• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldurs Gate 3 recieves huge patch

Zathalus

I'll hop back into the game when they add back most of the ending content. It's obviously quite unfinished, especially with the resolution to some companions.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Democratic National Convention Dnc GIF by Election 2016

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
These are some amazing patch notes:

• During Gale's spell-teaching scene, you now have the option to picture a future with Gale that falls somewhere in between kissing him and kicking him in the head.

Guilty_AI

I'll complain as much as I want when some of endings to that 100 hour game are deeply unsatisfying. Especially when they cut hours of ending narration.
Do people really like those slide shows at the end of rpgs? I always fazed out whenever they came up

Zathalus

Do people really like those slide shows at the end of rpgs? I always fazed out whenever they came up
It's not just that, a number of quests and especially companion related ones don't end well. I'm not a fan of sinking 100 hours into something and then walking away with a bad resolution. Lots of your decisions throughout the game just feel like they had zero impact

The game is amazing, I just wish it ended well. They can take a page from Wrath of the Righteous, now that was how you handle endings and resolution.

Guilty_AI

It's not just that, a number of quests and especially companion related ones don't end well. I'm not a fan of sinking 100 hours into something and then walking away with a bad resolution. Lots of your decisions throughout the game just feel like they had zero impact

The game is amazing, I just wish it ended well. They can take a page from Wrath of the Righteous, now that was how you handle endings and resolution.
I often hear that game has terrible companions, is filled with pointlessly boring mechanics, tons upon tons of gamebreaking bugs as well as its own big list of cut content.

Sorry but i'd rather have a game that is amazing throughout and ends somewhat unsatisfactorly than one that has issues all the way through. Oh and lets not get started on them slicing their game with season passes and expansions.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

I'm in the middle of Act 3 and so far i only encountered 2 bugs and a glitch, nothing really annoying for a big RPG like this, as far as i know every complex RPG was known to have some bugs, its part of the DNA, its the price you pay for complex, dynamic and branching path systems.
The bugs & glitch are: Wyll exclamation mark in the camp (act2+) now gone. Romance in the circus scene had my companion go invisible (fixed by reloading my save), Dialogue choice in the Inn of Baldur's Gate Wyrm's crossing, where the dialogue was stock in one choice (fixed by reloading my save).
Now in this patch they will probably be gone for good, i didnt encounter any major bugs so far. Act 3 is more demanding because of crowd density i guess, but on the other hand the city feels very alive.

Masterpiece of RPG

Patrick S.

Banned
We can just talk about it in the OT
I like the game and I'm happy to read about news regarding the game, but I don't have the time to read 50 million posts in the OT until I may or may not see information about a new patch.

So yeah, threads like this are quite useful for me.

Top Bottom