• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best way to play Street Fighter Alpha 2 and SSF on modern consoles?

Gren

If you're not some tournament purist, Ultra Street Fighter 2 is gonna be out on Switch on Friday, that may be the best way to play SSF2 on modern consoles, especially once the Hori arcade stick comes out.

Doesn't that version just have the option of choosing classic graphics, but not the classic gameplay? If OP's set on experiencing the old mechanics, that won't really do.

BOTEC

You can't find a 40$ used Wii? Because that's the best option.

I have a Wii, it's in storage. Along with my PSX, SFZ 1, 2, &3, PS2, copy of Alpha Anthology, and my SF Alpha CPS2 board. I'm de-cluttering my space, but would like to still play good, old games. So a downloadable option for a box I have hooked up would be ideal. Thx.

D.Lo

lmao

No, the shittiest port with the shittiest gameplay with the most frames of animation missing of any version of the game isn't better than some load times.
Not defending the version (it's a valiant effort for the older hardware but clearly not the best version), just the complaint against load times. If load times of the SNES version hurt, PSX load times will burn your soul.

LOL

The Saturn version is the closest to the arcade of any home conversion version. The only downsaide are some (rare) frames missing and the Saturn resolution which slightly squashes the game horizontaly.

You either go Saturn or you go FBA on a Wii for proper 240p output.
Word

Fularu

Banned
I have a Wii, it's in storage. Along with my PSX, SFZ 1, 2, &3, PS2, copy of Alpha Anthology, and my SF Alpha CPS2 board. I'm de-cluttering my space, but would like to still play good, old games. So a downloadable option for a box I have hooked up would be ideal. Thx.

There are no good modern options. They all suck.

Best bet is either a Pi with a scanline mod or a Wii on a CRT with 240p output for perfect arcade experience.

I used to love SFA2 (and other Capcom fighters) on my Saturn (sadly sold).

What's the best way to currently play Street Fighter Alpha 2 (and maybe 3) as well as Super Street Fighter II? I have PS2 (not hooked up but can be) PS3, PS4, 360, Wii, Wii U and GC.

It looks as if the PS2 Alpha collection is good?

I am not obsessed with arcade perfection but want something as good as SFA2 was on my Saturn.

Thanks!
Old dude

It sounds like Alpha Anthology is the best option for you, barring getting another Saturn.

I prefer the Saturn version.

Top Bottom