• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco teases Jiren for DB: FighterZ and a new Dragon Ball action RPG

Fbh

DB-Game-Project-Z_01-16-19.jpg

A Dragon Ball action RPG code-named Dragon Ball Game Project Z is currently in development, Bandai Namco has announced.

Additionally, the company teased that “The Warrior from Universe 11 is joining the fight” in Dragon Ball FighterZ, suggesting Jiren will be announced as a downloadable content character.

The March 2019 issue of V-Jump due out on January 21, as well as the Dragon Ball FighterZ World Tour Finals on January 26 and 27, will have more information

source

The RPG could be fun. They've mostly put those on handhelds but with the Switch being the current big one they might want to increase production values. An HD game inspired by something like legacy of goku could be really fun

kunonabi

God I hate the DLC picks for fighterZ. I wont be shocked if we end up with jiren, ultra instinct Goku, new movie Broly, and the latest Vegeta form in season 2.

Dunki

A new Dragonbal RPGl on consoles would be fucking awesome. I just wish it would be just like the old ones with cards^^

Javthusiast

Banned
Action rpg could be an awesome sprawling open world rpg or just another fighter with some rpg mechanics, which nowadays every game pretty much has, lmao. Considering Bandais World Seeker game unfortunately isn't the rpg I was hoping it would be, but another seemingly budget one piece game, and I freaking love one piece, I don't have high hopes for this new dbz game.

I want it to surprise me though.^^

Dunki

Yeah Jiren and Ultra instinct Goku have t be in this season. It was already stupid not to include Ultra Instinct and Jiren in the first one since it was really popular at the time.

Codes 208

So yeah, Jiren was confirmed this morning. I can’t post a link because the article had scans from the V jump magazine (and scans are bannable iirc.)

But suffice to say the image was of Goku SSJB vs Jiren.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I wish we gat some games from other shonen series like Hunter X Hunter instead of just DBZ, One Piece or Naruto.

iconmaster

Banned
A lot of the Dragon Ball characters look the same to me (Goku and Yamcha? Come on) so as cool as the game is I'm happy to see any character that's not wearing a gi.

SaberVulcan

seems like they don't like female fighters
*snip*
  • Android 18 is in the game
  • Kale and Caulifla will most likely be added, either separate or as Kefla
  • Ribrianne has a shot
  • Rest of your characters shown have almost a 0% of being added
  • Videl might have a shot
It's not about sexism, the DB universe does not have a huge amount of female fighters available - Hence Android 21.

hecatomb

Banned
  • Android 18 is in the game
  • Kale and Caulifla will most likely be added, either separate or as Kefla
  • Ribrianne has a shot
  • Rest of your characters shown have almost a 0% of being added
  • Videl might have a shot
It's not about sexism, the DB universe does not have a huge amount of female fighters available - Hence Android 21.
I never said anything about sexism, they have only had 2 females in the game for a while now

kiphalfton

If it's Legacy of Goku II and Buu's Fury quality, yes please. Such a good way to experience the story. Too bad Legacy of Goku sorta sucked.

I was a bit disappointed in the DS DB Origins, as it didn't have the same charm as the aforementioned GBA games. Close, but still fell short.

If it has that isometric top-doen look, I'll get it. No side scrollers please.

pramod

Banned
Jiren is so goddamn boring in the anime and feels like he would be a boring character, I would rather have Toppo or even Dyspo.

Codes 208

I never said anything about sexism, they have only had 2 females in the game for a while now
The game was designed as straight up fan service to the franchise. It’s not arcsys’ fault that the cast is dominated by male characters, otherwise I’m certain they’d be happy to add female characters, there’s a healthy mix of both geners in their other fighting games.

As for your list almost every single one of them virtually no relevance or any type of hype with the fan base (minus 18 who is in the game) except possibly Kerala who has the highest chance of them to be added.

So even for example they took the movies in account, it’d be Bojack himself, not Zangya. (Regardless of how hot she is)

hecatomb

Banned
The game was designed as straight up fan service to the franchise. It’s not arcsys’ fault that the cast is dominated by male characters, otherwise I’m certain they’d be happy to add female characters, there’s a healthy mix of both geners in their other fighting games.

As for your list almost every single one of them virtually no relevance or any type of hype with the fan base (minus 18 who is in the game) except possibly Kerala who has the highest chance of them to be added.

So even for example they took the movies in account, it’d be Bojack himself, not Zangya. (Regardless of how hot she is)
you think they would add more then only 2 females, instead of adding like 3 or 4 gokus and vegetas

Last edited:

Codes 208

you think they would add more then only 2 females, instead of adding like 3 or 4 gokus and vegetas
If said female isn’t Kefla or Videl than no, not really. If not several gokus it likely would be other fan favorites like Janemba, Pikkon, Gogeta, Super Buu, Android 13, King Piccolo, Roshi, Mr. Satan, Mercenary Tao or Tapion.

hecatomb

Banned
If said female isn’t Kefla or Videl than no, not really. If not several gokus it likely would be other fan favorites like Janemba, Pikkon, Gogeta, Super Buu, Android 13, King Piccolo, Roshi, Mr. Satan, Mercenary Tao or Tapion.
I think its pretty unnecessary to have like 3 or 4 of the same character

Codes 208

I think its pretty unnecessary to have like 3 or 4 of the same character
I do too, but my point is they’re not going to add women just because

There’s a long list of characters people want to see in FighterZ and besides for the names I’ve already given, pretty much none of them are female. And you can blame toriyama for that. He was never good at creating a good role for females and it wasn’t until friggin’ super that we got to see our first super saiyan girl after several decades of syndications.

Last edited:

hecatomb

Banned
I do too, but my point is they’re not going to add women just because

There’s a long list of characters people want to see in FighterZ and besides for the names I’ve already given, pretty much none of them are female. And you can blame toriyama for that. He was never good at creating a good role for females and it wasn’t until friggin’ super that we got to see our first super saiyan girl after several decades of syndications.
cool story

Top Bottom