• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best gaming (or otherwise) documentary you’ve ever seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

93xfan

Banned
Anybody gotten a chance to see What is a Woman? Got closed with no reason in the other thread. Are we sure some purple mods haven’t shifted over to here in a dire attempt to suppress truth anywhere it is found? Maybe they just wanted it here in the gaming section so it gets more views. :)

Anyway, in What Is an Woman, other side of the debate is given every opportunity to dismantle what Walsh states, but simply cannot.

More important though, it shows the horrible and permanent harm these “treatments” have in children.

It also exposes the terrible origins of where this movement started.

One thing they unfortunately don’t get to cover is the fact that kids who don’t get treatment are no more likely to commit suicide. No studies show that at all.

Disclaimer: Please be civil and stick to the facts and to reality when discussing this subject matter. Crossing my fingers there are no GROOMERS with a problem with this thread.

Last edited:

Boneless

I cannot remember the name but it was a documentary in I believe China where you had people taking a year off and playing everquest non-stop in a type of internet cafe with private booths.

SHA

I'm sorry if i sounded rude but your title doesn't match with the op, it's different, I'm confused whether I should pick any documentary I find best or comment to the one you picked.
There are many as I remember, the original crysis documentary is one of them.

intbal

I posted this one maybe a year ago. It's old now, but it was very well done.
It's also very short at seven minutes.

Fascinating look at gaming in an emerging market.

violence

Yeah, if this forum is set to be so woke and can’t even back children from being irreversibly mutilated, then I’m done with it
I think a lot of those people fled to resetera. They’re probably just tired of politics (here).

Last edited:
Valve had a good one about dota. Don't remember what its called but it should be on steam. Noclip has some good ones. There is an old one about the donkey king high score with that billy guy.

Last edited:
Indie Game the movie is probably at the top of my list as far as gaming docs go. Looking for some new ones to watch if anyone's got YouTube links

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
41tJNzG+VML._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

This entire documentary lives rent free in my head.

radewagon

From Wikipedia:
What Is a Woman? is a 2022 American online film about gender and transgender issues presented by conservative political commentator Matt Walsh. The film was released by conservative website The Daily Wire, with direction by Justin Folk.

So, yeah...
Awkward The Simpsons GIF

In before that lock. If I'm quick enough. . .

SpiceRacz

King of Kong, obviously. This one is interesting to watch afterwards. It's a different portrayal of Billy Mitchell. Great documentary if you're into retro gaming.

p171069_v_v8_aa.jpg

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Watch The Gaming Historian on YouTube. Especially his video on Tetris. I’d say every video he has done is great.

John Bilbo

The Beatles documentary by BBC I saw about 17 years ago was good.

Also the extras on Lord of the Rings Extended Editions.

Not quite documentary I guess, but Anything EVE Online:

I truly believe this game was the reason why so many devs chased after the 'Player actions tell the story' holy grail years later. None of them ever came close to what EVE's community accomplished. If Fallout 76 was a better game at launch, I could have seen it coming close.

By the way, this is one of the reasons why I miss the old G4. They used to have entire shows that would cover these types of things, along with the show 'icons' that would be documentaries on legendary developers amongst all of gaming history. That channel was truly, truly ahead of it's time. It's a real shame there isn't one stream that just is rolling 24/7 on twitch doing anything close to what they did.

Instead everything is scattershot across streaming and Youtube.

I liked when we had it. Not a lot of places where you can express non psychopathic viewpoints.
Because most people are just normal people, living normal ass lives. Not everyone who isn't up in arms at every injustice that is being propagated by whatever parties self-interests currently reflect is some passive participant in a nefarious plot from the other side. Most of us are just too busy with our own bullshit to even do anything but work and try and spend the best quality time with friends and loved ones as they can.

93xfan

Banned
Because most people are just normal people, living normal ass lives. Not everyone who isn't up in arms at every injustice that is being propagated by whatever parties self-interests currently reflect is some passive participant in a nefarious plot from the other side. Most of us are just too busy with our own bullshit to even do anything but work and try and spend the best quality time with friends and loved ones as they can.
Other than Twitter, most places ban this stuff unless your arguing for further harming children with affirmative “care”.

Pejo

Oi OP, not learning your lesson it seems.

I probably shouldn't even bother since this thread is headed for locksville, but this was a fun and informative watch:

I wish IH would do more of these type of videos again.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I watch a lot of video game docs. I would say king of king is the standard. But that is a piece about people more than a game.

Maybe Atari game over or video games the movie. The one that game in with the Atari 50 anniversary game is good.

I'm sorry if i sounded rude but your title doesn't match with the op, it's different, I'm confused whether I should pick any documentary I find best or comment to the one you picked.

lol yeah OP we see the reason you think you want to come here. and it's not for games, it's because OP's brain works in only bipartisan ways, and he feels one forum is one tribe and this forum is another

try to be less painfully obvious where you lean OP lol

anyway, can't think of one, gonna check the comments to see who can remind me of one I saw

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
lol yeah OP we see the reason you think you want to come here. and it's not for games, it's because OP's brain works in only bipartisan ways, and he feels one forum is one tribe and this forum is another

try to be less painfully obvious where you lean OP lol

anyway, can't think of one, gonna check the comments to see who can remind me of one I saw
Got my thread closed in the off topic. :)

Not sure there are 2 sides to child abuse through Gender Affirming Care. Even far left countries like England, Norway and Finland have walked back the bad policies.

And if you do not know that it’s harmful, I suggest absolutely looking into it further, and do your best to recognize the propaganda.

I liked when we had it. Not a lot of places where you can express non psychopathic viewpoints.
the political forum here was pretty one sided, and alienated...alot of groups. it made the forum look bad tbh. That's why it was closed.

let me guess, the side was your side lol

93xfan

Banned
the political forum here was pretty one sided, and alienated...alot of groups. it made the forum look bad tbh. That's why it was closed.

let me guess, the side was your side lol
The non crazy side that doesn’t want to irreversibly harm children? Why yes, it is

Ah, the one time I didn't initially read the OP(because I thought this was a harmless topic) and now I realize this thread is doomed to be closed.

Like others here, I feel like I might have wasted my recommendations. Hopefully the OP is simply is edited instead because there's good stuff here.

Zathalus

He can be annoying, but with this, he is spot on and fantastic. He also doesn’t talk too much which may help
Considering his other views and the publication he works for I'm going to stay well away. I cannot trust or support such a biased source.

This doesn't mean I agree or disagree with the how kids are treated, it just that I'm not going to waste my time with him.

93xfan

Banned
Don't you feel that potential economic collapse, war, and climate change are equally as much of a concern?

why won't you post anything about that? oh wait..

this gonna get closed though lol
Getting information out about this issue has more likelihood to make a difference. People need to be armed with facts so they can help confused parents of confused children.

Getting information out about this issue has more likelihood to make a difference. People need to be armed with facts so they can help confused parents of confused children.
oh so the other things are hopeless so we shouldn't talk about it? They definitely affect us more and actually may kill us.

things that kill you are of more importance than...this.

and this documentary is old. we've seen it already. why are you so late to the party?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom