• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 6 reveal wasn't tomorrow

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
stop being so bloody soft, and trying to tell ppl they are basically lying...

They aren't "basically" lying, they are actually lying. The game is currently in the best state it's ever been, and it's got broken spawns, broken hit reg, completely non existent team balancing etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Anyone who claims BFVs launch was fine quality wise, is outright lying just like the fanbots who claimed all day everyday that MCC was fine back in 2014.

Last edited:

EDMIX

They aren't "basically" lying, they are actually lying.

Anyone who claims BFVs launch was fine quality wise, is outright lying just like the fanbots who claimed all day everyday that MCC was fine back in 2014.

I had no issue with BFV at launch or after. In terms of quality, it was just fine, especially compared to Battlefield 4's launch as that launch was just horrid. In fact I had no issue with BF1 or BFV's launch tbh. So trying to claim someone is "lying" or getting this upset that I don't share the same view is just silly. So I don't understand this notion that anyone that doesn't agree with you must be a "fanbot" or something...

Especially since I'm very much telling you BF4 had lots of issues at launch (same with BF3 for that matter). BF1 and BFV for me had much smoother launches were I had no issues at all with them. So BFV had a smooth launch with very little major issues, single player and multiplayer (not that I even opened the single player lol), patches and updates and free maps.

300 hours in, I can't complain.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I had no issue with BFV at launch or after. In terms of quality, it was just fine, especially compared to Battlefield 4's launch as that launch was just horrid. In fact I had no issue with BF1 or BFV's launch tbh. So trying to claim someone is "lying" or getting this upset that I don't share the same view is just silly. So I don't understand this notion that anyone that doesn't agree with you must be a "fanbot" or something...

Especially since I'm very much telling you BF4 had lots of issues at launch (same with BF3 for that matter). BF1 and BFV for me had much smoother launches were I had no issues at all with them. So BFV had a smooth launch with very little major issues, single player and multiplayer (not that I even opened the single player lol), patches and updates and free maps.

300 hours in, I can't complain.

The known issues list from November 2018. At least 6 of which are still in the game to this day.

Yea, no issues, sure, believable.

But hey, good to know that there are people with such pathetically low standards as you.

Last edited:

EDMIX

The known issues list from November 2018. At least 6 of which are still in the game to this day.

Yea, no issues, sure, believable.

But hey, good to know that there are people with such pathetically low standards as you.

? Did you actually read the post?

"I had no issue with BFV at launch or after"

I never said no issues exist, simply I didn't come across those issues.....not all gamers will come across all issues. It would be like attacking and calling someone a liar cause they told you they had no issues with Witcher 3 or something. Many didn't, many did, but that doesn't mean anyone is lying if they are telling you they simply didn't come across that issue.

By that logic, anyone who doesn't come across a bug in a game must be lying or something.... So after 300 hours with the game, I simply didn't come across much bugs or major issues to really effect the gameplay enough for me to really say it was buggy or a mess or horrid etc. Nothing like BF4's launch.

Based on your logic, no game is fine quality wise....like ever. Nothing based on your logic could ever be fine and everyone is lying or something....

Last edited:

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
? Did you actually read the post?

"I had no issue with BFV at launch or after"

>>But hey, good to know that there are people with such pathetically low standards as you.<<

Imagine carrying water for a game that had an update that literally made players invisible and all you would see is floating guns shooting at you.

A game so broken, you can't even spawn a vehicle.

A game so fundamentally broken that it has invisible walls everywhere

A developer that has such high levels of QA that they release patches that entirely break hit registration

Based on your logic, no game is fine quality wise....like ever. Nothing based on your logic could ever be fine and everyone is lying or something....

There's a difference between occasionally coming across a bug and not being able to play a single game without a major game breaking issue.

People like you are the reason so many games these days are released is such disgustingly broken states.

FUBARx89

BFV was in a better state at launch and like a year after than H:MCC ever was. Was fucking awful in 2018 getting a game going on MCC on the bone.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Imagine carrying water for a game that had an update that literally made players invisible and all you would see is floating guns shooting at you.

A game so broken, you can't even spawn a vehicle.

A game so fundamentally broken that it has invisible walls everywhere

A developer that has such high levels of QA that they release patches that entirely break hit registration

There's a difference between occasionally coming across a bug and not being able to play a single game without a major game breaking issue.

People like you are the reason so many games these days are released is such disgustingly broken states.

Thats nice but, I never came across those issues bud. Don't know what to tell you. I'm not even entirely sure how you would be able to tell me what bugs I came across based in my 300 hours with the game. BFV's launch was fine.

It would be like saying with Witcher 3

A game so broken your horse can't cross the bridge

A game so broken people's faces disappear

A game soooo broken, you can't even save etc

yet

Making a list of bugs or glitches doesn't actually mean those issues are widespread.... it doesn't answer WHO was 100% effect or not and someone not coming across those issues isn't lying, simply means they didn't get effected by the issue...... thats it.

You seem really, really upset that not everyone sees the game the same way as consider I'm not saying you are lying cause you disagree, I'm not sure why you can't respect people's views enough to do the same. So going to have to add you to that ignore list bud.

FUBARx89 FUBARx89 Agreed. I never had much issues if any with BFV or BF1 at launch or after. MCC and BF4 take the cake with launch issues imo.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Battlefield has an identity crisis. I don’t know the answer to how they make it relevant again, but the game is not engaging as is and it needs a revamp. This detour into WW1 and WW2 has been poison for the franchise IMO and the game needs A serious rethink to turn it around.

I disagree. I think the concept of BF is still very much intact and I once felt the same way when BF3 added team death match, but looking at it in hindsight, it still had the classic BF concept, simply needed to have such a game mode to stay relevant. Its why I didn't care that they added single player to the series with Bad Company 1 or Battle Royal with BFV etc. Those are needed to stay relevant, so long as they have the classic BF concept, I'm completely ok with those additions even if I don't play those modes myself. Like the co-op stuff, I don't play it (might have played it once in one of em), but I understand WHY its added and needed in this day and age.

Even with WWI and WWII, I love the modern setting of BF, but I don't feel the setting is "poison for the franchsie" as even if I don't care for those settings as I like the modern or futurist setting (Vietnam if we are even talking about an older war), but I don't view WWI or WWII versions of BF as poisoning the series.

BF1 is literally the best selling Battlefield game of all time right now...

So I feel the setting is subjective for many as we all have our favs, but not poison based on the reception BF1 actually got.
I think going modern shouldn't be seen as some "rethink" or turnaround as changing settings, time frames is all normal in the BF series. Its never been known to be about 1 war or 1 time etc.

I think the direction conceptually anyway is very solid and I'd be ok with them going down the same path in terms of free maps, weapons, no season pass, no MT (but if it must be, simply cosmetics like in BFV and completely optional), keep the fast TTK, more destruction, more things to build by different classes like a base and of course 128 player battles. If they are about to do more of the same in a different setting, I'll be ok with it.

I do believe they can make some old concepts return like Titan mode from 2142.

VN1X

Banned
For a start they should get the same animation quality of Modern Warfare. Oh and put in a proper Rush mode and maps that support it.

I don't care if things get bogged down to cheese-levels of idiocy like on Operation Metro or Grand Bazaar. Shit was fun as hell!

Good luck with that EA.

After what ActiBlizzision/Treyarch showed today. Battlefield is 876 different kinds of fucked on the shooter front.
the funny thing is that after Battlefield 4 was released it kind of felt like they could overtake CoD as the go to bro gamer shooter, I certainly know some people who made the switch early in the gen... because all the sci-fi elements in CoD put them off.

FrozenFlame

I was here thinking... Battlefield has these easter eggs that needs to be solved for something to happen... They wouldn't do that for an announcement, right? The ending of the video (the airplane and the clock) being the clue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom