• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Barack Obama 'kidnaps' 24 hero Jack Bauer

Status
Not open for further replies.
koam said:
Season 6 had toned down and practically removed torturing, this guy is whack.
Season 5 didn't have much either. In most cases the use of it was largely ineffective and in some cases was even used to by the person being tortured to gain the upper hand. I really think the issue has been massively overblown. It is simply a device, a device that i think has become tired and somewhat overused by the writers when they come into that roadblock of what to do with the current suspect in order to get a lead. The format doesn't lend itself well to real world mechanics and the crisis are always of the imminent variety to create a sense of urgency. It is pure fantasy. I find all the political hoopla hilarious to be honest and, if anything, the shows plotlines are liberal slanted even in recent years.

Kibbles

WTF? I'm pretty sure they finished the script a long time ago, hell they had the premier filmed like a year or two ago right? (then they had to stop because of the writer strike, blah blah blah) Seriously, :lol If it would have any effect, it certainly wouldn't be for this season.

Drakken

When the novelist and film director Michael Crichton, the creator of Jurassic Park, died on the day Mr Obama was elected, his passing received little publicity, conservatives claim, because he wrote a thriller questioning the liberal consensus on global warming.

Holy crap, I never heard about this. That stinks. :(

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
koam said:
Season 6 had toned down and practically removed torturing, this guy is whack.

What are you talking about?

Jack got tortured in the first episode pretty brutally.

Jack tortured his own brother.

Morris has someone put a power drill through his shoulder.

Season 6 seemed to step up the torture.

MIMIC

Banned
When the series returns for its seventh season on Sunday night, Bauer will mouth the views of Mr Obama, who has vowed to end "enhanced interrogation", also known as torture, and close the Guantanamo Bay detention camp.

:lol :lol WTF?

They were considering torturing someone in the 24 PROMO. Did the editor of this article bother fact checking at all?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Sir Fragula said:
24's rubbish anyway, so who cares?

You do realize that you having a shitty opinion doesn't mean others also share that same shitty opinion, right?

24 had one rubbish season out of six. Let's not pretend otherwise.

pnjtony

an_american_carol_movie_poster.jpg

Budget - $20 million
Domestic Gross - $7 million

The public just doesn't wanna see it.

Blader

Has the writer even seen the new season of 24? I've only seen commercials, but it pretty explicitly shows Jack saying he won't apologize for using torture and there's even a scene where some FBI woman tells Jack to torture a suspect.

Besides the obvious (24 is fiction and shouldn't be used as a basis for any kind of reasonable argument), the guy doesn't have his facts about the show straight.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
omg rite said:
You do realize that you having a shitty opinion doesn't mean others also share that same shitty opinion, right?

24 had one rubbish season out of six. Let's not pretend otherwise.
Just one? Pfft!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
pnjtony said:
an_american_carol_movie_poster.jpg

Budget - $20 million
Domestic Gross - $7 million

The public just doesn't wanna see it.

The fact that Religulous buried this in the box office made me very happy.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I just realized something... assuming the writers stick to previously established stories, this new female president is a Republican.

Palmer was a democrat, Logan republican, Palmer 2 was Democrat (we can assume), and they lost to this new female president.

DrForester said:
I just realized something... assuming the writers stick to previously established stories, this new female president is a Republican.

Palmer was a democrat, Logan republican, Palmer 2 was Democrat (we can assume), and they lost to this new female president.
Yeah, but there is also the possibilty she ran against Daniels as he was never officially elected as president. I'd rather they don't spell it out.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Spotless Mind said:
Yeah, but there is also the possibilty she ran against Daniels as he was never officially elected as president. I'd rather they don't spell it out.

He said he lost he election to her, not the primary though.

Is An American Carol just now coming out on DVD? I've been seeing adds for it all over the place the last week or two on pretty generic channels (i.e. not FoxNews)

omg rite said:
Yes, season six. There were some that were kind of average, like 4, but never sucked.

omg we agree. I'm about 6 episodes from finishing S6 and it's not bad so far. The repetative nature is definitely annoying but so far it's not horrible.

And I don't get why people hated S4...

pnjtony said:
The poster tells you how weak this comedy is. Kevin Farley is a fat, unshaven guy in a baseball cap. The video camera cements it as a Michael Moore impersonation. But, they put a sandwich in his hands? Hilarity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom