• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Evolved1 said:
Again... I'm not an advocate for unlocks. But in BC2 you start with the best weapons. You just don't have specs, which is a pain in the butt. Lack of mag/armor in the beginning is difficult, but the starting weapons are perfectly fine. I mean the avtomat is probably the best weapon in the game.

Maybe for close combat, but if you're a tactical assault guy who likes intermediate distance, they sucked. Nothing worse than flanking into a position, but knowing if you spray and pray you'd only alert them to your position and they'd turn around and wipe you out.

Getting the first scope turned the game from complete shit to "Finally, I can have some fun."

And the first gun being the best is a matter of opinion. I like guns that have high accuracy and an okay rate of fire. I'll trade rate of fire for accuracy every day. The gun I use most definitely isn't tier one, although I will admit the tier 1 gun is serviceable once you get a scope.

Emily Chu

Banned
Campaign on one disc
Finish it
COASTER TIME.

Keep mp disc in forever until BF4 next gen

Where da problem sir?

That or get the pc version and crank it to 60hz

Arnie

Mr. Snrub said:
I don't get the outrage over 2 discs. I mean...are there really any other alternatives?
Personally, I'm pleased with the revelation. I'd rather have a dedicated multiplayer disk because that's the one that's going to frequent my 360 for such a long period of time. I'm not going to put Battlefield in six months after launch and rue the fact that I can't play some singleplayer, I'm going to hop onto a Karkand match from my console server browser.

Evolved1 said:
In a perfect world it would be this: free chat with squad and anyone in your vehicle.

Nonono. You'd have people breathing and all kinds of noise interfering with the chat; click-to-talk is always better unless you have some extremely good microphone set-up.

Mr. Snrub said:
I don't get the outrage over 2 discs. I mean...are there really any other alternatives?

Not purchasing the game? ...and holy crap at the influx of whining about scopes, I do agree -- the essentials should be unlocked from the get-go (defib, repair tool, etc.). Protip: Stay away from RO2, you will rage, Lol.

Kyaw

Giriath_89 said:
Nonono. You'd have people breathing and all kinds of noise interfering with the chat; click-to-talk is always better unless you have some extremely good microphone set-up.

Isn't most console mics good enough for noise cancellation?
My PS3 bluetooth mic is close to my mouth so only my voice gets in the mic and nothing else.
I presume the same thing with 360 mics.

For PC, we should have the ability to chat with team/squad/vehicle and Push to talk.

Kyaw said:
Isn't most console mics good enough for noise cancellation?
My PS3 bluetooth mic is close to my mouth so only my voice gets in the mic and nothing else.
I presume the same thing with 360 mics.

For PC, we should have the ability to chat with team/squad/vehicle and Push to talk.

No, and on PC I hope we'll be able to assign keys to all three channels you mentioned.

1-D_FTW

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Not purchasing the game? ...and holy crap at the influx of whining about scopes, I do agree -- the essentials should be unlocked from the get-go (defib, repair tool, etc.). Protip: Stay away from RO2, you will rage, Lol.

It's the reason I didn't buy RO 2. I could have almost forgiven them for tying the atrocious Punkbuster bans to VAC bans, but when they announced unlockables? Sales -1.

Kyaw

Not enough fingers on my hands for all three PTT buttons plus

WASD
CTRL
SHIFT
LMB
RMB
Scroll Wheel
E
F
R

At least i have two extra buttons on my mouse to bind it for whatever i want.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Giriath_89 said:

It wouldn't be very much different than it is now on BC2... except, you know, I'd be able to tell the random smurf who jumped in my Hind gun to target VADS, and other incredibly critical information that far outweighs the slight possibility of some heavy breathing. To which you could always say, um buddy could you kindly remove the mic from inside your esophagus? Most people will oblige when you tell them their mic is too loud/quite.

Vehicle chat is a necessity in my mind... and occasionally communicating to the entire team I think would be very useful, but I think for the whole team PTT is beast since it's not needed constantly and in that instance 12-32 players on one constantly-open chat channel would be too much noise.

Evolved1 said:
It wouldn't be very much different than it is now on BC2... except, you know, I'd be able to tell the random smurf who jumped in my Hind gun to target VADS, and other incredibly critical information that far outweighs the slight possibility of some heavy breathing. To which you could always say, um buddy could you kindly remove the mic from inside your esophagus? Most people will oblige when you tell them their mic is too loud/quite.

Vehicle chat is a necessity in my mind... and occasionally communicating to the entire team I think would be very useful, but I think for the whole team PTT is beast since it's not needed constantly and in that instance 12-32 players on one constantly-open chat channel would be too much noise.

I guess you're talking console? I'm not, and I have many keys to assign channels to.

CryptiK said:
Not a console gamer.

I also dont like how Console games arent as nearly as authentic as the Real Battlefield games /troll >.>

First of all I hate Call of Duty. Second of all where did I mention call of duty? I am a PC gamer PC games should not be built to run on 30FPS >.>

Wait what you can get > 60 fps on pc version

cresto

With the all chat, do you think it will be proximity or just all over? Proximity would make more sense to me. I know on the 360 people will just use party chat anyway. I'm curious how they will handle parties greater than 4 people. It was next to impossible to get a good size group in a bc2 game on the 360. I guess it will be nice having the server browser

CryptiK said:
Not a console gamer.

I also dont like how Console games arent as nearly as authentic as the Real Battlefield games /troll >.>

First of all I hate Call of Duty. Second of all where did I mention call of duty? I am a PC gamer PC games should not be built to run on 30FPS >.>

There is no FPS cap for the PC version. If you got the hardware you can easily play with > 60 FPS.

Although expected, I think we're overreacting to the 100 hours per kit announcement. Let's wait and get more info before we complain too much, since we don't know how it's implemented. I highly doubt you can select your unlocks, though.

Just read this tweet, where Demize says weapon damage is based on caliber. I'm wondering, since they're big on authenticity for BF3, how they'll be balancing weapons, i.e. will they be altering the "real" rate of fire, change damage from one 5.56 (for example) gun to another 5.56 gun, etc.

Mr. Snrub said:
Although expected, I think we're overreacting to the 100 hours per kit announcement. Let's wait and get more info before we complain too much, since we don't know how it's implemented. I highly doubt you can select your unlocks, though.

Just read this tweet, where Demize says weapon damage is based on caliber. I'm wondering, since they're big on authenticity for BF3, how they'll be balancing weapons, i.e. will they be altering the "real" rate of fire, change damage from one 5.56 (for example) gun to another 5.56 gun, etc.
Based on caliber eh? That is pretty awesome and how it should be. Hopefully it doesn't lead to people spamming m60's or m240's all day though. I hope they would go so far as to change the rate of fire, trigger pull, trigger reset and rumble amount per weapon. My 360 pad has triggers, use them!

Unigine benchmarks, Lol. They were hilarious a few pages back and still continue to be just as funny. Just have some patience and wait for the beta to come out.

Omiee

This is what im getting now, is this enough to play battlefield 3 at ultra? Because i have seen people saying it probably is going to be pretty demanding.

2sb4fnq.png

Eric WK

Omiee said:
This is what im getting now, is this enough to play battlefield 3 at ultra? Because i have seen people saying it probably is going to be pretty demanding.

Dude, we don't know yet.

Blutonium

Omiee said:

*benchmark*

These are the specs:

Minimum
Hard Drive Space: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHzRAM2GB
Video Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card

Recommended
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPURAM 4GB
Video Card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon Radeon HD 6850

Sethos

Banned
Omiee said:

Sorry man, Medium or low at best at 800x600.

Omiee

Blutonium said:
Theses are the specs:

Minimum
Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHzRAM2GB
Video Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card

Recommended
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPURAM 4GB
Video Card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon Radeon HD 6850

Well thats not that bad actually, so what is all the fuss about. Iv seen people saying it should be pretty demanding and getting 60fps on ultra would be pretty hard to achieve.

Mr. Snrub said:
That is just so stupid. Why should I be forced to play a mode that I have no interest in at all, in order to unlock things for a mode that I do have interest in playing? Fuck playing some stupid ass campaign missions, that are linear as all hell and with braindead AI. I want my MP weapons and I don't want to have to play any garbage singleplayer or co-op to do so. Fuck off with this DICE.

Blutonium

Omiee said:
Well thats not that bad actually, so what is all the fuss about. Iv seen people saying it should be pretty demanding and getting 60fps on ultra would be pretty hard to achieve.

Sure, but these are still recommended specs. They don't take in to account the resolution and texture settings/AA etc. you want to use. To max everything you'll probably need one hell of a card.

A while back I read that the Gamescom demo's ran on a single GTX 580, is this true?

Omiee said:

2sb4fnq.png

I think we'll be okay... those are extreme setting on the benchmark.

6116310631_c1af03e4a6_b.jpg

Mr. Snrub said:

This better be true, it is something I have been wanting from a game in a long time.

Omiee

I did not have the need to unlock my 6950's or overclock them before this. But i think battlefield 3 will be the game that makes me overclock them and unlock them to 6970's
i just need a good guide to show me how since i have the asus direct cu 2

Soma

I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's only like what 6 co-op missions anyhow. I'm sure they're not particularly lengthy missions but I could be proven wrong.

In any case, I kinda enjoy co-op stuff personally.

Raide

For those without co-op friends, I am sure we can get a few from GAF to donate some "friend time" so you can get your co-op weapons.

Mr. Snrub said:
Yeah, I don't like the co-op decision. I guess it encourages you to play both modes, but it's not a very logical decision.
This does the opposite for me. I might have had a passing interest in playing the campaign or co-op. Not anymore. Battlefield has been and will always be, a multiplayer centric game. To restrict multiplayer gameplay, in any way, because of the campaign or co-op is just wrong.

I have always hated the idea of single/co-op in BF3, I have always felt it takes resources away, that could be better spent on more multiplayer content. Now, to make me play the mode that I despise, to unlock content for the one I love, is just fucked up. I would rather go without whatever the co-op MP unlocks are, than have to play co-op. Fuck DICE hard for this decision.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Not sure why I should have to play some garbage co-op mode to unlock MP stuff.

KingOfKong said:
forced co-op? this is the first bad taste decision that BF3 has left in my mouth. who thought this was a good idea?
I don't know, but it has me heated. I created a twitter account and am asking demize about the forced co-op, lol. It just makes no sense at all to force people to play a mode they don't want to.

Darkshier said:
I don't know, but it has me heated. I created a twitter account and am asking demize about the forced co-op, lol. It just makes no sense at all to force people to play a mode they don't want to.

i love me some multiplayer games but I have always dislike co-op. what guns does it unlock? maybe i should figure that part out before i start my boycot haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom