• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco's Klonoa Games Have Animated Film in Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...mes-have-animated-film-in-development/.108202

Entertainment industry news magazine Variety reported on Thursday that an animated film adaptation of Bandai Namco Entertainment's Klonoa video game series is in development. United States-based production company Henshin is working on the film, which was announced at TIFFCOM. Henshin founder Rob Pereyda is the producer, while Hitoshi Ariga (Mega Man Megamix, Mega Man Gigamix, Big O manga, Pokémon illustrations) is penning the script, co-producing, and designing the characters.

The film will have an original story set in the same universe as the original game.

Pereyda was previously the producer and editor-in-chief of ShiftyLook, a subsidiary of Bandai Namco Entertainment (then known as Namco Bandai Games) that focused on web comics, cartoons, and games based on classic Namco franchises.

Battlechili

Banned
This is amazing news! Klonoa is so cute and would translate amazingly to a movie! At the very least, it would result in some very pretty visuals and be a very cute tale. I can't wait to see this!

Although I really hope it turns out to be 2D. A Klonoa film in CGI would really suck the joy out of watching it for me.

This is an odd choice. I love the first game, but weird that they chose to make a film out of this franchise when there hasn't been a new game in over a decade.

This is amazing news! Klonoa is so cute and would translate amazingly to a movie! At the very least, it would result in some very pretty visuals and be a very cute tale. I can't wait to see this!

Although I really hope it turns out to be 2D. A Klonoa film in CGI would really suck the joy out of watching it for me.

image.php

Tizoc

Kids dont need to know its based on old franchise; it being an animatd movie is enough
Hopefully it wont be overdamatic >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom