, due to word of mouth and good reviews, was great for their growth and namesake as a company, but you’re probably right about the dev name ‘Larian’ itself not being that huge until recently.

Sleepwalker

I'm halfway through Act II with my single player game but I've put it on hold because tomorrow I'm starting a 3 player co-op run. This game and those dev are awesome.
Our 3 player coop session went to hell in under 6 hours. Wish you guys better luck lmao

Sleepwalker

"No. Greg, don't touch that idol Greg."
"There are traps ahead.... I SAID THERE ARE TRAPS AHEAD!"
"The quest said to speak with this WHY ARE YOU ATTACKING HIM!?"
pretty much every early quest giver is dead, astarion is dead, the baby owl bear is dead, the druid village is no more, our paladin broke his oath then attacked the oathbreaker knight, one person quit after 2 days and we're stuck with his character in the party (rerolled him into a healer).

i love it.

mxbison

Did anyone else here get to act 3 and pause their campaign? I was planning to finish the game before patch 1 until I learned it contained +1000 bugfixes.

Yeah I just reached Act 3 and really want to keep going but I'll wait for patch 2.

Bkdk

Think many would hope for expansion with upper city and avernus, also a more meaty storyline for your main character as the dark urge.

Macattk15

Good. The game really fucking falls off in Act 3 imo.

That said ... Act 3 was still really good, except the end ... that's pure garbage.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Welp I'm in Act 3 and now with this I'm not playing until this comes out. Just in time for Starfield. Winning.

Only reached Act 2 a week or so ago but am waiting for the next big patch before moving on. It’s one of the best games I’ve ever played but I’d rather play through the game knowing that most of the issues have been fixed.

Caio

GOTY becomes even more GOTY. I will be making more saves anyway
I will buy it for XSX, so all fixes, improvements and new features will be in. Actually, I only have the XSX, so I have no other choices. I honestly think these Devs are amazing, the effort behind this Game is outstanding.

Hudo

I plan on doing a second playthrough with a tempest cleric going full level 12 instead of multiclassing, some time after I have finished my first playthrough (I've just started Act 2). So I guess a "Definitive Edition" after a year or so is inevitable? Like they did with D:OS1 and 2?

Wildebeest

I will buy it for XSX, so all fixes, improvements and new features will be in. Actually, I only have the XSX, so I have no other choices. I honestly think these Devs are amazing, the effort behind this Game is outstanding.
I bet it still won't be a properly finished game by the time it gets released on Series consoles.

Oh boy, touched a bit of a nerve here apparently. So to all those defenders of the faith, quick question…was the game finished upon release or no? The leveled headed, and honest answer, would be similar to CohhCarnages—first act fantastic, second act great, last act subpar/unfinished/buggy. They’ve had years cooking this up in EA, and if it would have stayed there until finished, no qualms from me. But they pushed this out as 1.0, indicating it’s finished, when clearly it is not. Get your head out of your as* cause you sound ignorant, likely driven by the fact that most have not finished the game and are not aware of the flaws present in the third act.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i was planning to get this game day 1 on PS5, guess i'll wait, seems like Larian will be adding more content in the future.

Zathalus

Finally, as I've mentioned before Act 3 was disappointing. Not due to bugs or performance related reasons, but because quite a number of content was obviously cut. Especially noticable with a certain companion.

Loved the game, and I'll hop back in when a definitive edition is out.

Tomeru

Oh boy, touched a bit of a nerve here apparently. So to all those defenders of the faith, quick question…was the game finished upon release or no? The leveled headed, and honest answer, would be similar to CohhCarnages—first act fantastic, second act great, last act subpar/unfinished/buggy. They’ve had years cooking this up in EA, and if it would have stayed there until finished, no qualms from me. But they pushed this out as 1.0, indicating it’s finished, when clearly it is not. Get your head out of your as* cause you sound ignorant, likely driven by the fact that most have not finished the game and are not aware of the flaws present in the third act.
Just a couple of questions:

1. Does cut content invalidates existing content?
2. Did you play/finish the game?

The Cockatrice

Gold Member

streamer says thing, must be 100% valid. Are you an idiot by any chance? Also you said it was a scam/swindle. Also act 3 is not unfinished. Buggy? Sure. Subpar? That depends on each persons preference. K bye.

ClosBSAS

Looks at RTX 3060 Laptop... Fu**

Although I've been playing on 1080p 30fps and it isn't bothersome yet. I'm nervous lol.
ya but its a shitty ass laptop mine...i think the cpu bottlenecks it...85tdp for a 3070 imagine that. one of those asus tuf dash la[tops

KXVXII9X

ya but its a shitty ass laptop mine...i think the cpu bottlenecks it...85tdp for a 3070 imagine that. one of those asus tuf dash la[tops
Oh bummer. I have the 2021 Asus G14. I'm still not as knowledgeable about how to gauge CPU power. It is probably similar to yours.

Top Bottom