• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_nothin

Banned
LordCanti said:
I'm confused. I thought they had switched it back to spawning on the squad leader only, and not just anyone in the squad. With it like that, the beacon is useful because a non-squad-leader recon can plant the beacon, and the entire team can spawn on the thing (instead of just your squad) as long as you live. So it would be in the best interest of the team if you planted the beacon, and then hid somewhere.

Imagine all the covered roofs in BC2, with attics accessible to the player. Plant a beacon in there as a recon, and suddenly you can get a good portion of the team spawned in there, and descend upon the enemy from however far behind enemy lines the recon had managed to get.

If I'm wrong though, and squad spawning isn't currently implemented like I thought it was, the usefulness of the beacon is diminished.
That was never confirmed. Demize only said that beacons were in for recons. The article that wrote about it said that spawning has been changed to SL only but we're not sure if they meant from BC2 to the alpha or from the gamescon/pax builds to the unreleased beta.

jorma

is now taking requests
matt05891 said:
Terrible hours but imagine if they were paid HOURLY? 72 hours a week of overtime. Too bad most are salaried in anyway or are considered "independent contractors" for some testers so they don't get overtime. I hope their bonus at the end pays for this.

Unless something changed very recently, DICE employees are unionised, so they get paid properly for their OT. Either that or a bonus based on the profits (they get to choose afaik).

And unless DICE have some sort of special agreement, 200 hours OT/year is the max. After that they have to go to the union and ask for permission if they want their employees to work more OT.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
jorma said:
Unless something changed very recently, DICE employees are unionised, so they get paid properly for their OT. Either that or a bonus based on the profits (they get to choose afaik).

And unless DICE have some sort of special agreement, 200 hours OT/year is the max. After that they have to go to the union and ask for permission if they want their employees to work more OT.

they also have a month-long summer vacations. I say Sweden is a good country.

LordCanti

subversus said:

Every worker (except essential people I'm guessing? Police, doctors, etc?) gets a month off during the summer?

How can I immigrate to this glorious land?

Arcipello

subversus said:
Erm... I worked in Stockholm for 3 years and don't remember that month! We got 25 days worth of paid holiday though to use as we wanted... But I get the same here in the UK too.

jorma

is now taking requests
Arcipello said:
Erm... I worked in Stockholm for 3 years and don't remember that month! We got 25 days worth of paid holiday though to use as we wanted... But I get the same here in the UK too.

You have the right to - and in most cases is expected to - use the bulk of that vacation in june, july or august.

Gawny

Neo Member
Battlefield 3 Beta starts the 27th

We have been speculating about when it will be weeks launching the Beta of Battlefield 3.

The wait is over, the beta for Battlefield 3 will be released on 27 this month for the holders of the code from Medal of Honor, and day 29 for the rest.

At the same time a tool has been confirmed for nesting a clan system called Battlefield 3 Platoon, still unknown what platforms will cover.

LordCanti

Gawny said:

That's a rumor that is weeks old, based off some server host forum admin in the phillipines or something like that. Already shot down by zh1nt0 on twitter.

Source is also unlisted, and it's some random Spanish site...

Edit: A bunch of German sites have picked up the mantle, and are going for the 27th as the date. They're basing thing on absolutely nothing except "inside sources" as far as I can tell. There is a single shot of a "platoon" screen in battlelog, where clans can apparently earn badges and medals or something, but it's not confirmed.

I feared late September, but I'm hoping that this isn't true =/

Gawny said:
Let's see if an english source is more reliable for you:

Here also.

Same lack of a credible source. We've been trolled before, and until I see a source, I shan't be trolled again good sir.

Gawny

Neo Member
LordCanti said:
That's a rumor that is weeks old, based off some server host forum admin in the phillipines or something like that. Already shot down by zh1nt0 on twitter.

Source is also unlisted, and it's some random Spanish site...

Let's see if an english source is more reliable for you:

Here also.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
UFocP.png

LordCanti

If this news is true, it'll be in today's battleblog. No use freaking out until then.

If it is the 27th though...ugh.... so much coming out around that time frame. Uncharted 3 on the first, and then Dark Souls a couple of days after... not to mention the Team Ico Collection that comes out that exact day.

:(

Sn4ke_911

Nostalgia~4ever said:
which means?

google translate

Moin zh1nt0, can you tell me whether it is right that you can leave the self-healing server side?

He said Yes.

Edit: Wait, is he talking about tanks?

Sn4ke_911 said:
google translate

Edit: Wait, is he talking about tanks?

Yeah, that is a rough translation of what he asked. I would have replaced "leave" with "turn off", but there is no detail lost during translation. *Edit*: And yeah, self-healing = health regen in this case.

He did not specify. Could be talking about tanks and or infantry/players.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Sethos said:
At launch. According to NaturalPoint, they are in talks with DICE and have confirmed they are very open to the idea post-launch.

That is... just awesome news.

gillFTR

LordCanti said:
If this news is true, it'll be in today's battleblog. No use freaking out until then.

If it is the 27th though...ugh.... so much coming out around that time frame. Uncharted 3 on the first, and then Dark Souls a couple of days after... not to mention the Team Ico Collection that comes out that exact day.

:(

Uncharted 3 is Nov 1st I believe.

So far resistance 3 down.

Gears 3 will hold me for 7 days(not really after single player I will be done.), but I've never played Resident evil 4, So I'm excited.

I've committed to Dark souls a weak after that :(.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Uncharted 3 Multiplayer is starting up in October, one month before release, I think they are doing a month long promotion

There You Go!

Sony just announced a partnership with Subway, of all chain sandwich restaurants, to unlock early access to the "complete" competitive Uncharted 3 experience. According to the brief announcement, players will be able to visit Subway in October to get early access to Uncharted 3's full multiplayer component.

And now you're craving Subway for the first time ever.

Moaradin

Monday would be perfect. SWTOR beta ends for a couple weeks on Monday so I got nothing to do. Please don't disappoint me!

edit: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.....

Sn4ke_911

Hold on.

After that, he tweeted this:

GoGW1.png

Troll-face1.jpg

Fucking EA trolls...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
How will this DL work for PSN people? I mean aren't beta releases always coupled with the weekly PSN updates?

Can they release independently of PSN schedule?

edit: Wtf... someone punch that guy in the dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom