• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banjo Kazooie Spiritual successor revealed on this month's EDGE

Shin-Ra

I like what I'm seeing except for "using the Unity engine."

I was hoping they'd carry over their in-house technical expertise from Rare and my experiences playing Unity games hasn't been that great.

Crub

I like what I'm seeing except for "using the Unity engine."

I was hoping they'd carry over their in-house technical expertise from Rare and my experiences playing Unity games hasn't been that great.
After Grow Home I'm confident collect-a-thons work great in Unity. At least on PC.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Alright? Any particular reason why?

Because I've been waiting for a spiritual successor for Banjo Kazoo for around 17 years now. I thought Nuts and Bolts would be that game but no. They couldn't just do a updated port with modern graphics. They added stupid vehicle building mechanics etc... They fucked it up.

For devs it seems it's impossible for them to grasp what made a game great and craft a game with those simple mechanics. For some reason they just can't keep it simple and fill it with crap. I fully expect this game to do the same.

I really hope I'm wrong.

Pachimari

Just for the thread:

OZz07Jf.jpg

Pachimari

I really hope that the main character will have a grand mascot design.
And everything seems to be colorful, and if it's gonna be a collec-a-thon, then even better!

I seriously cannot get hyped any more like I am right now for this game.

I really really hope it is a true successor to the BK games, a real collectathon platformer with charming characters and multiple beautiful themed world with lots of things to collect.

I would freak out if it turns out to be just like this and nothing like Nuts & Bolts.

They probably still in the earliest stages of development I don't think a reveal video is possible at the moment. It will be cool to see concept arts and interviews though

Milpool

I plan on watching it on the Chromecast but I bet an ad plays just as they're about to reveal a video or something.

Top Bottom