• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beautiful COLORFUL games.

pashmilla

Banned
Kingdoms of Amalur was pretty colorful.

Came here to post this.

amu2.jpg

Kingdoms-of-Amalur-006.jpg

You wouldn't guess it from the generic beige box art, but that game is stunning.

Zia

Mario Kart 8 is a rapturous toy box. Not sure if even the likes of Smash Bros or Bloodborne will best it as the prettiest next-gen game so far. Runners-up for recent, colorful beauties would be Super Mario 3D World, Tearaway, BioShock Infinite and Fez.

Kentucky Route Zero has some glorious use of color but I think it's a little too muted for a topic like this.

3bdelilah

Banned
Besides all the obvious choices, I really liked how Darksiders II was (or felt) a lot more colourful than its predecessor. Compared to the first one, there's a lot of vibrant colours and it felt very refreshing. I came to hate the greyish, destroyed Earth design from the first one. I understand the setting, but it could easily be more colourful. Like The Last of Us for example, we all know the dire circumstances, but there are still kind of lush environments to see.

Any how, Darksiders II:

Top5_2_Pic1.jpg

Such a colorful game. Loved the artstyle/direction as well. If they ever make a Kameo 2, I hope they don't change that aspect of it.

Chastten

Banned
I won't deny this game had it's flaws but Eternal Sonata is still one of my favorite JRPG's of last gen (behind Xenoblade & Vesperia) and it looks great IMO. First time I entered Chorus Plains was breathtaking at the time. Also loved the look of the ice palace and town but can't find a decent screenshot right now.

Servbot24

Banned
Some of the screens in here are really hideous. Every color thrown on top of each other is generally not beautiful, but tasteless. Splatoon and Puppeteer are the only pleasing images on this page to me.

nsignific

Banned
Love this thread, just full of games I love.

For me, it's World of Warcraft. I loved the ambient in the last expansion

cefizelj-1.gif
[/url]

Top Bottom