• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best tag on GAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switters

I was 30 when I first applied to GAF. I was 35 when I got approved. I will be dead by the time I earn a tag.

I vote Mama's for the sequential epic, and because it entertained me for the few minutes I would otherwise think about how unfulfilled I am with life.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hrm VKS's original tag seems to be:

Thinks they have "tag immunity" lolz

Then became:

Even in all of his masculinity he thinks he has "tag immunity" lolz

But that's not the one I remember... Or maybe it is. Who knows.

Hard to believe it's been two years since I got this tag.

Google has led me to believe that it is about SHAME.

Kind of. You're probably looking at modern Greek while my tag is intended as ancient.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I always enjoyed "Banned (lol)"

Edit: No wait, no. The best tag was the tag that one Apple hating guy got. What was his name, Dovela?
Also, behind my tag is a cautionary tale of how to not fall for evil traps and make "That's what she said!" jokes in topics of a tag fishing nature.

There are several ones that stick out but I really like the tags that site contributors get. Those are pretty cool. Unique ones like Andrex/RubxQb (ancient Greek), Bud's (mouse-over) & MikeWorks' (mirrored) are really cool too.

WillyFive

Ha! What babies.

Frank_barone_01.png

I remember thinking the one that said Derek Smart three times in a row was funny until I found out that Derek Smart was a person. I always imagined it being the primate in his avatar smacking his hands on the ground proclaiming his intelligence.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
I do find it weird as a lurker, that some of the most prolific/influential posters don't have a tag when I do. That said, I do love having a tag.

C'est la vie.

I like that one tag a few people have; "banned". I don't know what it means but their username is a different color (grey) so it must be important.

notsol337

marked forever
I don't really get my tag. I picked it up in a tag fishing thread, and I said "I don't even know what I would want my tag to be" and this is what I got! I like it though.

DancingJesus's tag is my all time favorite. It went along the lines of "His posts are fictional, much like his namesake." Makes me laugh every time. He's banned now though.

notsol337

marked forever
Count Dookkake's tag was pretty hilarious, but now he is back to being a member.

He deserves a tag for being the punmaster of GAF, though. Dude is pretty clever.

Mysteriously vanished. Whether his taste has changed or not is up for debate.

It wasn't mysterious.

At one point, he completely lost his shit in a gaming thread over someone quoting his tag. Like, a 300 word diatribe about how unfairly everyone treats him due to his tag. At that point, the tag (and most negative tags) started disappearing.

On the other hand, I also think Rahx actually has bad taste and is a pain in the ass to argue with because he uniformly starts from a "This is my opinion so I can't be argued with" stance and only gets further entrenched from there. So it was not the world's most inaccurate tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom