• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Import |OT| In The Land Of The Rising Touch

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Jesus, it's 2pm here and I'm just waking up, this is what happens when you play Bayonetta until 6am in the morning I guess!

Hmm, so did anyone in Europe pick the game up? I'm hoping to test out the multiplayer mode later tonight, would be great to have a local partner. : D
How far did you get?
No wikis are up to chapter 8 yet, and I'm still struggling with that last record piece. :p

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I have never enjoyed a Platinum game, but I'm excited for Bayonetta 1+2.

She looks like a great and very stylish character.

Wait.... you've played Vanquish right? Also it's a very un game but it gets a lot better on successive playthroughs due to all the unlockables are your increase in skill level.

The two games are night and day.

lol, not really

People make the PS3 version sound like it was a fuckin' GB port of a SNES game.

The framerate on avg is lower, but the game its the same. Lets not pretend the 360 version was close to 60 at all, or it didn't break down in the same area(tower area with all the orange platforms, boss climbing up the skyscrapper, etc)

Lucael

What about music? Anything close to choral music bgm like in the bosses of the first Bayo? Boss themes were some of the best tracks in the game for me, especially Sapientia and The Great Jubilee.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
lol, not really

The framerate on avg is lower, but the game its the same. Lets not pretend the 360 version was close to 60 at all, or it didn't break down in the same area(tower area with all the orange platforms, boss climbing up the skyscrapper, etc)

There's no telling people that on here

360 actually got worse when you installed it. Both versions had problems but were 100% playable

Astral Dog

lol, not really

I didnt play that version, but i remember complaining about worse textures and longer loading times,but if thats the only system you can play it on, its not that bad.

I would say yes, it helps too if you are interested in the other games and can find it cheaper than the normal price, or from Nintendo.

Yeah was always planing to buy one. But I just needed to figure out when. I was either going to get it now for Bayo or wait later for Zelda or Xenoblade.

Lucael

I have another question, you can play it with the standard Wii U controller or the Wii U Pro Controller is the best way?
Thank you

I have another question, you can play it with the standard Wii U controller or the Wii U Pro Controller is the best way?
Thank you

Personal preference.

They made the WiiU controller work pretty well with the gam

Regardless, whatever controller feels the most comfortable to you will be the way you should play

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just cleared the game, played on normal, got all weapons and tried to find as many secrets as I could. According to the game it was on for 17 hours, but I wasn't playing the whole time.
I had a blast, the pacing felt much better than in 1.
I'll try the online mode tomorrow and will sell the game after that. :p

Just cleared the game, played on normal, got all weapons and tried to find as many secrets as I could. According to the game it was on for 17 hours, but I wasn't playing the whole time.
I had a blast, the pacing felt much better than in 1.
I'll try the online mode tomorrow and will sell the game after that. :p

Have you gotten to play around with the weapons enough to feel like you understand the feel of them? If so, how do you feel the shift of focus from firearms to more varied weapon types affects the combat? Does the variety improve things or do you sometimes find yourself wishing for the shotguns/rocket launchers/etc?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Have you gotten to play around with the weapons enough to feel like you understand the feel of them? If so, how do you feel the shift of focus from firearms to more varied weapon types affects the combat? Does the variety improve things or do you sometimes find yourself wishing for the shotguns/rocket launchers/etc?
I must say that I'm loving the change in weapons. I'm not a fan of guns in DMC-like games and I'm rarely using them aside from dealing with small flying enemies and connecting combos, so I can't complain about available tools of destruction in Bayonetta 2.
The new bow makes strong ranged attacks possible and as for a shotgun, scythe's charge attack has you covered.
I don't think I was in a situation where I thought "I wish I had more guns" while playing.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Played a bit of that online co-op mode. While it's a fun little distraction and a quick way to earn halos, it's not enough for me to keep my copy.
In general, I think Bayonetta 2 is a great game and every fan of the first one who owns a Wii U should get it.

Mechazawa

lol, not really

It's not the same game by virtue of how much lower the framerate gets. The 360 version is rough(and so is 2 apparently, if DF is anything to go by) but at the end of the day, this is not how anyone was ever supposed to play Bayonetta. And I can't believe any action game fan would ever say otherwise.

(The 360 version of that area, for reference.)

It's not the same game by virtue of how much lower the framerate gets. The 360 version is rough(and so is 2 apparently, if DF is anything to go by) but at the end of the day, this is not how anyone was ever supposed to play Bayonetta. And I can't believe any action game fan would ever say otherwise.[/URL])
Oh, Jesus. That has to be pre-patch, right? My game never slowed down to a crawl like that. That doesn't even look playable.

chadboban

Finally.

This, my friends, is what bayonetta is about. Dat breakdance combo. Yum.

bayo2combonhzxk.gif

Amazing. Can't wait to use that bow!

Ak80Yj.gif

K.Sabot

jesus christ from what I'm looking at this may be the best game I might play in years.

Of course I may always be wrong, but this looks so fun.

Persona7

Banned
The patch doesn't do anything for framerate; only the loading times.

This is correct. A lot of people have the impression that the patch fixed all of the issues and made it closer to the 360 version. That is completely false. The patch did nothing except allow you to install the game to the hard drive which cleared up a few loading issues. The terrible framerate, glitches, lower quality textures and other problems still persist.

K.Sabot

Anything about a review embargo?

What's keeping people from reviewing the game if the JP version is the same as the english, but one month early?

imae

I couldn't resist watching just a little of Maximilian's stream, as the video quality is always amazing on his channel and at 60fps too.

The game looks so slick, the art direction really is distinct and those animations are setting standards. The game may have a variable frame rate, but it certainly still seems to have that 60fps shine to it.

OK I'm definitely on media blackout from here on, must be strong.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Well I've got a copy but I never played B1 so am going through that first.

Fun game so far. Hated the PS3 demo back in the day but this version is great!

Anbec7

Oh man I need more songs from this game!
We only got Moon River and tomorrow is mine? no "battle music" yet?
I hope is better than the first one :)

Top Bottom