• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

For me, It's not that the game looks bad (though there are poor elements like AA implementation and some less than desirable texture work). It's just not at a level visually to justify the level of performance people are seeing or the necessity to lock the game at 30fps.

The game clearly has performance issues. But the game is also doing some shit that where hitches in fps is justified. There are screen-space reflections all over the place. I'd like for them to push even further and add HBAO+ to the game knocking fps even further down. But the game would look a step ahead of everything else out there.

iFIxpj1.jpg

fGIQhtp.jpg

jett

D-Member
Sure it is. The game is doing a shit load of stuff never before in a game. We wanted games to push the boundaries and Nvidia is seeing to it that we get glimpses of where they are headed. Hairworks/Faceworks/Gameworks stuff is clearly a generation ahead of todays highest end hardware -- but it's something we gotta look forward to.

The early segments of BatmanAK were horribly lit and textures were bland. But once he's out on the street, it looks just like those reveal trailers.

This game isn't using any of this shit.

This game is doing jack-all out of the ordinary, except for the Nvidia paper/smoke shit, which was in Arkham Origins already.

epmode

To anyone that verified the game's files only to have Steam redownload everything: Does verifying a second time cause Steam to redownload everything again or does it actually verify properly?

tuxfool

Banned
Sure it is. The game is doing a shit load of stuff never before in a game. We wanted games to push the boundaries and Nvidia is seeing to it that we get glimpses of where they are headed. Hairworks/Faceworks/Gameworks stuff is clearly a generation ahead of todays highest end hardware -- but it's something we gotta look forward to.

All wonderful things in a tech demo. Not so much in a game you cannot play. It would be one thing if the performance was there in settings appropriate to the hardware, but they are not.

So Arkham Knight wasn't fixed while I slept? Bummer...
To anyone that verified the game's files only to have Steam redownload everything: Does verifying a second time cause Steam to redownload everything again or does it actually verify properly?

This is actually a good question.

epmode

Am I right in understanding that this game only has a normal textures setting? Not high?

There is a high setting but the game only makes it visible for certain video cards. This port sucks.

edit: I might be imagining this. I'll have to double check my settings tonight.

edit edit: I was mistaken, sorry.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I don't think it looks bad but it definitely is not the looker I expected it to be from videos. Character models feel like a step back from the previous games.

My opinion may change the more I play it though.
They feel like a step back?!

bkzb.jpg

dkzb.jpg

ckzb.png

fkzb.png

CryptiK

There is a high setting but the game only makes it visible for certain video cards. This port sucks.

edit: I might be imagining this. I'll have to double check my settings tonight.
Really? So its not going to let my Titan access those textures? Is there a way around it?

Repeating for a new round of pages. Works for a friend of mine as well

After having the game crash multiple times within 10 mins I now have it running stably without a single crash.

I did the following and only the following:

1. Config Edit to 60FPS Cap.
2. The game seemingly suffers a massive memory leak, so up your page file. I set this to my secondary SSD and upped the size to 5GB.
3. Turn of every overlay you have. Steam, FRAPS, Geforce Experience all of them.
4. Make sure all background unnecessary programs are closed.

The game is maxed out settings wise + Gameworks settings all on.

My system:

i7-2600K 4.5GHz
8GB RAM
GTX Geforce TITAN

I haven't had a crash since and my framerate has been in the 40s-50s. 3 Hours in.

GLHF.

This game isn't using any of this shit.

This game is doing jack-all out of the ordinary, except for the Nvidia paper/smoke shit, which was in Arkham Origins already.

LOL! I wasn't implying that it was doing that.

And to say it's doing ordinary stuff is laughable.

epmode

I was apparently wrong about the textures setting. "Normal" is as high as it goes. Got confused by other posts from this thread. I've edited my post.

The port still sucks.

Dave_6

I posted this a few posts ago as I'm really wanting to know myself.

tuxfool

Banned
The game clearly has performance issues. But the game is also doing some shit that where hitches in fps is justified. There are screen-space reflections all over the place. I'd like for them to push even further and add HBAO+ to the game knocking fps even further down. But the game would look a step ahead of everything else out there.

iFIxpj1.jpg

fGIQhtp.jpg

How about using a host that doesn't decimate IQ?

Hitches are *never* justified. They're something to be tolerated at best when they occur rarely. I should point out that you sound like have drunk a bad batch of kool-aid.

komorebi

I want to know this as well because going by what JaseC said above, even if one redownloaded the game(which I'm doing now) those borked 4553+ files should still fail to validate. Anyone brave enough to try? lol

Top Bottom