• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best mainstream fast food menu items?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scabro

mcdonald's bacon habanero ranch quarter pounder is great

Carl jrs/ hardees mile high bacon burger/jalapeno thickburger is great

Kozak

Banned
4018713002.jpg

Grand Angus from McDs

Zinger Burger from KFC

Double Whopper from Hungry Jacks

Dicer

Banned
Best fries:
McD's even with the lack o' tallow

Best Burger: The big 3
BK: Double Whopper w/ cheese and bacon, the KING
Wendy's: Double the new style double is awesome that bun/onion/pickle combo make it
McD's: Double QP with cheese, simple delicious
Not everyone has an in and out or a five guys or a carls jr or whatever around them, so I go with the top 3 (inter)national chains

Fish:
The McFish no other comes close, it's processed and not good for you but it's yummy

Nuggets:
Wendy's/BK/McD's Wendys taste the best, BK are shockingly decent and well McD's are nuggets.

Chicken Sandwich:
BK: Tendercrisp, winner winner chicken...sandwhich

tim.mbp

KFC Chicken Bites - At least they are made from pieces of chicken breast and not the processed form shit from McDonalds or Burger King.

DOWN

Banned
Brings a tear to my eye to see so much McDonald's on here.

I am first and foremost a patron of the classic #1 combination: Big Mac + Fries + Coca-Cola

Also a fan of Wendy's and if any of you Europeans remember, the Piñata Whopper from BK.

espher

Looking at this thread, I really wish the big chains like McD's would have like a rotating 'international tastes' menu where you'd get some of the menu items you can't normally get in your menu.

Personally speaking, I have to go with the Wendy's Son of Baconator. I like their burgers, but I don't generally eat large portion sizes, and this satisfies my cravings at a mid-tier price.

I'm a big fan of KFC's chicken strips, love those things.

And BK really needs to bring back their chicken fries, they were hands down my favorite fast food item.

Arbys also has the best breakfast in the business, their egg sausage burrito are amazing and they come with two hash browns that are way better than McD.

Ambient80

If Five Guys counts, then I'd say that their Cajun fries are my absolute favorite.

Otherwise, Chick-Fil-A spicy chicken sandwich.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
McDs
20 piece chicken mcnuggets with buffalo sauce
McDoubles
Doubld Quarter Pounder with Cheese
Egg McMuffin
Sausage Burrito

Arbys
Market Fresh Roast Beef Sandwich (not always on menu, just ask for it)

Taco Bell
Shredded Chicken Burrito

Whataburger
Breakfast Bacon Egg Cheese Taquito
BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich on Texas Toast

Looking at this thread, I really wish the big chains like McD's would have like a rotating 'international tastes' menu where you'd get some of the menu items you can't normally get in your menu.

Personally speaking, I have to go with the Wendy's Son of Baconator. I like their burgers, but I don't generally eat large portion sizes, and this satisfies my cravings at a mid-tier price.

Dude. That'd be awesome! Like they should have a promo this summer or something where every week they have a different international McD product.

bengraven

BK

Italian Chicken - so good
Whopper Jr. - it's like a salad on a bun with a bit of meat

Arby's

Cheddar and Beef - classic, perfect with some RB's sauce
Potato Slices - because fuck carbs...?

McD's

Quarter Pounder - because it's the only meat in all of fast food that tastes almost like a burger you would eat at home - it has the size, texture, and juiciness of a homemade burger...almost
Chicken Nuggets - because fuck your paste, it's still good shit! Sweet and Sour Saws bitch
EDIT: Sausage Burrito - Sub reminded me. Fucking TERRIBLE - dry tortilla, watery cheese, overly peppered sausage, egg that's disintegrating while you eat it. Horrible. I usually order three. My favorite breakfast fast food item - I'm convinced I really hate it, but McD's somehow was able to combine crack cocaine with pure sex and make it into a burrito

Hardees

Frisco Burger - the only thing they seemed to have kept from their previous non-Carl's Jr. inspired days and the beast

Taco Bell

Steak Quesadilla - because it's delicious but there's barely anything there despite the cost, but fuck it it's delicious
Chalupa - best wrap for a taco ever

Taco John's

Taco Burgers - something about the dry ass bread, greasy meat and shaved lettuce just works for me
Mexi Rolls - gotta get all three sawses - sour, nacho, guac
Everything - because I fucking miss Taco Johns and there are none in Florida except one random restaurant three hours away, BONUS: taco salads - dope

Bullshit fake Chinese-American Places That All Taste the Same

General Tso's chicken - don't ask me, there's a fucking doc about it for a reason - I can eat three plates of just this
Crab Wontons - because lol there's no fucking disgusting crab in them - it's all melted cream cheese and dipped in red, glowing radioactive sweet goo
California Rolls - just kidding, that shit is gross

Ambient80

Dude. That'd be awesome! Like they should have a promo this summer or something where every week they have a different international McD product.

That would be neat and I'd definitely try those things but I imagine it'd be tough to pull off for a one week item. Something usually only available in maybe 1-200 stores suddenly available in thousands (millions?) more in a different country for only a week would get hairy, even for someone as big as McDonalds.

cheesey gordita crunch at taco bell :: best item

spicy chicken sandwich/biscuit / waffle fries / diet doctor pepper at chik-fil-a :: best meal

Seep

From my holiday a couple of months back.

Chick-fil-a spicy chicken with Polynesian sauce is top tier their nuggets are awesome too and the fries mmmmmmm.

Followed by Wendy's Asiago chicken burger then Baconator.

Popeyes chicken tenders were OK (bit dry) the biscuit (scone) though was salty WTF! Mash wasn't great gravy was awful.

UK McDonalds is far superior to US McD same with Burgerking.

And at the bottom we have Taco Bell what the fuck do people see in this place, it's the only fast food I've never finished disgusting horrible slop. Most processed food I have ever had the misfortune to taste.

Edit: does Publix count? If so Philly cheese steak with provolone and hot sauce is fantastic.

Kozak

Banned

They did that in Australia.

Was pretty great

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Chick Fil A is soooooooo overrated. All it has going for it is the prepackaged sauces.
give me a spicy McChicken over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom