• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy’s 50-Hour Sale - starts Aug 18th and ends Aug 20th

I wonder if the headset trick would work on an external hard drive. I've got an offer for $100 off a 4TB WD and it's currently on sale for $120 as part of this promotion.

Edit: Nope.

I ordered the Holmes Tower Fan that was part of the sale and did Store Pickup, when I went to pick it up, I saw a bunch of those yellow headsets in the pick up area, so it seems a lot of people took advantage of it haha. I didn't have the coupon otherwise I would of gotten one too :(

Sh0k

Just picked mine up. Going home to try them out.

Just picked up mine from Best Buy, $10.69 out the door with tax. Tried it on the PS4 and they work great so far, the USB cables that are included with the headphones are kind of thick and they don't fit in the front USB ports of the PS4 PRO, had to connect the charging cable to the USB port in the back. The dongle by itself fits fine, the extension base is not needed for the PS4. One little complain is that when I turn on the headphones, it doesn't automatically cuts the receiver volume, you have to go to the Preferences/Devices menu to select the output source, but so far they work great.

Post impressions for $10 purchase price please lol

Post impressions

Sorry, was busy playing with the Surface I picked up too. Very plug and play, the usb transmitter is bigger than I'd like and sticks out 5cm or so from my laptop. The sound itself is probably on par with my old logitech G35 USB cans. Nothing wrong with that, but nothing amazing. Corsair's CUE configuration program is garbage and has already crashed once. That said, it's necessary to activate dolby headphone or mess with the EQ settings. Also to turn off the battery wasting LEDs.

I don't THINK you need to mess with it again once you have everything to your liking. Obviously I haven't had them long enough yet to test battery length, but every review I've seen stated they last for ages. They are super comfy. They have some heft/weight but they sit very nicely.

I'd say they are exactly what I'd expect. They are $120ish dollar wireless headphones you get for $10 and they perform as such. Well worth the price of entry since I didn't have any wireless ones.

tempted to get the shield tv for Plex but may wait until it gets closer to $150 or after i get a 4k tv as my amazon fire tv seems to be doing ok on that front

I bought the 43" Toshiba tv for my bedroom today. It's replacing a 14" one I bought about 10 years ago. I'm really happy with it and $230 isn't bad at all. Although I do now need to buy a new tv stand because the old one I had just sitting on a night stand.

jediyoshi

Picked up the Logitech G203 for $23 and Corsair Strafe RGB for $86.

Excellent mouse, basically identical to the $70 Logitech Pro Gaming Mouse but with a different sensor. Glad I held off on buying the G403. Tried using their demo unit and underestimated how big it'd be.

Splurged on the keyboard, it's one I've been eyeing and $65 off is the best deal I've seen for a new unit. Never used a linear/non tacticle switch before so I've got a weird learning curve, but the quiet keystroke is excellent. Love these goofy RGBs https://streamable.com/mm9fr

SheHateMe

You might be able to get the CORSAIR - VOID SE Wireless Gaming Headset - Yellowjacket for $10 if you have a "My Best Buy Offers". It's originally $130!

Headset
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsai...-headset-yellowjacket/4228300.p?skuId=4228300

Coupon - not everyone will have the coupon in your account
https://www-ssl.bestbuy.com/loyalty/catalog

Activate the coupon and apply it during payment section in checkout. This is a glitched offer since it's suppose to take $60 off MSRP but it actually takes an additional $60 off the sale price.

You can read up more about it here: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic...adset-yellow-jacket-at-best-buy-for-999-ymmv/

So, I picked this up this afternoon after ordering it last night. Here's my quick and dirty review:

It took a minute to get my eyes to adjust to my computer screen, as this thing is YELLOW. My goodness. I almost got away with switching out for the black headset in store, but the nosy manager came by and saw that they weren't technically the same headset. :(

Anyway, for $10, I'm not gonna lie... This headset is worth at least $80-100 and paying a tenner makes it even more worth it. It's not your super high end gaming headset or even a middle of the road normal headset, but it works and it works well. The sound output is good to great depending on what you're listening to.

I hooked this up to my PS4 Pro and it's plug and play surprised me. A bit of warning, however, the USB Dongle doesn't fit up front; use a hub or plug it into the back. Also, turn the volume up high; it sounds a bit low even on it's highest settings, but ultimately unless you're hard of hearing, it's a good range of sound quality.

Finally, these things are COMFORTABLE. The only other headset that I have been able to wear comfortably for long play sessions is the Astro A50's. It doesn't smush my big ass head in like the PS Gold/Platinum.

If you got in on this, you're golden. For $10? I've spent $10 on worse, honestly. This is a good buy for the price.

III-V

Sorry, was busy playing with the Surface I picked up too. Very plug and play, the usb transmitter is bigger than I'd like and sticks out 5cm or so from my laptop. The sound itself is probably on par with my old logitech G35 USB cans. Nothing wrong with that, but nothing amazing. Corsair's CUE configuration program is garbage and has already crashed once. That said, it's necessary to activate dolby headphone or mess with the EQ settings. Also to turn off the battery wasting LEDs.

I don't THINK you need to mess with it again once you have everything to your liking. Obviously I haven't had them long enough yet to test battery length, but every review I've seen stated they last for ages. They are super comfy. They have some heft/weight but they sit very nicely.

I'd say they are exactly what I'd expect. They are $120ish dollar wireless headphones you get for $10 and they perform as such. Well worth the price of entry since I didn't have any wireless ones.

thanks for the feedback.

Darren870

Was thinking about getting an Macbook Air with this sale as my current one is about 5 years old and on its way out.

However, I was also at Costco yesterday and saw an Acer Chromebook for like $250.

I spend 95% of my time on google chrome when I use my laptop (all day).

Whats everyones thoughts on just getting a chrome book? or are we just not there.

I guess the things I don't use chrome for are things like downloading files, itunes stuff (though been using plex more), photo editing, file conversion things like that.

I know it's the 2015 model, but I'm still considering it out of wanting the 27'' screen vs 21.5'' 2017 model at the same price. I will be doing no gaming on it, but some light video/photo work. I appreciate any and all thoughts.

IMG_6277.png

I know it's the 2015 model, but I'm still considering it out of wanting the 27'' screen vs 21.5'' 2017 model at the same price. I will be doing no gaming on it, but some light video/photo work. I appreciate any and all thoughts.

IMG_6277.png

It's cheaper Refurbished at Apple at $1269. BestBuy anniversary sales are jokes.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/...uad-core-intel-core-i5-with-retina-5k-display

Also, I prefer buying from Apple over BestBuy. BestBuy don't have good return policies compared to Apple.

So, I picked this up this afternoon after ordering it last night. Here's my quick and dirty review:

It took a minute to get my eyes to adjust to my computer screen, as this thing is YELLOW. My goodness. I almost got away with switching out for the black headset in store, but the nosy manager came by and saw that they weren't technically the same headset. :(

Anyway, for $10, I'm not gonna lie... This headset is worth at least $80-100 and paying a tenner makes it even more worth it. It's not your super high end gaming headset or even a middle of the road normal headset, but it works and it works well. The sound output is good to great depending on what you're listening to.

I hooked this up to my PS4 Pro and it's plug and play surprised me. A bit of warning, however, the USB Dongle doesn't fit up front; use a hub or plug it into the back. Also, turn the volume up high; it sounds a bit low even on it's highest settings, but ultimately unless you're hard of hearing, it's a good range of sound quality.

Finally, these things are COMFORTABLE. The only other headset that I have been able to wear comfortably for long play sessions is the Astro A50's. It doesn't smush my big ass head in like the PS Gold/Platinum.

If you got in on this, you're golden. For $10? I've spent $10 on worse, honestly. This is a good buy for the price.

You mentioned the PS headsets. How are the quality of these compared to those? Own a pair of the Golds right now, so I'm still debating on if I really need these for myself or if I should just let a buddy have them.

Was thinking about getting an Macbook Air with this sale as my current one is about 5 years old and on its way out.

However, I was also at Costco yesterday and saw an Acer Chromebook for like $250.

I spend 95% of my time on google chrome when I use my laptop (all day).

Whats everyones thoughts on just getting a chrome book? or are we just not there.

I guess the things I don't use chrome for are things like downloading files, itunes stuff (though been using plex more), photo editing, file conversion things like that.

I switched last year from Macbook to Chromebook. I bought a Samsung Chromebook pro this year. In some ways I love it. Forward thinking, fast charging, elegant. Then when it doesn't do something simple like edit pdfs and docs in the same app, I get extremely frustrated. I'm currently thinking about discarding the Chromebook all together and seeing if switching to iPad Pro and iOS 11 would work better for me.

I like Chromebook alot. But when you run into things that it can't do that seem like a no brainer, it is mind boggling Google hasn't fixed it.

Tendo

My iPhone 6 is on its last legs. This could be big savings on a 7. Is there any major upgrades in the 8 worth waiting for besides the smaller bezel stuff

Spacebar

Has anyone had their headset cancelled? Mine was for in store pick up and haven't gotten an email yet, but it said it wouldn't be ready. I ordered early sat AM. Do they sometimes ship items to the store for in store pick up? Usually I do in store pick up and the items are usually at the the store already.

Owari

Its the price they've been for a couple of months now. So it's not really a special sale price. Its kind of carved out its own niche in the mid range in terms of performance and pricing.
Thanks for the info. I'm just gonna wait it out.

Has anyone had their headset cancelled? Mine was for in store pick up and haven't gotten an email yet, but it said it wouldn't be ready. I ordered early sat AM. Do they sometimes ship items to the store for in store pick up? Usually I do in store pick up and the items are usually at the the store already.

No cancels as far as I'm aware... but if they got flooded from deal websites, they may not have actually had any in stock even though you did store pickup.

Honestly I'd just give that store a call to see if they have it there or not.

SheHateMe

You mentioned the PS headsets. How are the quality of these compared to those? Own a pair of the Golds right now, so I'm still debating on if I really need these for myself or if I should just let a buddy have them.

Honestly, I'd give them to your friend since you own the Golds. That's with the consideration that your Golds condition is holding up.

The one thing I can say after 24 hours is that the batter life on the VOIDs holds up like a champ, as long as you turn off the RGB lights. So that's another thing to consider; the battery life with the RGB lights off is AMAZING.

Has anyone tried connecting the CORSAIR headset to an Xbox One controller using a micro USB to 3.5mm connection?

Just tried it. It's a no go, as the Micro USB doesn't pass through with data, just power.

The wireless headset needs the USB Dongle too connect to it; it does not have an option to not use it.

Been using my VOIDs for a few hours.

They're really comfortable and the build quality is nice. I like how easy it is to change EQ profiles via the rocker as well.

They sound great... unless I'm listening to YouTube audio. I set up my audio EQ listening to my fav tracks on Spotify. Sounded great. Then I tried out some 7.1 videos on YouTube and I got this really annoying crackle in the background. I was worried the headphones were broken until I switched back over to Spotify and everything was crystal clear.

Dunno what the deal is there, and I haven't tried them in-game yet, but for $10 I'd say it was a pretty sweet deal. I just won't be listening to anything on YouTube until I find a solution for that.

Top Bottom