• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight Announced (PC/PS4/XB1, 2014) - Drivable Batmobile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psykoboy2

Is Arleen Sorkins reprising her role as Harley Quinn? It may literally be the deciding factor for me... do we know yet?

She didn't in City so I doubt she will be here. All we know for certain so far with voices is Conroy for Batman, that's all we got. I'm going to make a wild guess and say North will be back for Cobblepot, however.

Could be their best one yet:

Yca6PZ4.png

ha. looks terrible. not graphically but artistically. arkham games always have had terrible character art though, for the most part. look how unnecessarily complicated that suit is. jesus.

anyway, cant wait to see what "series finale" means to these people.

Zabka

You just know there's going to be an eject button in the Batmobile that launches you into the air. Gonna be awesome driving full speed down the street and hitting eject.

Please be awesome

Some Nobody

I don't know how they'll make the Batmobile useful without seriously nerfing the crazy mobility that Batman had in Arkham City. I mean, you could basically fly in that game. Unless they take that ability away from you, I don't see how driving the Batmobile will make sense from a gameplay perspective.

As someone who played both "open world" Batman games, the flying thing (it was really just gliding) got really old. The larger the city gets, the less you'll want to fly over great distances. Or at least, the less I'll want to fly.

Supposedly they're hiding a huge detail from us. Bat-characters or Justice League?

Reule

There's so much to be excited about this. Rocksteady coming back and the fact that it's next-gen/PC only. I'm definitely pre-ordering the game for the Harley Quinn challenge stuff. I cannot wait to see how they handle the Batmobile. I know some people didn't enjoy Arkham City's story but I still hope Paul Dini will return to write. It seems like he won't from what I've read on Twitter which is a shame.

Can't wait for the trailer. :D

RAIDEN1

So its certain that there will not be an xbox 360 and PS4 version? Could be a reason to get a PS4/XBOX 1 as the likes of Mass effect 4, Uncharted, Halo 5, MGS: 5 (the full game) probably won't be out until 2015...

Really hope this has multiple playable characters, like the entire Bat-family. (Catwoman, Robin, Nightwing, Red Robin?)

Also hoping the Court of Owls ends up heavily involved.

Will this just be a blocked off section of city with just criminals running around, or an actual open world city with civilians and everything?

Hoo-doo

Banned
This is one of those franchises I just can't see the appeal of.

I tried, oh god i've tried. But the first two games bored me to tears.
Time to go do something else, Rocksteady.

Albo

Inclusion of bat-mobile could mean car combat and or chases between police and enemy vehicles. Inclusion of police could also mean some type of morality system based around how you choose to deal with police. I'm excited at the prospects. Given how the batmobile on the cover, I think it's going to play a key role (or they could just be doing that for marketing more-so).

batmobile-o.gif

I wonder, since rocksteady as a team don't have any experience creating driving games, if they would outsource or get help from a studio such as codemasters for example. Then again, they've been working two+ years on this already so have had plenty of time to hire the necessary people and learn from them.

AngryMoth

Yeah I'm pretty excited for this. Was hoping they'd be doing something new but I don't have a problem with them doing one more batman game if it's next gen only. Hype!

in before joker villian.

Hope it stays next gen only.

Was hoping for more of a nation wide scale, but whatever, not crying over another awesome game. Hope we see a deathstroke rematch or some JLA cameos.

Will preorder it as soon as it hits amazon. Arkham is one of those few franchises I'll plop down the full price for.

I'm legit shocked this isn't a cross gen title. I almost made a ban bet on it in another thread. Happy to be wrong. That's exciting. Maybe we'll be moving on faster than I thought.

in before joker villian.

Hope it stays next gen only.

Was hoping for more of a nation wide scale, but whatever, not crying over another awesome game. Hope we see a deathstroke rematch or some JLA cameos.

Will preorder it as soon as it hits amazon. Arkham is one of those few franchises I'll plop down the full price for.

I think everyone, including Rock Steady, are just going to pretend Origins didn't happen. I'm okay with this. It was only ever a stop-gap for a real sequel.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Joker won't be in this game, it takes place a year (if i heard that right from the video) after the events of Arkham City.

Messi

Joker won't be in this game, it takes place a year (if i heard that right from the video) after the events of Arkham City.

Everything comes back to Joker. The existence of Harley in this story essentially confirm that. At the very least she will be trying to bring him back.

Bulzeeb

nice, but I guess I'll buy the game of the year edition with all dlc a year later as I did for the previous batman games

First reaction reading in the OP that this is exclusive to current gen
robryansad.gif

Scrolling down and realizing that I forgot what current gen now means
RobRyanFuckYeahFuckFace.gif

Ashtar

I don't understand why this is two threads..... aren't they pretty much the same and can't they be joined at the hip?

yeah, but comics.

Hadn't thought of owl man. He would be fantastic over deathstroke. Scarecrow is strong enough to be the lead villian I think, but rarely do these games have just one lead villain anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom