• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 6 reveal wasn't tomorrow

Starfield

UPDATE: official battlefield twitter account has deleted their twitter. https://twitter.com/battlefield?lang=en
rebrand incoming?

edit: Today also marks Battlefield's 18th birthday of the franchise

Why?

Jackfrags (a popular youtuber and most known for his Battlefield videos, also a huge asslicking EA/DICE shill) posted a teaser with a ticking clock at the end of his last Battlefield "in retrospect" video about BFV
here: (watch the end)

He basically released a video about each mainline battlefield game with a gap of 3 days inbetween. At the end of Battlefield 5's video theres a weird teaser. Tomorrow it'll be 3 days since the BF5 video got posted.

Some DICE dev also tweeted the same teaser but cant find the link rn

Basically Battlefield 6 will be a reboot and possibly go beyond its usual 64 player setting to offer a 128 player game mode.

well see.

personally I might skip the next Battlefield game if they cant adress the ever growing cheating problem on PC and dont offer custom servers.

Last edited:

GymWolf

This is still crossgen so i'm not optimist about upgraded destruction that fully use the ryzens inside the consolles (or pc).

yunkaiza

Fuuuuuuuuuuck I want a return to modern BF so bad. I'm sick and fucking tired of MW19 horrendous map design, lag, dogshit spawns and unbalanced slightly P2W guns. I seriously hope EA doesn't fuck it up.

KaiserBecks

I‘d be surprised if they somehow managed not to fuck this up.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck I want a return to modern BF so bad. I'm sick and fucking tired of MW19 horrendous map design, lag, dogshit spawns and unbalanced slightly P2W guns. I seriously hope EA doesn't fuck it up.

I love MW19 and cant agree with any of this. To each their own I suppose.

Last edited:

Starfield

I wouldn't get my hopes up mate. This isn't the same DICE anymore that once created BF3 and 4.

On consoles you may be lucky bc there's next to no cheaters but on PC right now you get cheaters in EVERY SINGLE GAME. Literally. Sometimes you even get cheaters fighting against each other and bragging who can kill more people in one round than the other.

EA/DICE does nothing against the cheating problem. A short while ago one of the most watched Battlefield 5 streams on twitch was a cheating website promoting their battlefield cheats. EA don care.
If we would have custom servers they could be managed by moderators and admins and the cheating problem could be adressed quite easily but NOPE.

EA FUCKING DOESNT CARE

God, I hope they bring BF back to its former glory. I used to be a diehard fan, but BF1 and BFV have flat out killed my interest.

Also, Rainbow Six Siege overtook it as my all time favorite shooter. Still, it'd be great if I could have both.

Same. After the debacles of BF1 and especially BF5, I left, and don't think I will ever come back. What DICE did by releasing BF5 a year to two ahead of time was egregious, because it wasn't ready. You would think they had learned their lessons with BF4's launch, which was unplayable the first 6 -12 months, but they didn't.

BlackM1st

Banned
Man. Please be good.

BF4 is my most played game this gen after Overwatch and GTA O. Maybe even more than GTA O. Played it since PS3 closed beta.

How mighy have fallen. Damn Titanfall, damn Hardline, damn battlefront, damn bf1 and damn bfV to Hell. Because of all that trash we spend entire gen without a proper Next Gen Modern Warfare Battlefield. Bah. I'm still so freaking mad.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I could really use another BF. BFV was good during the Pacific Storm bit, then they ruined it. BF1 was just ok. Neither were nearly as fun or lasting as BC2, BF3, or BF4 for me.

And since I doubt they'll go the Bad Company route, just more BF3 and 4 please. It's so easy to pull it off too.

ZZZZ

What Battlefield maps were your favorite?
My favorite maps ever in Battlefield were the ones in BC2.

Special consideration would be Metro in BF3 because of the sheer chaos (great for aiming, recoil practice) and BF4 island map for vehicle warfare.

After the shit show that was BF1 and BFV, Im not convinced they know how to make a good BF game anymore. Also, I hope they go back to the season passes and complete expansions. Both suck but I would rather have a handful of maps released every few months that I would have to pay for than the base game to have a shit selection of maps out the gate and a molasses-slow trickle of maps a year after I stopped giving a fuck.

Paulxo87

I thought BF5 was good. It got even better with all the free map packs. 128 players is long overdue. I wish this was next gen only but I guess if it's going to have to support the S that hope is whatever you know? Please return to the current setting. Think BF4 but on steroids.

DonF

Please be more like Bad Company 2. BF One and V ...yeah I didnt like as much.
Add vaulting and we are set!

INC

needs to be a sandbox again

And I can dream, but vr support (not happening)

The ultimate dream, bfbc2 remastered in vr oooft

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
If I were Ubisoft or Activision I would be looking at a Battlefield style title to fill the void after Battlefield V and how frustrated fans of that series are with EA.

Activision could ditch the annual COD titles and have Treyarch on the "Battlefield" series while Infinity Ward does the traditional COD (seriously how have they not turned COD in to proper live game/platform title?). Ubisoft could create a whole new Tom Clancy series to compete with Battlefield. Pretty large market, doesn't exactly compete directly with a title that either offers, and plenty of ways to monetize.

MiguelItUp

I just want a new and exceptional Battlefield game. V was such a mess, I'm glad I avoided it.

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member
Why?

Jackfrags (a popular youtuber and most known for his Battlefield videos, also a huge asslicking EA/DICE shill) posted a teaser with a ticking clock at the end of his last Battlefield "in retrospect" video about BFV
here: (watch the end)

He basically released a video about each mainline battlefield game with a gap of 3 days inbetween. At the end of Battlefield 5's video theres a weird teaser. Tomorrow it'll be 3 days since the BF5 video got posted.

Some DICE dev also tweeted the same teaser but cant find the link rn

Basically Battlefield 6 will be a reboot and possibly go beyond its usual 64 player setting to offer a 128 player game mode.

well see.

personally I might skip the next Battlefield game if they cant adress the ever growing cheating problem on PC and dont offer custom servers.

Good luck with that EA.

After what ActiBlizzision/Treyarch showed today. Battlefield is 876 different kinds of fucked on the shooter front.

Last edited:

TheContact

3 and 4 were amazing battlefield games. Really immersive, the customizations were awesome and the maps were well designed for the most part. 1 was OK, not great but nowhere near as good as 3 or 4, then 5 came out and oh boy...what a terrible game. If 6 is anything like 1 or 5 I'm going to have zero interest in it. I'm staying positive because I think they've hopefully taken the criticism to heart and will go back to their roots, but EA's tendrils are likely suffocating DICE while they force them to include things that make EA the most money, but ruin the experience for the average gamer.

BlackM1st

Banned
If I were Ubisoft or Activision I would be looking at a Battlefield style title to fill the void after Battlefield V and how frustrated fans of that series are with EA.

Activision could ditch the annual COD titles and have Treyarch on the "Battlefield" series while Infinity Ward does the traditional COD (seriously how have they not turned COD in to proper live game/platform title?). Ubisoft could create a whole new Tom Clancy series to compete with Battlefield. Pretty large market, doesn't exactly compete directly with a title that either offers, and plenty of ways to monetize.
Activision doesn't need it. Unfortunately.

They don't see Battlefield as a worthy competitor. Sadly, but even the best entries like 3 or 4 sold less than worst annual CoDs. Why would Activision invest and loose money when they can just continue to do what they are doing and be in black every year?

They see battle royale as their competition and they work hard on making Warzone an evergreen unswer to that.

BF 3/4 style modern setting, destruction, maps made for either conquest or rush, no campaign and no battle pass/season pass for maps and guns.

Then we might get something decent.

Klik

I would be ok with BF3 remake with updated graphics, 3d audio, bigger player count,better destruction etc.

And then in 2023 new Battlefield made for next gen only

Relativ9

God, I hope they bring BF back to its former glory. I used to be a diehard fan, but BF1 and BFV have flat out killed my interest.

Also, Rainbow Six Siege overtook it as my all time favorite shooter. Still, it'd be great if I could have both.

Pretty much in the same boat, except it's Tarkov and not Siege that's overtaken my shooter time.

Senua

Just basically remake this. ty

51SRQE869DL.jpg

Hope they go back to a modern (or 80's "hot" cold war) for the setting but definitely no future shit. V had a few good maps but overall sucked. 1 was a disappointment for me because I had hoped they might try to go more towards semi-auto weapons to reflect the period but nope. Fucking loved 4 once they got multiplayer running on X1 (like a month after launch lol).

I don't even care about a new one for now, if they aren't going to take advantage of the new systems. Just give me an X1X patch for BF4 and I'll be set for a while longer.

Top Bottom