• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best game to get into BioWare world?

jdstorm

Banned
I'm planning to get the PS3 Trilogy. Is a good version? Because i rather to play in a console.
Also It includes all the DLCs that you say?

Its perfectly serviceable (Have something like 500Hours in those versions)

Also it includes a fair bit of the DLC with the purchase so thats a plus.

lumzi23

Knights of the Old Republic. Favorite game ever.

Followed by the Mass Effect Trilogy (My personal favorite being part 3).

I like what I have seen main plotwise from DA: Inquisition.

Didn't get far in either Baldur's Gate game or DA: Origins so I can't comment. I also didn't get far in DA2 because it seemed a bit too cringy.

Rather disliked Jade Empire.

Never played NWN.

xealo

Sorry but I don't want to spend hours learning how THAC0 works
The game does all that calculation for you, you don't have to learn how to calculate the actual math behind THAC0 at all as long as you're aiming for a lower AC always being better.

The main barrier to anyone trying to get into BG2 will really be the magic system and its many noob traps and outright useless spells more so than THAC0.

Composer

Bioware games are pretty much the anti-JPRG. Not sure you'll find anything to enjoy. Personally, I think Dragon Age: Origins is the best modern BioWare, followed by Mass Effect 1/3.

Dumbed down Bioware? Mass Effect 1,2

Glory days Bioware? Baldur's Gate 2
Baldur's Gate is significantly more dumbed down than any of their later games. It's a shame, because the writing (at least in BG2) and mechanics are good but the gameplay is fundamentally lessened by the port to real time.

Top Bottom