• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Being kept up by mosquitos

MMaRsu

Banned
So normally I sleep in my own house, mosquito free. Today Im sleeping elsewhere, yet they dont really pay attention to closing windows with lights inside on.

So now its 03:30am and Ive been lying awake for two hours because Im getting demolished by mosquitos.

Conclusion: Fuck you mosquitos Ill exterminate your entire bloodline

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
So normally I sleep in my own house, mosquito free. Today Im sleeping elsewhere, yet they dont really pay attention to closing windows with lights inside on.

So now its 03:30am and Ive been lying awake for two hours because Im getting demolished by mosquitos.

Conclusion: Fuck you mosquitos Ill exterminate your entire bloodline
I support your endeavor. I was outside doing some gardening and got ate up again.

BlackTron

Yea fuck mosquitos, but also what the hell are those people thinking? Windows wide open, AND lights on? Fuck that shit, too. Mosquitos are born to seek out our blood, so they get a gold star for taking advantage of human's foolishness, which were born with far larger brains.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Use this

These are great
I travel with two
Not the big ones, have different solutions for home.
YxFKr72.jpg

Only trick is you can't fly with the mini propane tanks.

Last edited:

HoodWinked

I went to the Philippines in some remote mountain village with a group and we stayed at a church and it was essentially just an open building where there was just a large cut outs for windows. Mosquitos completely wrecked us from head to toe. Pretty much didn't get any sleep for the first couple days. I know the struggle.

ahtlas7

Geomancer86

Neo Member
If you don't want to get mosquito tablets the best you can do is have a oscillating fan covering your bed, mosquitoes hate wind, enough to keep them away.

Sonik

Replaceable liquid repellents are value for money and keep these fuckers away, my windows is always open with lights on and they never bother me

BossLackey

Gold Member
oToDNFP.jpg

Made in Africa where skeeters are the size of dogs, so you know this shit works. Apparently good for you skin too for a lot of reasons.

Wash up with this and they'll think thrice before touching you again.

SirTerry-T

QuH2GJX.jpg

And/or
5Jx56Jx.jpg

That'll help keep the fuckers at bay

Use it as a spread on toast ...don't spread it on yourself for fucks sake, that would just be foolish.

Last edited:

GloveSlap

I went to a relative's house when i was a kid and they had no clue their house was infested with fleas. Some people are just oblivious. It might be worse than the people who don't realize their smoke detector is chirping every 30 seconds.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Yah, I never move into a place without fly screens or aircon, preferably both.

Mosquitos are probably the largest killer of humanity. Think about the 10s of millions throughoutt the ages that have died due to the fuckers. Near to a million people still die yearly thanks to malaria and other associated diseases.

GymWolf

The funny thing is that even the most advanced earplugs can't cover their weird frequency rumor so you still hear the fucking sound of the cunts flying around your head.

Sicily is full choke of mosquitos.

thefool

Ceiling fans are a simple effective solution. I've always been curious why it never gained traction in europe, namely in the south.

Sounds like we could target disease vector mosquito species with low risk. This article mentions there will always be unknown impacts but it's been done before in a few regions without major repercussions.

starship troopers im from buenos aires and i say kill em all GIF

Geomancer86

Neo Member
You must have some pussy ass mosquitos where you live because i have ceiling fans at work and in the kitchen and they do jack shit for mosquitos.
The only thing that a fan does is disrupt mosquitos enough so they cannot hover over your skin and bite you with ease... you will still see a cloud of mosquitoes if you don't kill them with some kind of poison.

The same with an oscillating fan pointing to your bed, you only avoid to get bites and the annoying sound over your ears, but they will still hover around your body all night waiting for the fan to go off. That's why you also have some tablets/poison on during the night.

Batiman

Banned
I hope they bite up you’re asshole.

Poor little critters. Always being misjudged.

Now wasps on the other hand can rot in hell. I can’t even chill on my balcony without me dancing around like a little girl swinging my arms around. They’re brutal this week. I got swarmed at the gas station the other day too. Random people looking at me like I’m fighting an invisible enemy. I run back in my car and I swear it’s like those horror movie tropes where the villain is in the back seat ready fro round 2.

Right now I’m on vacation and chilling at sisters. I can’t even chill by the pool. These fuckers are just angry and out for blood. I got bitten last year on my foot and it sucked

Last edited:

GymWolf

The only thing that a fan does is disrupt mosquitos enough so they cannot hover over your skin and bite you with ease... you will still see a cloud of mosquitoes if you don't kill them with some kind of poison.

The same with an oscillating fan pointing to your bed, you only avoid to get bites and the annoying sound over your ears, but they will still hover around your body all night waiting for the fan to go off. That's why you also have some tablets/poison on during the night.
Well i guess it doesn't work with all mosquitos.

Maybe it work with small ones, but not with big ass tigers
440px-Aedes_Albopictus.jpg

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Where the fuck are you, OP? Because anywhere that gets mosquitos and constant hot weather should have screens at the very least - and ideally air con.

Parts of Australia would be unbearable without both.

Last edited:

KrakenIPA

Well i guess it doesn't work with all mosquitos.

Maybe it work with small ones, but not with big ass tigers
440px-Aedes_Albopictus.jpg
The little Tigers are the worst they know exactly where your capillaries exist. I do DDT. It causes a lot of health problems but those are nothing when compared to watching a skeeter land on you, try to taste you, and then fly away.

My screened porch has one TINY lil hole in the top of it where a piece of roofing tile fell through when the landlord replaced the roof.
99.9% of the porch is screened, and I'll be damned if the little fuckers don't pour in through that tiny hole.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Fuck You Mosquitos III

You're telling us that this is the third installment in your mosquito chronicles? If so may I suggest a better title?

Gaylord Faucker You Mosqueerdo III: Spray Hard With You Poison

Geomancer86

Neo Member
Mosquitos can only reproduce in standing/still waters... I cannot imagine the first world being so lazy to let open containers with water in their backyards.

Top Bottom