• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Beta access if you preorder MOH: Warfighter

Sethos

Banned
I didn't say it was perfect, I said it was fantastic for the things it is doing, and it is. I know you forgot to quote the rest for your obvious agenda but:

"Let me know of another 64 player game with vehicles that have decent physics (lol @ Quake Wars) destruction that needs to be synched to all 64 players and plays as good as BF3."

ArmA 1 / 2, DCS World does it better.

It's still shoddy with 64 players, you just notice it less because you die every other second from all the random shit dinging around. When you are actually in close quarters scenarios or basic infantry scenarios which is a huge part of Battlefield, it sucks ass. An entire expansion right now is iffy because of it, an entire aspect is broken because of it. But hey, because a few tanks can drive around and the occasional helo it's suddenly fantastic? I've played ArmA 2 with over 80+ players on a dedicated Swedish server and everything was spot on, that even had more units and action than any BF game. Can't even play on a Danish BF3 server with a ping of 9(!!) without getting all the usual hit detection issues. Any Battlefield 3 player that isn't in denial will attest to the horrible hit detection - You don't have to bend over and like everything to play a game you know.

Not sure why everyone is so bummed about there being no BC3. It was essentially just a console version of BF. Now that they see that a normal BF title can be made on all platforms and sell well I am not sure why they would go back to it. There was nothing that really stood out as unique to that part of the BF universe aside from the campaign.

I do agree that I really wish they would do something different than just BF4. With DLC planned till late in next year it just seems odd. Oh well I guess 2 years isn't to bad but I was hoping for a new 1942 style game.

Gemüsepizza;39858255 said:
Wow, because of what? Seriously, I don't get it. It will probably be 2 years between BF3 and BF4. Some people really are exaggerating.
Oh hey, £40 to buy Battlefield 3. Six months later they're asking another £40 for DLC, and now they've just gone and made all of the above moot. To be honest, Battlefield was off my shopping list when they announced Premium, but this has moved it into "don't even consider it even if it's five quid" territory.

DSc

But there was only an 18 month gap between Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3...? And Premium is a Season Pass for BF3 in all but name.

Not sure I understand some of the criticisms in this thread.

ArmA 1 / 2, DCS World does it better.

It's still shoddy with 64 players, you just notice it less because you die every other second from all the random shit dinging around. When you are actually in close quarters scenarios or basic infantry scenarios which is a huge part of Battlefield, it sucks ass. An entire expansion right now is iffy because of it, an entire aspect is broken because of it. But hey, because a few tanks can drive around and the occasional helo it's suddenly fantastic? I've played ArmA 2 with over 80+ players on a dedicated Swedish server and everything was spot on, that even had more units and action than any BF game. Can't even play on a Danish BF3 server with a ping of 9(!!) without getting all the usual hit detection issues. Any Battlefield 3 player that isn't in denial will attest to the horrible hit detection - You don't have to bend over and like everything to play a game you know.

Really? DCS World? A game that doesn't even have infantry combat does it better... lol

And Arma 2 has some pretty hit detection problems as well, maybe not as bad but just because the game is slower and generally your hitting stationary or slow moving targets doesn't mean they don't exist. Play DayZ where zombies are much more active and you'll see. Not to mention it has less shit going on.

KissVibes

Banned
See, this is why Riccitiello's losing his job.

Riccitiello had vision. For awhile, we got new IPs that were really rad. It didn't make any money so now it's time to maximize profit.

Not sure why everyone is so bummed about there being no BC3. It was essentially just a console version of BF. Now that they see that a normal BF title can be made on all platforms and sell well I am not sure why they would go back to it. There was nothing that really stood out as unique to that part of the BF universe aside from the campaign.

The Bad Company campaigns were rad and DICE had fun with the characters, which made it an extremely enjoyable experience. Now, it's a matter of preference but I think a good portion of the Bad Company maps are better than BF3. Seems like quite a few people in this thread would agree too.

I still like Battlefield 3. It's a great game and I'm sure Battlefield 4 will be a great Mutiplayer game too. It's just, I'd rather have a numbered Battlefield be a generational thing rather than a bi-yearly deal. Bad Company is a good branch-off to fill that void, and has a large fanbase.

Not to mention any BF4 news completely kills any chance I'd buy the BF3 DLC.

Sethos

Banned
Really? DCS World? A game that doesn't even have infantry combat does it better... lol

And Arma 2 has some pretty hit detection problems as well, maybe not as bad but just because the game is slower and generally your hitting stationary targets doesn't mean they don't exist. Play DayZ where zombies are much more active and you'll see. Not to mention it has less shit going on.

Yes, I know it's not a direct comparison but it also has a netcode that is required to keep track of hundreds of tanks, vehicles, planes, helicopters and whatnot and still maintain correct information about every bullet and missile, which it does to a 10/10. Yes I will concede that's a bit easier but the ArmA 2 comparison is spot-on. Don't start making excuses about stationary targets and whatnot, ArmA 2's hit detection is based on the old fashion system where it scales linear with the player count and actually benefits from low-ping. Yes it can suffer like any game in the world with shitty pings, bad connections and firewall issues but under ideal circumstances it just works, perfectly. Unlike Battlefield 3.

You also said you hate ArmA 2 and find it boring, thus I doubt you have very much experience on how it actually works, how good it works in action.

Yes, I know it's not a direct comparison but it also has a netcode that is required to keep track of hundreds of tanks, vehicles, planes, helicopters and whatnot and still maintain correct information about every bullet and missile, which it does to a 10/10. Yes I will concede that's a bit easier but the ArmA 2 comparison is spot-on. Don't start making excuses about stationary targets and whatnot, ArmA 2's hit detection is based on the old fashion system where it scales linear with the player count and actually benefits from low-ping. Yes it can suffer like any game in the world with shitty pings, bad connections and firewall issues but under ideal circumstances it just works, perfectly. Unlike Battlefield 3.

You also said you hate ArmA 2 and find it boring, thus I doubt you have very much experience on how it actually works, how good it works in action.

For the record I loved the old Flashpoint Operation from the same devs, but what was acceptable back then, is not acceptable now, and Arma is just as clunky as Flashpoint Operation was, and that's why I hate it the most, not necessarily because it's boring. Realistic combat simulators have to be "boring".

It won't work for the MOH games unlike COD Elite which works every year.
Don't you have to resubscribe (pay again) every year?

Cake Boss

Banned
GIVE ME BAD COMPANY 3 YOU MOTHERFUCKAS.

BF3 is one of the biggest horse shit I have encountered this generation. There is a glimpse of greatness and quality in the game but most of it seems like it was the developed by blind girrafes.

Boerseun

Banned
This series completely lost me with Battlefield 3 -- a glorified tech demo with terrible gunplay, an upgrade tree with little incentive to upgrade, maps that focus on accessibility instead of promoting strategy, and an overall experience more focused on selling the engine to potential licensees than actually building a good game that appeals to fans of pre-Bad Company Battlefield.

And $70 for the sequel to the MoH reboot? Seriously?

I'd be all over this if BF4 is really BF2143 and has dinosaurs. Future dinosaurs. With lasers. Like that one awesome picture (Dino Riders?). This is a completely realistic expectation.

=(

la_briola

I'd be all over this if BF4 is really BF2143 and has dinosaurs. Future dinosaurs. With lasers. Like that one awesome picture (Dino Riders?). This is a completely realistic expectation.

=(
Yes!

Tgllw.jpg

lol at the guys who said all that expensive DLC/season pass would be worth it coz there wouldnt be a BF4 for years.

EA's on a quest to end this gen in the gutter.

ok, who said this? i need links!!!

i know a ton of people said it was worth it because they were getting all the DLC anyway and it saves $10... but who said that other thing!?!?

Naked Lunch

Yall do realize the BF3 beta that was promised with MOH 1 preorder came out literally a year after MOH released, right? If this is similar - expect the BF4 beta to hit in Fall of 2013 at the earliest - after the BF3 DLCs wrap up. BF4 will ship mid 2014.
Not seeing the problem.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yall do realize the BF3 beta that was promised with MOH 1 preorder came out literally a year after MOH released, right? If this is similar - expect the BF4 beta to hit in Fall of 2013 at the earliest - after the BF3 DLCs wrap up. BF4 will ship mid 2014.
Not seeing the problem.

EA already stated their plans were release MOH or BF each fall. This will release next fall. Dice has a lot of employees they have had deadlines before (BF3).

Grecco

It will have been 2 years since BF3 came out if BF4 comes out during fall (it will). That's pretty good compared to CoD and a miracle for Battlefield. What did people expect? Not to see one for whole 5-7 years?

Its the same as COD essentially. IW/Treyarch take 2 years between releases. Dice will spend 2 years between releases.

My exact reaction "WTF BF4 ALREADY????" it is way to soon. At least wait for next gen...

If nextgen consoles come out late 2013, then wouldn't it be possible BF4 comes out at launch with those consoles late next year?

A quick turnaround on BF4 for new consoles might be possible because of Frostbite 2 as well. From everything that EA has said in the past, they seem to think Frostbite 2 is basically a nextgen engine already, so maybe they end up with BF4 on both the existing consoles and the new nextgen ones late next year.

Wthermans

Banned
I look forward to even smaller maps from BF3 and the removal of more features of the franchise. Also, why was the Alpha version of BF3 the best version of the game (and still is to this day)? DICE did a total bait and switch with the destruction levels.

This series went to shit the moment they decided to make BF into a something-for-everyone porridge of game modes and playstyles designed around console gaming.

GIVE ME BAD COMPANY 3 YOU MOTHERFUCKAS.

BF3 is one of the biggest horse shit I have encountered this generation. There is a glimpse of greatness and quality in the game but most of it seems like it was the developed by blind girrafes.
I agree so much. I wonder what the BC2 team is upto, that game was so fucking amazing. I want more!!

This series went to shit the moment they decided to make BF into a something-for-everyone porridge of game modes and playstyles designed around console gaming.

I liked Bad Company 2 just as much as Battlefield 1942. But yea I don't like the direction it's going in...killing naval warfare was a bad move. And most of the map design in BF3 has been terrible IMO. Omaha beach 1942, Bocage 1942, Guadalcanal 1942 etc were such awesome and unique maps, with artilleries, battleships, deffguns and more. They killed all the good stuff.

I think it's obvious the team and designers who made BF1942 left Dice long time ago.

Top Bottom