• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline trailer Leaked?/Intentional? - Release Date: October 21.

So with this we now know the first hour of Sony's conference. 20 minutes for Battlefield: Hardline, 20 minutes for AC Unity and 20 minutes for Destiny.

Lakitu

st5fu
mqdefault.jpg

Where's this from?

kanuuna

That counts as a leak? :/ I'm more concerned about the "absence" of news from Sony.

I suppose a Guerrilla employee got out there and said it, but I really had expected to see that game. I certainly didn't expect anyone to out that it was a no show.

fasTRapid

Banned
Sony co-marketing confirmed.

Sony now has Assassin's Creed Unity, Battlefield Hardline and Destiny. Maybe even Far Cry 4, if they want to extend it.

Microsoft has Call of Duty.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Probably unpopular opinion but:

What the fuck has happened to the Battlefield franchise? As someone's who's been playing since BF2....just jesus christ.

And yeah I know, if you don't want it don't buy it yada yada.

Among other things, Medal of Honor happened. And because of how spectacularly it happened all over the floor, now every 6-8 months EA needs to put out a new Battlefield game.

S¡mon

Banned
Sony co-marketing confirmed.

Sony now has Assassin's Creed Unity, Battlefield Hardline and Destiny. Maybe even Far Cry 4, if they want to extend it.

Microsoft has Call of Duty.

Why does everybody assume AC Unity? I believe there's no prove for that at all?

HariKari

Among other things, Medal of Honor happened. And because of how spectacularly it happened all over the floor, now every 6-8 months EA needs to put out a new Battlefield game.

Warfighter MP wasn't actually that bad. A lot of ideas from it were put into BF4. A good studio working on MoH again is what needs to happen, not the shameless whoring of the Battlefield name.

Man, that unprecedented partnership EA had with MS sure did last long. It makes sense that they are advertising with PS4 since the Xbone version of BF4's population is MUCH smaller than the PS4's.

To be fair, EA's "unprecedented partnership" with MS did last longer than their "unprecedented partnership" with Nintendo. Maybe EA should just stop trying "unprecedented partnership"s, they don't seem to work out too well for them.

S¡mon;114923734 said:

The AC franchise has a history of being advertised with PlayStation, and just recently we got Watch_Dogs advertised for PS.

Sayers

Probably unpopular opinion but:

What the fuck has happened to the Battlefield franchise? As someone's who's been playing since BF2....just jesus christ.

And yeah I know, if you don't want it don't buy it yada yada.

"If we make this game exactly like Call of Duty, we will get Call of Duty sales. Right?"

Sorral

I think the original leaked stuff mentioned it revolved around the LAPD/SWAT.

Ah so LAPD, because this is the side of the car, which is like SWAT, but the city is unreadable.
6q78ofEgbAasicpvrgpK4nWAC7JEA.jpg

It does seem to have improved its overall look, but I really still want to see that UI first. >_>

fasTRapid

Banned
S¡mon;114923734 said:
You mean besides every previous Assassin's Creed entry having a PlayStation stamp? No, I guess no prove at all.

Foshy

I hope the PS4 logo at the end doesn't mean that it's going to be at Sony's conference. I don't want them to waste time on this when EA has their own show.

psn

Warfighter MP wasn't actually that bad. A lot of ideas from it were put into BF4. A good studio working on MoH again is what needs to happen, not the shameless whoring of the Battlefield name.

Yeah, like the claymores for example. I had much fun with moh: wf.
except for the spawnkilling on some maps

shanew21

Man, that unprecedented partnership EA had with MS sure did last long. It makes sense that they are advertising with PS4 since the Xbone version of BF4's population is MUCH smaller than the PS4's.

To be fair, EA's "unprecedented partnership" with MS did last longer than their "unprecedented partnership" with Nintendo. Maybe EA should just stop trying "unprecedented partnership"s, they don't seem to work out too well for them.

The AC franchise has a history of being advertised with PlayStation, and just recently we got Watch_Dogs advertised for PS.

Most likely due to Titanfall. The only exclusive competition Battlefield has on PS4 is Killzone and I hear the pop numbers on that are really low.

S¡mon

Banned
Sure, but these marketing deals can change every other year. Who knows, they may have lost AC marketing deal. Although, sure, it's not unlikely that Sony still has a deal for AC.

Watch_Dogs proves, really, nothing, as that marketing deal was made last year (maybe even 2012, but I can't remember).

Loudninja

I hope the PS4 logo at the end doesn't mean that it's going to be at Sony's conference. I don't want them to waste time on this when EA has their own show.
These are huge games,to expect not to seem that at MS and Sony conference to me is silly.

EmpReb

Banned
"If we make this game exactly like Call of Duty, we will get Call of Duty sales. Right?"
Yeah... great idea meanwhile the player base you built on BC2 and BF3 would probably go back to COD if you do that since BF trying to do COD is worse than a cod game being bad.

velociraptor

Sony obviously needs to show games at their conference.

None of their first party looks like they'll be there!

fasTRapid

Banned
I'm only focusing on this year's releases. The Division (Xbox) and Batman (PlayStation) are 2015.

These are huge games,to expect not to seem that at MS and Sony conference to me is silly.
I believe, we'll only see a trailer at Sony's presser, and have a big multiplayer battle live on EA's stage. Sony's packed.

S¡mon;114924853 said:
Definitely. And not to forget, FIFA 14 which is huge in Europe.
It didn't do anything for Xbox here, though.

Top Bottom