• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta (North America/Europe) - January 2010

Robot 492

Banned
"Market Analysis"

I take it they saw Modern Warfare 2 was releasing around the same time and decided to delay their game like everyone else :lol

Q1 2010 is gonna be crazy for games...

anddo0

Good: I get to purchase two more PSP games this fall.

Bad: Yet another console game I wanted pushed back to 2010.

So now it looks like only (Uncharted 2, R&C, Assassins Creed 2, NGS2) in 09' for me.

jj984jj said:
I doubt they did this to avoid Q4 titles, it's not like Q1 2010 is going to be clear either. :\

Yeah, but this can only be good for sales.

Also, i like the fact that they are so straightfoward about why they are pushing it.

gutter_trash said:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-3h9h-4-6.html
alright, Sega America loses money. I am importing this, Asian version for PS3.
Sega of America, are you reading this? you lose money here!
there
It will be mine by November.

I really do not want this to be too close to God Of War III's launch in March, allow me time to enjoy this for Pete's sake

Its even cheaper if you import then if you bought in stores here anyway. Sega isn't losing money when you buy/import the game : )

2009 takes a hit for losing GOTY (PSP will dominate my line-up this Fall I guess..), but this will undoubtedly be better for the game. Well done Sega! I applaud you! Very good move.

Lost Planet 2 and Bayonetta early 2010 for the fucking win!

Valkyr Junkie said:
Everything is getting bumped to 2010. I guess everyone's afraid of the Halo/CoD tag team.

Pretty much.

I rarely buy action games of that style anymore but Bayonetta has me interested.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
TheOddOne said:
FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK

Is this GAF's offcial "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" audio file?

NSFW audio careful what key you press just press "F"

http://www.rathergood.com/buffy

:lol :lol :lol

Paracelsus

Stoney Mason said:
Pretty much.

Rather, Halo and CoD are the only upcoming brands that are recession-proof.

And then you wonder why Sony 2nd half of 2009 line up is SO slim (pun not intended).

That pretty much seals it for me: 2009 went away as one heck of a shitty gaming year.

*spits*

there!
I just pre-ordered the import Asian version, it is actually cheaper than buying it from a store here.

So, I will have something to play in November

region free PS3 FTW

Well that sucks.
EDIT: Do we know if any other versions (PS3) will have English? If I have the cash I'd be tempted to import it.

ihadFG

Neo Member
I'm actually kind of glad that all these games are getting pushed back. Now I'll have more time to catch up on my backlog. Plus Modern Warfare 2 is going to take up most of my gaming time for a few months at least.

Meadows

Banned
09 is getting real slim, real fast :(.

Outside of Trine (PSN), PES 2010, Uncharted 2, Borderlands, Assassins Creed II and MW2 I'm not really looking forward to anything.

MvmntInGrn said:
Well that sucks.
EDIT: Do we know if any other versions (PS3) will have English? If I have the cash I'd be tempted to import it.

The voice acting will be in English, and that's all you'll really need to understand since it's a pure action game.

MvmntInGrn said:
Well that sucks.
when both Asian and Japanese versions are availbe, always go for Asian if you want English.

the Asian copies of Street Fighter IV had English and Western names.
the Japanes copies of Street Fighter IV PS3 had Japanese with Japanese names.

I buy Asia PSP games and there are English

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Of all the games showed, I'd never guess this would get delayed to 2010. :/
O well, still day one for sure.

Hunahan

Banned
Where's that "Christmas 09 - worst lineup ever?" thread at?

I suddenly feel like I have something to post in it...

SolidSnakex said:
The voice acting will be in English, and that's all you'll really need to understand since it's a pure action game.
Great, after I pick up or pay for the other games I want this year I may pick it up.

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
son of a bitch... truly this is the slimmest holiday season for gaming in quite some time, and I'm sure the delays are not over with yet
I was thinking the samething, and man this delay bums me out :/

The japanese version will probably be english anyway. At least for the most part. I guess it wont be very problematic to play the japanese import.

EagleEyes

January it is then. Shadow Complex, Trine, ODST, MW2, Forza 3, SC: Conviction, Uncharted 2, Splosion Man, AC II, Batman :AA and L4D2 will be more than enough to make 2009 a great year.

If all these games get moved to early next year, wont that time get too busy for games creating another delay, and then it all happens over and over until no games ever get released again.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
gutter_trash said:
when both Asian and Japanese versions are availbe, always go for Asian if you want English.

the Asian copies of Street Fighter IV had English and Western names.
the Japanes copies of Street Fighter IV PS3 had Japanese with Japanese names.

I buy Asia PSP games and there are English

I'm importing as well. Thanks for the link. :D

BlueWord

This sucks for me, as I was really looking forward to playing it this holiday season.

However, this is definitely a wise move from a sales perspective; releasing a game like Bayonette in the midst of the holiday season strikes me as a bad move. This will give the game a chance to get more exposure, and perhaps, more sales.

Artadius

2cfzbpx.jpg

Paracelsus said:
That pretty much seals it for me: 2009 went away as one heck of a shitty gaming year.

*spits*

Well for me fall 2009 is still shaping up quite nice.

I only buy a handful of games anyway during the fall.

MW 2 has been my most anticipated game of the year for a while.
Splinter Cell looks pretty good.
And Forza has me looking towards it even though I'm not a huge racing fan.
The Ballad of Gay Tony.

Throw in some mix of AC 2, Borderlands.

I'm cool. Although I agree it is shooter heavy.

The spring of 2010 is working out well also. I think it's a good thing. It's better to have a balanced yearly line-up than an over-stuffed fall.

So now I have to buy No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle and this in the same month.

Oh well, I hope it's at least LATE January 2010. I'll buy both regardless, and if it's import friendly I'll have to consider that
, and then I'll probably double dip at US release

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
son of a bitch... truly this is the slimmest holiday season for gaming in quite some time, and I'm sure the delays are not over with yet

Depends on the system. 360 is all booked up.

lupinko

Space A Cobra said:
Whatever.

Import the buggy Japanese version then purchase the improved US version when it hits.

Who said anything about the US version being improved? This is obviously a "we don't want to be mauled by MW2 and Halo ODST" move. :lol :lol :lol

badcrumble said:
Man, what happened to 2009?

[
Well if you own a PS3 only I can see how this would be unfulfilling for you. As within the last month 3 proposed holiday season games for the system were delayed til next year. [an extension to my previous post]

Top Bottom