• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta out on Steam (4K, dual audio), $19.99, PC launch trailer, dev diary

Lime

Beat the game an hour ago. I totally see why it's such a cherished game for so many people - definitely a very well-crafted action game with attention to detail and high production values. With the bike section and surfboard section I wonder how a Tomb Raider game would fit such a varied take on different extravagant gameplay scenarios.

The narrative is not very well told or particularly interesting, and the art direction becomes so ridiculous that it's good, yet it's definitely the scenarios and the combat mechanics that are absolutely sublime - probably the best I've ever tried (haven't played Bayo 2 though, so we'll see).

Golnei

I never realised these alternate versions of the opening narration existed - the Enzo one seems like it was more of a joke (though given his role in delivering exposition, I guess it's not really that out of place), but the rest of them could easily have been used in place of the Antonio one in the final game with little changing tonally.

Enzo
Rodin
Luka
Umbran Elder
Father Balder

UrbanRats

Beat the game an hour ago. I totally see why it's such a cherished game for so many people - definitely a very well-crafted action game with attention to detail and high production values. With the bike section and surfboard section I wonder how a Tomb Raider game would fit such a varied take on different extravagant gameplay scenarios.

The narrative is not very well told or particularly interesting, and the art direction becomes so ridiculous that it's good, yet it's definitely the scenarios and the combat mechanics that are absolutely sublime - probably the best I've ever tried (haven't played Bayo 2 though, so we'll see).

I think Bayo 2 is better in almost every way.
There are some problems in how it handles combos, but if you're not a hardcore player, you probably won't notice (it's a bit more lenient, basically) and the final boss isn't as bombastic, but graphically is much better (no more piss filter) the QTEs aren't as annoying, and the pacing in general feels better and more varied.
Also, i didn't hate the kid in Bayo 2, but i know i'm in the minority.

I love both games though.

Random info:
I reinstalled steam because of technical issues and I'm in the process of reinstalling most games. I thought I was safe with having the Bayonetta savefiles from this location: <Steam>\userdata\<user-id>\460790\

It didn't work, at least not in the way I thought it would. I had a 200 hours+ savegame with most of the chapters in platinum and pure platinum but after putting the savefiles back into that location the savegames didn't show up in the list, everything was empty.

I could say "continue game" and it brought me to where I was before reinstalling steam. I was playing with Jeanne, after exiting the chapter and saving manually, Jeannes progress was available again. But my savefiles with Bayonetta are gone :( I can only start a new game with Bayo/Jeanne or Little Zero but that will be from the start without the unlocks and chapter results.

Well, it's not going to be the last time I have played this game :)
but I think I take a breather for now.

Any reason you didn't use the Steam Cloud save?

I never used cloudsaves ever, but I have enabled them now. I can't remember the reason why I've chosen to disable them for all games... (probably my slow ass internet connection and games with huge savefiles, I really need better internet.)

IbukiLordSA

Should I be running this with HDR and V-Sync on? In the graphics options I have V-Sync on but HDR off, don't have an HDR screen?

I just started playing the game for the first time on PC, every time I play this game it just cements my opinion of this being the pinnacle of the genre. 4th time I have bought this game :p

Neptonic

Should I be running this with HDR and V-Sync on? In the graphics options I have V-Sync on but HDR off, don't have an HDR screen?

I just started playing the game for the first time on PC, every time I play this game it just cements my opinion of this being the pinnacle of the genre. 4th time I have bought this game :p
Are you getting screen tearing? Turn VSYNC on if you are and it annoys you.
The HDR in this game isn't the screen technology HDR, it's the Half Life 2 Lost Coast HDR, which is just fancy Bloom lighting stuff, so i'd turn that on.

Read this for more help: http://www.pcgamer.com/bayonetta-pc-port-analysis-durantes-verdict/

Top Bottom