• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Thread: Deal of the Day, @Gamer Magazine Coupons, and Weekly Updates

2000px-best_buy_logo-svg.png

Welcome to the Best Buy thread of some the best gaming deals in the U.S. of A. Here you'll find the latest updates to any Deal of the Day, weekly updates for Reward Zone deals, and the monthly @Gamer Magazine coupons. Not Gamers Unlocked yet? Get on it, yo.

dod_top_63833.jpg

Deal of the Day:
N/A

Deal of the Day hints:
http://deals.bestbuy.com/dealoftheday/20120904

Best Buy weekly ad for September 9 to September 15:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327982
*thanks to Midnight Metal from CAG

Buy 2 get 1 free on ALL 3DS games

tradein.png

Trade-in promotion - ends September 8:

100% trade-in bonus on all games traded in.

Check the values of your games here.

rzgc_panel1.jpg

Reward Zone Offers (in-store only, expires September 15):

Save $20 or $30 (GCU) on Max Payne 3 for PS3 or Xbox 360
Save $15 on Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for PS Vita
Save $30 on The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition for Xbox 360

September @Gamer Coupons - Valid September 2 to October 6:

Prototype 2 (PS3/360) - $30 off
Battlefield 3 (PS3) - $30 off
Mass Effect 3 (PC/PS3/360) - $20 off
Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3/360) - $20 off
Civilization V GOTY, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum, Call of Duty 4, Rage: Campaign Edition, Star Wars Mac Pack, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Mac) - $15 off
Pre-owned Madden NFL 12 or NCAA 12 (PS3/360) - $15 off
Any pre-owned game $29.99 and up - $10 off
Tritton Primer Wireless Headset for Xbox 360 - $20 off

Gamers Club Unlocked - $20 certificate with pre-order and purchase of select titles:

FIFA 13
Borderlands 2
Resident Evil 6
NBA 2K13
Dishonored
Medal of Honor: Warfighter
Assassin's Creed III
Halo 4
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Far Cry 3

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?

Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?

You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?

Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?

The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?

You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are 10 titles on this list. Can I get 10 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?

Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 10,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?

Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?

The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?

Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?

Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?

Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?

Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?

Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?

Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

To be eligible, you must be a Reward Zone program Gamers Club Unlocked member and meet minimum age requirements of purchased game at time of pickup or shipment. Visit MyRewardZone.com/gamersclub for list of eligible game titles, street dates, minimum age and other requirements. Street dates are subject to change by publisher. Offer valid at BestBuy.com and in Best Buy stores in 50 U.S./D.C. Game must be pre-ordered by street date and purchased as follows: (1) If you pre-order in-store or online for In-Store Pickup, purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date; or (2) If you pre-order online for Ship to Home, your purchase will be processed and shipped on or about street date. Please provide Reward Zone member number at time of pre-order and pickup. Eligible Gamers Club Unlocked members will receive 1,000 Reward Zone points (worth $20 Reward Certificate) per qualified purchase. Limit one award per member per title. Points will post to your account approximately 30 days from time of pickup or shipment. Follow instructions on MyRewardZone.com to issue your Reward Certificate. Reward Zone membership and Reward Certificates are subject to Reward Zone program rules. Gamers Club Unlocked subscriptions ($14.99 per year) are available for purchase in Best Buy stores only. If you are not a Gamers Club Unlocked member at time of pre-order, you must join in-store prior to game pickup or shipment. If you join on day of in-store pickup, enrollment must be on the same transaction as game pickup and member number must be provided to be eligible. If you join after game pickup or shipment, you will not be eligible to receive an award for that title. No dealers. No rainchecks.

Pick-up Deadline

logo-gamer-top.gif

Can I buy separate issues of the @Gamer Magazine so I can use the coupons?

Yes, for $4.99 at the store.

Is the @Gamer 1-year subscription worth it for $14.99?

Yes. In one issue or two, you're guaranteed to find something from a coupon that'll more than make up for that. Plus, check out the benefits.

atgamer.png

Links:

General Video Game Page
Reward Zone
@Gamer

KillerAJD

Hmm, does this deal with the trade-ins require their membership program? I took advantage of it a week or so ago, and the cashier told me it ended today. Was he just mistaken? If so, I need to take another trip to Best Buy, haha.

Daigoro

Lollipop Chainsaw needs to go on sale so i can get it on the cheap. still too much for me at only 20 off of 60.

I was able to take advantage of the Kingdom's of Amalur $10 deal last month, but I subscribed to this solely for the $20 preorder bonus.

I already have it set for Bordelands 2. I'm thinking of getting Dishonored, but I need to learn more about that before I decide to preorder it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I was able to take advantage of the Kingdom's of Amalur $10 deal last month, but I subscribed to this solely for the $20 preorder bonus.

I already have it set for Bordelands 2. I'm thinking of getting Dishonored, but I need to look into it before deciding to preorder that.

I did the same, although I wasn't able to get KoA for 10 bucks, store was sold out.

I have Borderlands 2 pre-ordered and when I pick that up, I'll probably just go ahead and pre-order Halo 4 as well. 20 bucks plus whatever I have in rewards certs. Then get another 20 back.

Hmm, does this deal with the trade-ins require their membership program? I took advantage of it a week or so ago, and the cashier told me it ended today. Was he just mistaken? If so, I need to take another trip to Best Buy, haha.

You don't need a membership for their trade-in promotions, but if you're a Gamers Unlocked Member then you get Reward Zone points per every dollar value of your trade-ins. Plus an extra 10% extra trade-in credit on top of the base values and promotions.

Lollipop Chainsaw needs to go on sale so i can get it on the cheap. still too much for me at only 20 off of 60.

Waiting on the MSRP to drop down to $29.99 or a Best Buy sale at $24.99. Would be nice around $4.99 to $9.99 :)

New Reward Zone offers are up:

MSRP:

Max Payne 3 - $59.99
The Witcher 2 - $49.99
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Vita) - $39.99

Synless

New Reward Zone offers are up:

MSRP:

Max Payne 3 - $59.99
The Witcher 2 - $49.99
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Vita) - $39.99
So I pay $15 for a Reward Zone gaming membership and I can immediately use these deals? I'm interested in getting Witcher 2 for $20.

So I pay $15 for a Reward Zone gaming membership and I can immediately use these deals? I'm interested in getting Witcher 2 for $20.

You can just have a regular (free) Reward Zone membership at Best Buy to take advantage of some of the deals, but anything marked "GCU" is for members with the $14.99 subscription, and yes you can take advantage of the deals as soon as you link your Reward Zone and Gamers Unlocked account.

Synless

You can just have a regular (free) Reward Zone membership at Best Buy to take advantage of some of the deals, but anything marked "GCU" is for members with the $14.99 subscription, and yes you can take advantage of the deals as soon as you link your Reward Zone and Gamers Unlocked account.
So Witcher 2 is one without needing the $15 subscription then? Sweet!

So Witcher 2 is one without needing the $15 subscription then? Sweet!

On the website if you click the link for the offer on the page for Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition it says it's a Gamers Club Unlocked offer which does require the $15/year subscription. You're free to check it yourself and see if it's any different:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Wit...13764796&skuId=3555951&st=Witcher 2&lp=1&cp=1

That said, I clicked through for the offer and it's a dead page currently so perhaps it's not quite ready to go? Once it's available I do believe I'll be picking myself up a copy. I've been waiting to get it for awhile now.

Edit: My mistake. I read too quickly and it just says Gamers Club, which is free, not Gamers Club Unlocked. So for now I'd say it should be good to go once the coupon actually shows up properly.

On the website if you click the link for the offer on the page for Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition it says it's a Gamers Club Unlocked offer which does require the $15/year subscription. You're free to check it yourself and see if it's any different:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Wit...13764796&skuId=3555951&st=Witcher 2&lp=1&cp=1

That said, I clicked through for the offer and it's a dead page currently so perhaps it's not quite ready to go? Once it's available I do believe I'll be picking myself up a copy. I've been waiting to get it for awhile now.

Edit: My mistake. I read too quickly and it just says Gamers Club, which is free, not Gamers Club Unlocked. So for now I'd say it should be good to go once the coupon actually shows up properly.

Yeah, it should be good to go around 10:00AM central later today.

IrishNinja

damn, i was thinking id only mess with BB on the black friday/holiday online deals. some of that's not too bad.

shame i don't have 3 3DS titles i want at the moment, just Rhythm Thief (NSMB2 looks good, but ive still got a $20 Kmart coupon from buying my XL there). i also ran into trouble trying to use placeholders on their last B2G1 so i think i'll pass on this one.

Agreed. I'm hoping it'll go on sale so it's $10-20 before this month's coupons expire. I'm still playing the KOA:Reckoning that I got for $10 from the last mag.

Witcher 2 rings up at $39.99, so with the RZ $30 off you can get it for $9.99. What a steal.

Wasn't the case for me when I got it on Sunday so just a warning that not all stores may have seen that price difference. Might have to stop in to check but I don't know if I really want to bother price matching when I already got $30 off and used a $10 Reward Zone certificate. I have to stop in tomorrow so perhaps I'll get myself an extra $10.

Einhander

I feel ripped off. I took advantage of the 'Buy 2 3DS games and get 1 free' promotion, but one of the 3DS games I bought, which was Kid Icarus Uprising, was already reduced to $15 because of a separate sale going on for it, so that was the one that was chosen by the computer to be free automatically, I suppose. The lowest priced game is free. Damn you, Best Buy. What I should have done was requested to have two transactions, one for Uprising by itself, and the other for three other games. I could have added New Super Mario Bros 2 to the other two.

fenners

I feel ripped off. I took advantage of the 'Buy 2 3DS games and get 1 free' promotion, but one of the 3DS games I bought, which was Kid Icarus Uprising, was already reduced to $15 because of a separate sale going on for it, so that was the one that was chosen by the computer to be free automatically, I suppose. The lowest priced game is free. Damn you, Best Buy. What I should have done was requested to have two transactions, one for Uprising by itself, and the other for three other games. I could have added New Super Mario Bros 2 to the other two.

THe lowest priced item is always free for these kind of deals.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
So if I go pick up the Witcher 2, bring it up to the cashier, it should ring up as $9.99 because I'm a reward zone member? Or do I need to print out a coupon somewhere?

U2NUMB

You'll need a coupon from the RewardZone website.

Also with these coupons from the site they do NOT need to scan in your reward card. That will actually disable the coupon. When they scan the coupon it has your reward info in it. Make sure the cashier follows the instructions on the coupon.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Thanks for the quick answer guys/gals.

One more question:

If my local Best Buy does not have it (Witcher 2), I guess I'm shit out of luck?

Edit: Thread is awesome btw. I bought Spirit Camera for $14.99 at Best Buy a few weeks ago, will trade it in this week for $16. :p

dralla

ugh what the fuck, It won't let me sign up for reward zone, I want the Witcher :( I made an account but it won't let me sign in, sigh

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Going to go pick up a copy of The Witcher 2 for a friend when I go in to preorder Borderlands 2 later this week. I'm going to be banking all these rewards certs towards my Wii U. Hooray.

You shouldn't actually need to bring in any coupon if you're already signed up for Gamers Club through Reward Zone. This is the free program, not Gamers Club Unlocked. When I went in she added my Reward Zone and then simply totaled the transaction. The system recognized me as being in the program and popped up a message to automatically discount the game. The system has been getting upgrades and this was becoming increasingly more common for deals and should be the case for The Witcher 2. The only thing the coupon does it provide the cashier with your RZ ID so instead of asking for your phone number they can scan the "coupon" or type it in. Honestly phone number is usually quicker if you're going to have them attempt to scan the barcode off of a smart phone.

And for the person that bought the three 3DS games you should simply go in, pick out a third game, and go over to customer service to have them fix it up. Ask them to return your previous purchases but to re-ring it in the way you've suggested and it really shouldn't be too much of a problem. The biggest issue would be Kid Icarus Uprising being a one-day deal so make sure the customer service employee is aware of that before they go into it so they don't try to hassle you at all when they're redoing things and it comes up as regular price now. They should be able to sort things out or at least get the overrides to take care of you since it's a fairly legitimate customer issue.

Gamers Club Unlocked - $20 certificate with pre-order and purchase of select titles:

FIFA 13
Borderlands 2
Resident Evil 6
NBA 2K13
Dishonored
Medal of Honor: Warfighter
Assassin's Creed III
Halo 4
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Far Cry 3
Yeah this is a no brainer, I'm preordering 7 of these games.

dralla

yes, I got it to work. cashier took forever, for some reason he just didn't want to use my account number, he kept asking for phone number, address, shit like that. I was like dude, just scan this thing from my phone, and it worked! Witcher 2 for $10!

j3nVPeRMZZrjp.jpg

I'll probably never play it, but hey, 10 bucks!

Einhander

And for the person that bought the three 3DS games you should simply go in, pick out a third game, and go over to customer service to have them fix it up. Ask them to return your previous purchases but to re-ring it in the way you've suggested and it really shouldn't be too much of a problem. The biggest issue would be Kid Icarus Uprising being a one-day deal so make sure the customer service employee is aware of that before they go into it so they don't try to hassle you at all when they're redoing things and it comes up as regular price now. They should be able to sort things out or at least get the overrides to take care of you since it's a fairly legitimate customer issue.

Eh. I can wait to play New Super Mario Bros 2, and there weren't any other 3DS games I wanted to get there.

Seventy5

Best buy is great. I got $30 back today since I bought The Witcher 2 for $40 last week. Ended up getting 3 more games with a b2g1 coupon from joining gamers club unlocked, and that's in addition to the b2g1 I got last week. BB added at least 30 games to my backlog in the last 3 months and the fall stuff hasn't even come out yet. I'm going to end up with 2 freebies from preordering 6 off their $20 credit list, and I will still have $40 left. Fucking crazy deals...I hope it helps them get up on Gamestop.

Amagon

yes, I got it to work. cashier took forever, for some reason he just didn't want to use my account number, he kept asking for phone number, address, shit like that. I was like dude, just scan this thing from my phone, and it worked! Witcher 2 for $10!

j3nVPeRMZZrjp.jpg

I'll probably never play it, but hey, 10 bucks!

The game is worth every penny

I have the Dark Edition sealed. I'm a whore.

Juice

They're doing the 100% trade in bonus a while longer, so I just scrounged up about $150 worth of games to trade in tomorrow. If I buy GCU in store tomorrow, will the 10% bonus stack with that? If so, that'd cover the cost of admission right there.

Chris R

Witcher 2 for 9.99 is a no brainer, just trying to decide if I want to sign up for "Unlocked"... Getting $20 back for Borderlands 2 (and getting it day of launch instead of a week later) might make me cancel my Amazon preorder.

U2NUMB

How often do the mags come out? I feel cheated, there is nothing in that current list I want :-(

I believe there are 10 issues a year. I believe July and August were together so they will be monthly outside of 2 times a year it will be a 2 month window.

Side note. 100% trade in bonus rocks. Traded 2 games in yesterday and got 65 dollars.

Czigga

I thought I'd bump this because I discovered something pretty cool.

So I'm a Best Buy rewards member. I also have a Best Buy Rewards credit card.

Anyway, you get 2X rewards points whenever you use the credit card. Not too shabby.

However, I was checking my points accrual online and realized something.

For my recent Wii U purchase, I did not want to put the whole transaction on the card in order to keep the balance low. So I told them to put $100-$200 (I forget exactly) on the card and I’d pay the rest cash.

However when I looked online later I found that they gave me the full 2X point bonus for the entire purchase, not just the portion I paid with the credit card.

So after that bonus, the RZ Gamer bonus, my premier silver bonus, I ended up getting almost 1000 points back for a $364 purchase.

What this means is that in theory, even if you have no real interest in using a BB reward zone credit card, you could still just get one, and pay like $1.00 toward any purchase and get double points for the whole purchase anyway.

Not scientifically verified but worth it to try out if you already have a BB credit card

Top Bottom