• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront II to feature in-game currency, loot boxes, crafting (affects gameplay)

Tic174

This sucks, if there's not a big out cry you just know every one else is gona do this in there games aswell.

But as mentioned, you can still get any legendary you want by using the other currency. Just takes some time.

Im pretty sure he says in the video that you cant, legendary cards can only be obtained in the loot boxes.

Yikes. Listening to these guys talk in the video was weird. I am sure some people are stoked for RNG progression like this guy but I don't like it.

I thought it was weird as well, then I found out it was a sponsored video so I guess it makes sense.

Was always going to be the case now that they scrap season pass DLC.
They had to make progression so we feel compelled to spend money instead of just keeping loot boxes to cosmetics.

Why I ever give EA the benefit of the doubt on this I'll never know.

Edit: having watched the full video yeah this is horrible. Spending money will easily help in matches.

OléGunner;242167752 said:
Was always going to be the case now that they scrap season pass DLC.
They had to make progression so we feel compelled to spend money instead of just keeping loot boxes to cosmetics.

Why I ever give EA the benefit of the doubt on this I'll never know.

Edit: having watched the full video yeah this is horrible. Spending money will easily help in matches.
Read my post on the last page, it won't.

gatti-man

Just judging by the Alpha of BF2 I really don't care. Game is ridiculously immersive and an authentic Star Wars experience. If it's a tad imbalanced I doubt I'll be able to tell with all the power weapons, Jedi/sith, and vehicles running around.

Ugh. More unlocking bullshit to try to get players to keep with the game longer.
Except it's RNG, so it's worse than the ol COD4 system of leveling up.

I seriously miss when multiplayer games (shooters really) just gave you everything, and let your skill decide how well you played.

The first DICE SW Battlefront suffered from this type of shit, because everyone who got that one sniper rifle that actually shot bullets and that homing missle would destroy anyone who still hadn't unlocked it.

At least grinding would fix that in a pretty fixed amount of time.
This, you could grind and the good thing might be your last unlock. It's possible.

After playing Pokemon Sun and Moon last year, I decided I was no longer going to spend time in games rolling and rerolling until I got something.
It's why I quit Fire Emblem Heroes so soon. Felt like it was all luck, and no clever design to follow/solve.
RNG is barely game design. It's just lazy, but it triggers something in our brains that keep us fixed on completing tedious things.
I hate it.

I was really going to buy this after seeing gameplay in E3 coverage. I love Star Wars, shooters are alright with me after recovering from playing too many last gen, and it looks amazing.
However, after hearing this news, I would rather not play it only to feel that I need to play it more before I can play the way I want to play. Or worse, I don't want to feel that I'm being outgunned because someone rolled better.

I miss the old Kanye.

oldmanyellsatcloud.png

I'm in my 20's, though.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
The RNG can be completely bypassed by normal play, OP editorialized the title.
I guess I'll be wait a few weeks after I have it to really grumble about it.

Regardless, it's one of the worst ways to go about it but really how many cosmetics can you do that are meaningful in the least? Not many if at all...

Top Bottom