• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah . . . I just noticed what looked like mobile AA at 1:12 in the video. A Gadfly, if I believe, drawing from my memory of playing Gunship! and Gunship! 2000 :)

Keasar

LordCanti said:
Oh, lol.

"MAH MAN! WAITED IN LINE FOR HOURS TO PLAY BF3! HOW YOU FEEL BOUT ME BOTHERIN YO ASS RIGHT NAO?!"
99a828d012f0e12b2d15072d5a7ce64a82f06950.jpg

JaskoX1

Banned
if the aircraft and helicopter flying controls are anything like GTA IV's then I'm okey.

in 1943' I was a pro at flying, kb/m seems hard, like in arma 2

LordCanti

JaskoX1 said:
if the aircraft and helicopter flying controls are anything like GTA IV's then I'm okey.

in 1943' I was a pro at flying, kb/m seems hard, like in arma 2

kb/m takes a lot more getting used to. Once you've got it down though, it is good enough.

I'm seriously considering a joystick right now, after my tenth time watching the trailer.

demolitio

Mr. Snrub said:
Holy shit. Just read the info sheets and realized they included SOFLAM--Special Operations Forces Laser Marker.
Awesome. Do you remember the very first BF2 demonstration that showed the laser marker and then the jet came in and blew the bridge to shit? I was so mad when that was gone at release, but we actually replicated it quite well for our BF2 mod. One of the classes had a laser designator and could paint a tank while the A-10 and the 50 other jets we had could lock on to that with certain bombs/missiles. We also had IR gear that could be thrown and would mark an area as well. It was my favorite mod I ever worked on that never took off even though it was by far the biggest mod in terms of items. At least there's still a lot of stuff from the mod in PR... :D

The EOD bot is fucking awesome as well even though I'm not sure how it will work out. Probably like the UAV from BC2 but I wonder what it's good for besides taking out mines...?

Having an Iranian assault rifle is kind of cool and very unique from every other game out there. That's why I wasn't ruling out early Soviet gear for vehicles in SP.

I'm with some of you guys though. I want to see the return of some naval skirmishes but at the very least, the return of aircraft carriers to start off from. Naval battles like BF1942 are greatly missed since that was like a whole other map out in the deep seas chasing after the enemy carrier in a destroyer. I asked them if naval battles will ever return and didn't get an answer of course. :(

dLMN8R

I can't fucking believe that still today people complain about screen tearing in compressed online streams that run at a different frame rate of the base footage, as if that's at all representative of the game itself.

You'd think that if you understood graphics technology enough to understand what screen tearing was in the first place, you'd understand how bitching about it in a compressed online stream is hilarious.

Battling with GAF's painful list options, but I got a text version of everything from the info sheets, for anyone interested:

• Kits
    • Weapons
      • Assault Rifles
      • Carbines
        • M4A1
        • AKS74U
        • SCAR H CQB
        • G36C
        • A-91
        • SG553LB
      • Machineguns
      • Sniper Rifles
        • Mk11
        • SVD
        • SV98
        • M98B
        • M40A5
        • M82A3
      • Battle Rifles
      • Submachineguns
        • P90
        • MP7
        • PDR
        • UMP-45
        • P90TR
        • PP2000
      • Shotguns
        • 870 MCS
        • M1014
        • USAS-12
        • DAO-12
        • Saiga 20k
      • Rocket/Grenade Launchers
        • SMAW
        • RPG-7
        • Javelin
        • FIM-92 Stinger
        • SA-18 IGLA
        • M136 AT4
      • Pistols
        • M9
        • PTa MP443
        • G17
        • M1911
        • T44 (T33?)
        • MP412
        • G18
        • M93R
    • Weapon Accessories
      • Optics
        • M145
        • RDS Reflex
        • Kobra
        • Holographic
        • PKA-S
        • ACOG
        • PSO-1
        • PK-A
        • IRNV - Infrared Night Vision
        • PKS-07
        • 8x Rifle Scope
        • 12x Ballistic
      • Ergonomics
        • Foregrip
        • Bipod
      • Performance
        • Heavy barrel
        • Suppressor
        • Tactical light
        • Laser sight
        • Flash suppressor
        • Straight pull bolt
      • Underslung/underbarrel
        • M320
          • 40MM Grenades
          • Buckshot
          • Smoke grenade
        • M26 MASS
          • 12 gauge
          • Flechettes
          • Frag round
          • Solid slugs
      • Soldier Equipment
        • Knife
        • M67 Hand Grenade
        • M18 Smoke Grenades
        • Medkit
        • Defibrillator
        • M15 Anti-tank mine
        • Welding tool
        • EOD bot
        • 60mm Mortar
        • Ammo box
        • C4
        • M18 Claymore
        • UG Sensors
        • Radio Beacon
        • SOF Laser Marker
        • MAV Micro UAV
      • Soldier Specializations
        • Every specialization has a Squad version as well
        • Sprint boost
        • Flak vest
        • EOD EXPL vest
        • Suppression reduction
        • Marksman training
        • Extra grenades
        • Extra ammo
    • Vehicles
      • Fast Transport
      • Armored Transport
        • HMMWV
        • G3937 Vodnik
      • Infantry Fighting Vehicles
        • LAV-25
        • BMP-2M
      • Mobile Anti-Air
        • LAV-AD
        • 9K22 Tunguska-M
      • Battle Tanks
        • M1 Abrams
        • T90
      • Scout Helicopters
      • Transport Helicopters
        • UH-1Y Venom
        • KA-60 Kasatka
      • Attack Helicopters
        • AH-1Z Super Cobra
        • MI-28 Havoc
      • Fighter Jets
        • FA-18E Super Hornet
        • SU-35BM Flanker-E
      • Attack Jets
        • A-10 Thunderbolt
        • SU-39
      • Naval Transport
      • Amphibious assault
      • Vehicle Specializations
        • Coaxial MG
        • Coaxial HMG
        • Canister shells
        • Guided shells
        • Zoom optics
        • Thermal optics
        • IR smoke
        • Reactive armor
        • Maintenance
        • Belt speed
        • Thermal camo
        • Auto loader
        • Proximity scan
        • CITV station
        • ATGM (Anti-Tank Guided Missile) launcher
        • APFSDS-T shells
        • Guided Rockets
        • Air Radar
        • Heatseekers
        • Laser painter
        • TV missile
        • IR flares
        • Extinguisher
        • ECM jammer
        • Rocket guidance system
        • Below radar
        • Guided missile
        • Beam scanning

Kyaw

Sethos said:
Only thing that annoys me about jets is that your face is all up in the HUD, let me move it back a little.

It would be kinda realistic but seeing as this is no sim (probably half working gauges), i would want to be in 'combat' view at all times.

I cannot wait for the beta... and the imminent press failures at trying to fly on Thursday.

Also from the latest interview, you can spawn on any squad members now.

derFeef

Kyaw said:
It would be kinda realistic but seeing as this is no sim (probably half working gauges), i would want to be in 'combat' view at all times.

I cannot wait for the beta... and the imminent press failures at trying to fly on Thursday.

So it's the Bad Company spawn system? Oh for christs sake :-|

Keasar

Kyaw said:

Aaaw, then what good are squad leaders? :(
Please dont tell me they are removing them.

Sethos

Banned
Kyaw said:

I really wouldn't, it makes no sense and it kills the flying experience completely when your FOV is that narrow.

demolitio said:
Awesome. Do you remember the very first BF2 demonstration that showed the laser marker and then the jet came in and blew the bridge to shit? I was so mad when that was gone at release, but we actually replicated it quite well for our BF2 mod. One of the classes had a laser designator and could paint a tank while the A-10 and the 50 other jets we had could lock on to that with certain bombs/missiles. We also had IR gear that could be thrown and would mark an area as well. It was my favorite mod I ever worked on that never took off even though it was by far the biggest mod in terms of items. At least there's still a lot of stuff from the mod in PR... :D

Very cool. I really hope they implement points into the accessories. Would be nice to laze a target and get points if it's destroyed by a friendly plane.

demolitio

Holy shit! I didn't even notice the 60mm mortar on that list. That brings back a lot of good BF memories. Maybe the AH-6 can be my FO for me and tell me exactly where the shells were dropping and what changes to make. I can see a lot of teamwork moments for my friends. :)

Sethos

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
Very cool. I really hope they implement points into the accessories. Would be nice to laze a target and get points if it's destroyed by a friendly plane.

They need to implement some of this

CKau7.gif

Fuck.

After watching this new trailer I can testify that I'm pumped to the max. Here's hoping we get info on when does the open beta for all platform start in september.

So close, yet so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom