• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
uu6asoV.jpg

B-WMhPLCUAAa08c.jpg

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Release Date: March 25, 2016
Director: Zack Snyder

Comic Con Trailer 2014
http://a.pomf.se/wyqwlk.webm

First photos.
gwrxvUv.jpg

Gbj6CRx.jpg

erfS1Cz.jpg

4cN8H6K.jpg

FIQ9uEl.jpg

PtWSn6d.jpg

hG0d4lk.jpg

Batmobile
BxN9u_AIgAIq_qp.jpg

rukJqUQ.jpg

z0cYYRp.jpg

Ok, so details are obviously scarce, but here are some of the more notable ones.

• ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ is the official title.
• Oscar-winning screenwriter Chris Terrio is writing the script. David Goyer was taken out back like old yeller and then hung up to dry.
• We’re getting an older veteran Batman.
• Wonder Woman is rumored to have a “cameo plus” sized role.
• The Flash and Cyborg may have small cameos.
• Hans Zimmer is doing the score.
• Larry Fong will be the Director of Photography. He was the DP on 300 and Watchmen.
• Snyder is also directing the officially announced Justice League movie that will follow this.

The Cast

• Henry Cavil as Superman
• Ben Affleck as Batman
• Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman
• Jason Momoa as Aquaman
• Ezra Miller as The Flash
• Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor
• Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth
• Ray Fisher as Cyborg
• Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson will play Black Adam in this DC Cinematic Universe. No word as of yet if he'll be in this movie.

Snyder's thought process - http://youtu.be/EOJj2zw2goM

ZcFfl0A.jpg

“[The movie] literally takes the Man of Steel and Batman universes and explodes them. You’re not as tied to the mythology. In Man of Steel, we had to create an origin story, a mythology, and there’s a lot of energy into that, which we love doing. Don’t get me wrong. But when you think about how fun it is too — now that you’ve got these characters — to now let ‘em loose. That’s fun!”

DCCU Movie Release Schedule

• Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice - March 25th, 2016
• Suicide Squad – August 5th, 2016
• Wonder Woman - June 23rd, 2017
• Justice League - November 17th, 2017
• The Flash - March 23rd, 2018
• Aquaman - July 27th, 2018
• Shazam - April 5th, 2019
• Justice League 2 - June 14th, 2019
• Cyborg - April 3rd, 2020
• Green Lantern - June 19th, 2020

iCi9McGKFrlUR.gif

Toa TAK

Banned
This is a little disappointing to me, being that I feel Amir Mokri did such a incredibly fantastic job with the photography in Man of Steel. Fortunately, Larry Fong is no slouch, and has proven that he works very well with Snyder.

I feel the same. Loved the camerawork during the action in MOS.

Will be cautious about this film, though.

Raptor

Watchmen DP is very good news IMO, while I didn't had a problem with the handheld camera of MoS I felt the character and movie deserved a more conventional EPIC photography if you know what I mean.

Snyder just realized this and Im glad, also nice to have a thread now, this will be the thread where I put maybe a 1000 posts or something for the next two years.

Subscribed.

Barzul

My thoughts on this is how does Batman beat this Superman (I'm assuming they are going to have a go at it), unless there is very heavy emphasis on Batman's planning and gadgets (and kryptonite) I fail to see how he could possibly keep up. If he's anything like Nolan's Batman, he'd get obliterated imo

witness

Hope Affleck is terrific and silences the haters.

He will. All the doubters will be served crow, he is not the same actor from 10 years ago.

This is my most anticipated movie ever because its my favorite two characters since childhood. I will be turning 32 when this releases but I'm going to turn into a 8 year old when the lights go down.

I hope he find out about Cranston as Lex soon.

Yeah, neither of the titles in the thread title are ACTUAL titles. It doesn't have one yet.

I've been referring to it as Man of Steel 2.

Pretty sure it won't be called Batman vs. Superman. Wouldn't be surprised if it's called World's Finest, honestly. Warners has titled 2 Batman movies and one Superman movie without using either of those names, so I could see them relying on the two logos to get across the idea that Batman & Superman are in the movie, much like "Man of Steel" was always plastered over the S to make sure you knew it was a Superman movie.

I wonder if Larry Fong's getting the job on this means we're getting speed-ramping back.

I kinda hope it's not called World's Finest. I have severe doubts about how worthy this movie will be of that name.

Plus, you know, World's Finest ain't really fitting for a film that, even for a small while, has Supes and the Bat going at it.

RangerX

Banned
He will. All the doubters will be served crow, he is not the same actor from 10 years ago.

This is my most anticipated movie ever because its my favorite two characters since childhood. I will be turning 32 when this releases but I'm going to turn into a 8 year old when the lights go down.

I hope he find out about Cranston as Lex soon.

I don't think hes improved at all. Hes a fantastic director but he was absoloutly mediocre in the town and argo. Not terrible just very very ordinary. His brother is a much better actor. I'll still give him a chance though. I want him to do well.

I kinda hope it's not called World's Finest. I have severe doubts about how worthy this movie will be of that name.

Plus, you know, World's Finest ain't really fitting for a film that, even for a small while, has Supes and the Bat going at it.

Let's not get to into nitpicking the symbolic appropriateness of the film's subtitles just yet. "Worthiness" is something you go over after the film's out. :)

Besides, we're dealing with filmmakers who have a proven track record of going with the thing that has cachet and sounds cool over the thing that makes more sense.

I can see both Snyder/Goyer pushing for "World's Finest" for the title.

akira28

It's a comic book tradition. Plus no one can actually beat Superman except for Batman...or possibly Batman using Wonder Woman as a tank while he pulls out the kryptonite. Plus in all of our legends...the heroes that fight each other first create much stronger bonds later.

All the way back to Gilgamesh.

ReiGun

In a perfect world, they'd find a way to have Bats and Supes be adversarial without physically fighting. Shame we don't live in a perfect world.

Let's not get to into nitpicking the symbolic appropriateness of the film's subtitles just yet. "Worthiness" is something you go over after the film's out. :)

Besides, we're dealing with filmmakers who have a proven track record of going with the thing that has cachet and sounds cool over the thing that makes more sense.

I can see both Snyder/Goyer pushing for "World's Finest" for the title.

Oh, yeah, I know they won't give a fuck about whether or not it fits. I mean, rightly so, ultimately you need something catchy, and it's a hell of a lot catchier than "Superman/Batman" or any such variation.

Just sayin', was all.

3N16MA

Banned
Man of Steel was not that great. I'm waiting for Affleck to get full control over the standalone Batman films

As someone who thought Man of Steel had some flaws I really enjoyed the movie immensely. Looking forward to the sequel lets just hope the sequel gets a chance to address the problems I had the first one as well as successfully reboot Batman. Go Affleck !

EDIT please have Affleck rewrite the script !

Not really hyped at all for this movie. I liked Man of Steel but I really think this is gonna suck. It reeks of money hungry studio execs pushing it on the film makers to get some of that Marvel cash.

I would have preferred another solo Superman film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom