• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baltimore Orioles VP John Angelos does not want Trump to throw out the first pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=956HmBjsyBY

The Baltimore Orioles' (MLB baseball team) team VP John Angelos (son of Peter, the team's majority owner) does not want President Trump to throw out the first pitch on opening day. Due to the team's proximity to DC, Baltimore is no stranger to having the president throw out the first pitch on opening day. Bush (in 1992 at the first ever regular season game at Oriole Park at Camden Yards) and Clinton have both done so. Despite the Nationals existing, the Orioles are apparently always an option.

During an appearance on Baltimore sports podcast B-more Opinionated (hosted by Baltimore natives and sports reporters (CBS Radio's) Jerry Coleman and (CBS Sports') Jason La Canfora), John Angelos said he would be open to Trump (who he refused to refer to by name) to throw out first pitch, but only if he apologized for all the negative things he said to people or groups. However, he said ultimately it's up to team ownership as to if he is invited or not (which is awkward, as his father, as noted above, is majority owner). Would you be okay with the president throwing out opening day first pitch at your team (if you follow MLB)?

Here is a link to the podcast episode: https://bmoshow.com/

No, I would not be OK with it and I doubt he would get a good reception here in DC at Nats Park. Fuck Donald Trump and everyone who supports him.

zma1013

So how would Donnie's ego handle it if the pitch was terrible? Like if he threw it and it wasn't anywhere near the plate? Fake baseball?

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Would he use a regulation ball or a smaller one so it fits in his hands

xT77XWum9yH7zNkFW0.gif

I think it's really interesting that John Angelos refuses to refer to Trump by name. It's almost like how most people treat Voldemort in the Harry Potter series. "You Know Who". "He Who Must Not Be Named".

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Let him throw... he probably can't. Would love for Spicer to have to stand before hand-picked media outlets and say that a ball that flopped flaccidly on the ground ten feet from the mound "was the greastest opening pitch ever thrown by a President ever -- it was a strike. Period."

MrDenny

Let him pitch and fail miserably.
Next day he will complain he couldn't concentrate because all the paid protestors booing him.

Let him throw... he probably can't. Would love for Spicer to have to stand before hand-picked media outlets and say that a ball that flopped flaccidly on the ground ten feet from the mound "was the greastest opening pitch ever thrown by a President ever -- it was a strike. Period."

You know he would say that the he filled the stadium with people.

"It was beautiful. There were thousands and thousands of people that showed up. It was really beautiful. They love me in Baltimore. They really love me there. It was truly beautiful. It was probably the biggest crowd that stadium has ever seen. Thousands of people. They had to turn people away at the door. It was a beautiful thing.."

Let him pitch and fail miserably.
Next day he will complain he couldn't concentrate because all the paid protestors booing him.

Somehow that reminded me of during the protests in 2015 (in the wake of Freddie Gray's death), which required the Orioles to play the Chicago White Sox in an empty ballpark (only a handful of scouts were in the seats).

Oh god Trump throwing the first pitch would be amazing. If anyone dared mock his throw it'd be all over the news for a week.

devilhawk

If Trump cared at all he could just leak an EO talking about the MLB antitrust exemption.

The speed at which MLB and its owners would backtrack couldn't be measured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom