• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlezone '98 REDUX now out on Steam (FPS/RTS/Tank sim hybrid)

docbon

If anyone is interested, an expansion for Redux was announced yesterday.

QLTO6Vh.png

Featuring new campaigns, factions, multiplayer maps and more, THE RED ODYSSEY content has been much sought-after by Battlezone fans as the original expansion never saw a release outside of North America. Like the base game, this expansion is receiving the same loving remaster treatment courtesy of Big Boat Interactive.

THE RED ODYSSEY expansion will launch simultaneously on Steam and other platforms later this summer.

BATTLEZONE 98 REDUX: THE RED ODYSSEY expansion includes:
  • Two new factions: The NDSF Black Dogs and the Chinese Red Army.
  • 23 missions across two new campaigns.
  • 30 powerful new vehicle and building units.
  • 5 new multiplayer maps.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/301650/announcements/detail/869573029731141341

Akoi

Yes! I wanted the expansion the moment this came out! Glad to see that this is doing well enough for them to continue development for this title, this was one of my favorite games from the 90's and they honestly dont make games like this anymore.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Ah excellent, despite being a huge Battlezone fanboy I've never actually played Red Odyssey. I never once saw a copy of it in the store.

Any idea if the second game will get the same treatment? It was on of the first PC games I ever bought and I played the hell out of it.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Does the Redux treatment help it hold up to today's standards? I thought this game was incredibly fun and innovative when it came out. Truly a surprise hit for me. I recommend you try it if you didn't get a chance back when it first came out.

gamermike

Neo Member
the original Battlezone had joystick setups and that carried over into the Redux with additional setups for the Xbox pads.

Top Bottom