• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 6 reveal wasn't tomorrow

FrozenFlame

no no no, BF3 is very different to BF4

even then we are stuck on 720p for BF4 on xbox :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Yeah, I know. But it was kinda of a (mini) remake in the sense that they've adapted the maps to BF4 gameplay. I seriously doubt they'll just remaster BF3, so expect some changes to the formula.

Caspien border. Forever in my heart in 3 and 4.

Eh, I wish they included Damavand peak on the dlc map pack. It was somewhat unique the map transition they made for it.

Last edited:

FUBARx89

Yeah, I know. But it was kinda of a (mini) remake in the sense that they've adapted the maps to BF4 gameplay. I seriously doubt they'll just remaster BF3, so expect some changes to the formula.

Eh, I wish they included Damavand peak on the dlc map pack. It was somewhat unique the map transition they made for it.

I quite liked Kharg Island I think it was.

Man, as shit as I was at BF3 on last gen consoles, it was still a great game

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Cool, can not wait! BF5 was not my cup of tea for some reason but I believe Dice can do something better this time.

R6Rider

Gold Member
the @battlefield twitter apparently is gone....weird

Yeah the devs have been tweeting some cryptic type of messages lately. Including a strand of numbers, saying the account is gone due to "technical difficulties" and while using winking emoji, and making robot noises lol

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
Battlefield 1942 with the Desert Combat Mod was great back in the day, those physics though...always fun to see a 60 tonne tank flipped over by a lone bush in the desert. :)

Imotekh

Last time I enjoyed a Battlefield game was 4, I played BF1 and BF5 but they just weren't very enjoyable. Maybe it is something as simple as them not having helicopters? Or maybe it's just that there have been few really really good maps put out by DICE recently. I'm not even sure BF4s maps were that great. I know Operation Metro was a garbage fire but BF3 had a ton of excellent maps.

Captn

My thoughts are you are an idiot.
It is BFV.
You could of simply answered without the idiot and would of been fine! No need to insult people but it's ok parents don't always do a good job raising children.. I forgive them 🙂

Last edited:
if they are rebooting a previous game then i sure hope its BF3.

it had the perfect blend of rush and conquest. I desperately miss rush on maps designed around rush.

As long as they fire the BF5 art director and goes back to their roots avoiding all these gimmicky game mechanics this could be good.
I don't want innovation. I want Battlefield with more guns, more vehicles and more graffix goddamnit.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Never played it, seems to have been amazing. Graphics were already great for the time from what I saw.
Way smaller scale, definitely a case of a small cult for loud minority. 2, 3 and 4 are vastly superior. Ppl love bc because it was tailored for consoles. Now PC and console are in par so there's no reason for bc side series existence.

notseqi

Way smaller scale, definitely a case of a small cult for loud minority. 2, 3 and 4 are vastly superior. Ppl love bc because it was tailored for consoles. Now PC and console are in par so there's no reason for bc side series existence.
That's why I went from PS3 to PC for BF3, only 24 players felt wrong on the bigger maps.

Klik

BATTLEFIELD 5 wasn't a bad game. Pacific update was a right path for the game until they made a terrible choice of weird "weapon balance" update that nobody asked for. They spend so much time on fixing something that was not broken instead of improving an actual game. Instead of trying to "fix" weapons they should have made Eastern Front maps and maps like Stalingrad, Dday etc..
Worst thing of all is that we're gonna have to wait another 10 years for WW2 battlefield

Battlefield twitter is gone so i guess they will rebrand it.

BATTLEFIELD 5 wasn't a bad game. Pacific update was a right path for the game until they made a terrible choice of weird "weapon balance" update that nobody asked for. They spend so much time on fixing something that was not broken instead of improving an actual game. Instead of trying to "fix" weapons they should have made Eastern Front maps and maps like Stalingrad, Dday etc..
Worst thing of all is that we're gonna have to wait another 10 years for WW2 battlefield

Agreed on the Pacific part, it was the peak for BFV and then went downhill. So much time and manpower wasted.
Also just think about BFV if it had Normandy, Pacific, Berlin, Stalingrad and all the other well known battles. Man, would have been great.
But we got trashy battlefields no one heard of.
Don't get me wrong, after they fixed the Gunplay (how often was that changed, lol) it had one of the best gun and gameplays of all Battlefield titles, imo.

Starfield

IMO Battlefield V never took the "right" path from the get go. They've lied so much since the very reveal of the first trailer.

Game was and is a mess to this date.

So many promises they never delivered on and flat out LIES.

Heres what I got:

• Air takedowns (+ new animations that arent back prone)
  • 5v5 mode
  • New combat roles
  • Soldier dragging
  • Crash landings

This is just a small list of promised features that were never delivered on.

I could also talk endlessly on missing custom servers, moderation, no anti hack with ravaging hackers in every game, the list goes on and on..

GymWolf

Now we have a problem Bruddah. Nah, jk.
Loved BC2 as well but so did I BF3/4.
tbh i'm not a huge fan of military fps in general.
the only one i really enjoyed was medal of honor on psx and ps2 and rainbow six 3\black arrow on xbox og.

and soldier of fortune because i love gore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom